>>Chapter 35

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

"Aish. This Byun Baekhyun. I swear."
you had opened the door when you saw Jessica admiring a cute necklace around her neck. Baekhyun had his back to the door and all that was visible to you was his cold back.

"Aww oppa. You're so sweet. You didn't have to."

You could almost swear that she had met your gaze but it didn't seem so as she immediately jumped up to hug Baekhyun, and for some reason, you couldn't breathe. It felt as if someone had your heart in their hands and squeezed it with all their might.

and it hurt.

"Baekhyun.." you whispered and you knew he had heard you when he whipped his head to face you. He had a look of surprise splashed across his face and you wondered if it was because he was guilty.

"So this is why you called me over, huh?"

"Look, Nana. I didn't mean for you to see--"

"Ah. Was I not supposed to see you two in here? Was I supposed to come in later after you left with that girl so that I could finish up your work for you? That is my job after all." you spat, feeling your world crumble right that moment.

You told yourself to look and keep strong because after all, what did it matter to you if that jerk ran off with a pretty girl. I mean, she did have everything: wealth, face. what more did boys ask for?

but another voice in your head reminded you of the very reason you had suffered to save up money to come to Seoul. The same reason you had stayed up several days to knit a specific red scarf. The same reason you had come out to work every day despite the humiliation you had first received by your peers.

and it hit you. You had come to Seoul to look for your very Bacon but had found Byun Baekhyun. The arrogant and egoistic. No matter how much you denied it, the truth was that they were the same person and as time had gone by, you had grown to fall for the CEO of MultiBillion Company.

Byun.

Baekhyun.

"You're just too much sometimes." you whispered in a barely audible voice. "Well, I'm sorry for bothering you. I don't think you need me here anymore so I'll be taking my leave." you looked at him in the eye with tearful eyes and turned around, closing the door.

As soon as the door closed, Baekhyun just realized what happened and rushed after you, only to be held by Jessica.

"Nuh-uh oppa. Remember?" Jessica held up his phone with her perfectly manicured nails that showed the text from his dad. For a second, he was in dillemma. He wasn't even sure if he liked Nana or not. Would he risk his life for her? He knew his father would seriously keep his word about kicking him out in the streets, where he would never survive.

Baekhyun had never had to go through this choice of choosing someone over himself (or rather, his life) because after all, growing up with all the wealth that he could possibly imagine always resulted in him. him. and only him.

so he gave up and snatched his phone from her hands and groaned as he retreated to his desk. He did save himself for now, but why did he feel so.. miserable? Why did he feel as if he made the most regrettable mistake in his life? His inner self told him that it was exactly what he did, but he pushed the thought away simply because Byun Baekhyun never made mistakes.


When you had left the room, you didn't know you were crying until your tears began staining your shirt. You hastily wiped your tears away.

"Han Nana, why are you crying? You don't deserve a jerk like him. Of course he would do that. Make you think he changed and then bam! He backstabs you. You're just a fool to have believed him."

Despite what you said, you couldn't help but continue to cry. Everything that you had went through had seemed like it was worth it if you could see Bacon again, and for a while, it really did seem like your warm and caring Bacon had come back. like the cold baekhyun was changing for the better.

but from what you just saw, you just felt worthless. like a fool. and for the millionth time, you asked yourself if this was all worth it.

After coming out of the building, you went to a nearby bench and pulled out your phone in hope of just talking to someone because I mean, it did help. You pressed on Hyuna's number and waited as it rang.

After some rings, you heard her bright voice. "Hello?"

"Unni?" you sniffed.

"Nana?! What happened?" she cried after hearing the sadness in your voice.

"I'm so glad you picked up." you smiled through your tears.

"Omo. Let me guess. It's Baekhyun, isn't it?" when you didn't reply, she sighed. "That troublesome dork. What did he do? Did he make fun of you? yell at you? I'm gonna barge in and make sure that the next time he sees you, he'll be on his knees!" you could imagine her holding her fist in the air and you almost laughed. almost.

"No... it's just. I really want to just give up and go home. It's really hard. I mean, I thought everything was worth it because it seemed as if Baekhyun started changing, but I guess I was just stupid to believe it." *and stupid to fall in love with him*

"Why do you say that?" *From what I've been seeing, I'd really say that he really changed. He's been smiling more these days, which is a big improvement because he'd always have arguments with his dad.*

"I thought he was changing back to the Baekhyun I knew: caring and warm from the really mean and- and-"

"idiotic little boy?" hyuna smiled.

"Yeahh. All I wished was for everything to go back to normal before I had come to Seoul, but I guess he found someone else for him, and now.. I just don't know anymore."

"Someone else?!" Hyuna choked and spat out the juice she had been drinking.

"Yeah.. I think Jessica was her name? The one with the blonde hair, fake face, annoying voice, and Mr. Byun's approval." you sighed at the last point.

"Ahh. Yes, that one. He introduced her to me, asking me to help Baekhyun see what a 'wonderful' wife she'll be, but hell. to the no. I am not giving my poor baby cousin to that witch with a capital 'B.'"

Hearing Hyuna, you felt better already.
"I feel better knowing that you're always on my side." you smiled into the phone.

"Excuse me? Did I say that? Girl, if you want to please me, you still have to--"

"To?" you smirked.

"to... to... alright! I approve of you." she facepalmed herself.

"I knew it. How can someone not like me?" you joked along, finally feeling light without any weight on your shoulders, when it hit you again. "Baekhyun probably doesn't like me." you muttered to yourself but Hyuna heard you and she frowned.

"Why don't you try talking to Baekhyun about it? It's probably just a misunderstanding. I know Baekhyun well, and he did change a lot these days, and trust me. I know. Take it from the one who had to babysit the baby even after junior high." she sighed, and you chuckled.

She always knew what to say and you were so thankful to know someone like her. "Thank you so much unni. I think I will." you smiled and you realized all your tears had dried.

"No problemo~ Hyuna is here to help anyone~ well, except for that Baekhyun. I've had enough of that boy." she scoffed and you snickered. "Make sure you always talk to me if something's up, aight? I'm just a call away!"

"Alright unni~ Thank you!"

"Sayonara!" Hyuna kissed the phone and hung up.

Feeling a whole lot better, you stood from the bench you had been sitting earlier, and you were determined to set things straight. You noticed that the streets were empty. "Hmm, it is lunch time on a Saturday afternoon." you shrugged.

You began walking towards the direction of the MultiBillion Company building.





 

 

 

when you suddenly felt a piece of cloth on your mouth.

 

--------

okay. don't kill me /hides/

yes, i know your pain. even i, the author, want to go to baekhyun and strangle him for his stupidness /facepalm/

but let's face reality. Baekhyun (in this story) grew up with all the wealth anyone could imagine. No matter how nice they may be, they lived in luxury and they don't want to face pain. I'm not bad mouthing all the rich people in the world, but I'm just saying that it's the truth. :P or maybe I'm just really young and blabbering nonsense but that's how I view it.

and that last part of the chappie? mehehe. you can kill me now. >:)