One Step Forward

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It takes Baekhyun a week before he gives in and he asks Kyungsoo to set him up with one of his friends. Chanyeol had completely ignored him, not even glancing at him when he walked in late or left early. He always teased Jongin for sleeping in class, but he ignored Baekhyun when he put his head on the table.

“Baekhyun, ready for the big night?” Jongin teases but Baekhyun just grunts. He’s actually not, this would be the first time he would go on a date with someone of the same gender. There is an uncomfortable feeling churning in his guts, leaving him feeling uneasy.

“Don’t make him nervous,” Kyungsoo chastises, glaring at his boyfriend. He then turns towards Baekhyun and his expression changes. “It won’t be anything big. Jonghyun hyung’s a really nice person.”

“I know Jonghyun hyung!” Junmyeon says, “we used to be neighbours. He’s a very caring person.”

When the crew had found out about Baekhyun finally going out with someone they all cheered him on. Of course, Sehun was really relieved, still believing that Baekhyun had a problem with him. It was nice knowing that his friends would still love him and support him no matter what. Yixing and Junmyeon were still lamenting, being the only straight boys now.

All Baekhyun could think of on his way home was the date. In a way he knows that he has to do it to move on, but he still feels like he is lying and betraying himself. However, he cannot deny the fact that he is anxious and excited. Baekhyun is very jittery when the time comes closer, and he had tried on at least five different outfits before finally choosing one. He decides on dark navy skinny jeans, that he knows accentuates his behind, and an off-white button down. However, when he looks at the time he realizes he was right on time to catch the bus. He reaches his destination in fifteen minutes, and he waits outside the movie theater, hoping that Jonghyun will arrive soon. He is very impatient when it comes to waiting for someone.

“Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun turns around, to face the owner of the voice, it’s a young man, with a gorgeous smile.

Baekhyun smiles tentatively, “Hi.”

“I’m sorry I kept you waiting, there was more traffic than I anticipated,” Jonghyun says, stepping a little closer. He holds himself with confidence, something Baekhyun really like and appreciates.

“It’s okay, I actually just got here,” Baekhyun says, making Jonghyun beam at him.

“Perfect, let’s go watch the movie then.”

Jonghyun insists that he pays for the movie tickets and the popcorn, even though Baekhyun tries to argue. They pick a romantic-comedy, figuring that it would be the safest pick. The movie is actually funny and entertaining, and Baekhyun almost forgets he’s on a date, until Jonghyun links their hands together.

He jumps at the touch, and when he turns around, Jonghyun is smiling at him. Baekhyun smiles back, and he sits further into his seat, when he realizes that he compares Jonghyun’s hands to Chanyeol’s bigger ones.

When the movie ends, they sit at a table at the theater. Laughing about certain scenes and talking comfortably. Jonghyun is really as amazing as his friends had described, and Baekhyun recognizes just how handsome he truly is.  After an hour, Jonghyun hints at going out for dinner, but Baekhyun uses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter