Time Goes By Quickly

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun's heart wrenched in worry as he ran towards the classroom. Different reasons for Luhan's tears popped into his head and each one was worse than the other. He stopped running when he reached the door and he looked inside. Luhan who was left alone to keep thinking about his sad life, had silent tears running down his cheek.

"L-Luhan..." he whispered as his heart squeezed even more when the doe-eyed boy looked up abruptly at his second intrusion for the day.

As soon as he saw Sehun he looked away and attempted to wipe away the tears inconspicuously. Sehun walked into the classroom and bent down in front of him, his knees planted on the ground as he stared at his hyung in awe. Luhan looked super cute when he was crying, not that Sehun would ever want to see him cry again. 

"What happened?" Sehun whispered gently.

"Nothing."

Sehun felt a pang when he realized that Luhan didn't trust him enough to share his troubles with him. He knew deep down that he didn't even deserve to be trusted by him.

"Luhan-"

"I'm going back to China."

Sehun froze, his eyes wide in shock and his mouth hanging open, but no words escaped him. He felt a harsh tug in his chest and breathing became harder. He didn't want Luhan to leave, he had grown attached to him in the past few weeks. 

"What?" he blurted like a complete idiot.

"At least I have family there," Luhan mumbled but Sehun caught his meaning, crystal clear.

Sehun had grown fond of Luhan in the three weeks that they hung out frequently. The others always did lame things such as playing video games all weekend, but Sehun and Luhan bonded as they toured Seoul together. They were never bored together and even the most boring thing on any normal day seemed really fun and important when they were together. He had grown fond of the older boy; Sehun just didn't know how to tell his hyungs that he enjoyed the company of the new student, especially after they had dubbed Luhan as their toy and made fun of him regularly. Sehun knew that it was his fault that Luhan was leaving, if he had made him feel a bit more welcome then this wouldn't be happening and he wouldn't be seeing dull looking eyes and tear streaks. 

Sehun looked again at Luhan, who was looking anywhere but at him. The truth was that Sehun loved Luhan for his personality, the side of him he was never able to show at school. Luhan was outgoing, playful, shy, quiet, loud, happy, optimistic, thoughtful, honest, modest and really cute all in the span of one minute. Sehun was never able to act upon his feelings because he feared that he would never be able to protect Luhan from his friends. He never wanted to put Luhan in a hard situation. 

"It was nice meeting you. Thanks for being my... f-friend." 

Sehun watched as fresh tears as they continued to roll down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter