Words that Sting

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Yejin!” Baekhyun yelled at his younger sister, she was too excited and running around frantically. “Come on baby. Let’s get you back to bed. We don’t want you to get hurt.”

He walks towards her and bends down to carry her, he sees the cute pout on her face and laughs. Her pout becomes more prominent, clearly she’s not happy that he is carrying her to bed. Today, they were finally going to remove the bandages that are around her eyes, and she is too excited to stay in one spot.

“But Oppa,” she whines, but still holds on to him and lays her head on his chest. “I don’t want to go to bed. I’m tired of staying in bed.” She reaches down and hits her legs with her tiny fists, copying what her mother used to do when she gave back from work tired.

Baekhyun smiles, he thinks that she’s the cutest little thing. He feels bad for not understanding her earlier, she had stayed in bed for so long and it resulted in restlessness. So, he asks gently, “How about we sit down together then?”

Her pout quickly turns into a grin and she nods eagerly. Baekhyun carries her over to his own seat and sits down before placing her on his lap in a really comfortable position. She sits quietly, leaning back to rest her head on his chest. Baekhyun wraps his arms around her and massages her legs gently.  

“Yejin was such a good girl all this time, right?” he asks Kyungsoo and winks at him.

He feels Yejin nod her head discreetly as Kyungsoo answers, “the best little girl.”

When they hear the cute giggles coming from her, they grin as well. “Oppa, I’m tired,” she says in a low voice.

“That’s because you ran around all day,” Baekhyun chastises, but pats her head gently nonetheless. 

“Mommy let me!” she tries to argue, “Mommy would tell me not to if it’s not good.”

Baekhyun needed to talk with his mother later; she was spoiling the little girl every time she came by. But he also understood his mother’s need to do so, they had to go through so much to finally be able to do this surgery, and his mom came directly from work to the hospital and vice-versa; she was probably exhausted.

Yejin quiets down and snuggles into him. Baekhyun is glad she is awake, so that he can avoid the conversation with Kyungsoo just a little longer. He does not want to talk about Chanyeol at all.

“Jongin said he’ll come by later.”

Baekhyun uses this opportunity to tease Kyungsoo, “Look at your glowing face once you think of Jongin.”

“That’s not true,” Kyungsoo blushes, and hits him lightly trying to avoid the topic, this only makes Baekhyun grin.

Baekhyun just smirks evilly and continues, “What? I’m just stating facts. How far did you guys go, huh?”

“Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo squeaks, “Stop it!” He quickly covers his face with his hand in embarrassment.

Just then the nurse knocks on the door in order to come in and Baekhyun leans towards Kyungsoo and whispers, “This is not over. We’re talking later.”

He relents once he sees the horrified look on Kyungsoo’s face; it was so much fun to that Baekhyun could not hold back any longer. He stands up to gently place Yejin on her hospital bed, who squeals in glee once the nurse begins to explain the process to her.

“Okay, Yejin. I’m going to need you to sit straight and close your eyes gently, okay?”

Yejin nods and sits up, balling her little fists up due to her eagerness. Baekhyun slides his hand into Yejin’s to help her calm down.

Kyungsoo quickly closes the blinds, just as the nurse has instructed. It takes a few minutes to remove the bandages, and he sees that his younger sister has her eyes closed but a big smile on her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter