Mission Accomplished

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Chanyeol doesn’t show up again on Tuesday, Baekhyun leaves right after attendance is taken. He ignores his friends as he grabs his bag and runs out of class. The last thing he hears is his teacher’s loud sigh. He walks around aimlessly, not knowing where he could even begin to look. Chanyeol isn’t anywhere near the school or at the coffee shops he frequents regularly.

Baekhyun racks his brain for any place, he suddenly remembers about Chanyeol’s friend, Minseok. Chanyeol had told him that his friend teaches as well, and was waiting for a teaching position at his school. Baekhyun runs back to school, not stopping even though he was getting side cramps.

“Baekhyn! Where did you go?” Yixing asks as soon as he lays eyes on him. He’s sitting outside, smoking with Jongin, skipping class as usual.

“I need help,” Baekhyun ignores his question. He explains the situation quickly, without giving them too much detail.

Jongin gapes at him, “you want us to hack into the school system to get some random dude’s number?”

“Please Jongin! It’s my last option,” he begs, his voice taking a whiny lilt.

Jongin and Yixing look at each other with frenzied gazes, clearly not knowing what to do. “Okay, fine but we do it another way.” Lay says before he side eyes Jongin.

“No,” Jongin articulates, knowing exactly what Yixing was going to say.

“What?” Baekhyun inquires, not liking where this was going either.

“The new secretary has been eyeing Jongin for a while now; he can keep her busy while I use her computer to look up the number.”

“Kyungsoo won’t like this,” Jongin says seething.

“I’ll talk to Kyungsoo I promise. He’ll understand!” Baekhyun tries to convince him to do it, even though deep down he knows that Kyungsoo will hate him for a while.

Jongin contemplates then sighs, “Fine, but you have five minutes max. I’m not spending more time than that.”

“Deal,” Yixing says.

Baekhyun wants to throw his arms around his friends and kiss them, but they would probably kill him before he could even reach them. They walk towards the secretary’s office, Yixing and Baekhyun remaining outside away from prying eyes while Jongin strolls in. He had ed his top two buttons and rolled up his sleeves to reveal strong tanned arms.

They watch as Jongin leans down and Yura stares at the expanse of his skin. Jongin says something and Yura gulps, dragging her eyes away from his chest. It takes him one more minute before she stands up and walks away from her desk. Jongin turns around and looks at them grumpily; he raises his hand, showing four fingers at them. Baekhyun growls, he had promised five minutes, but he understands when he looks back at Yura and sees the hungry look in her eyes. Kyungsoo was definitely going to kick his for forcing Jongin to do this.

“Why does it always have to be Jongin? He doesn’t even swing that way!” Yixing grumbles unhappily, his eyes not leaving Yura’s back.  

“Shut up and find me the number,” Baekhyun insists, and pushes him towards the desk. “I’ll keep an eye out in case anyone comes this way.”

Baekhyun stays alert; looking down both hallways to make sure no one will catch them. He hears Yixing clicking and typing things swiftly. His heart is beating rapidly in fear of getting caught, and he sweats nervously. They skipped class, and smoked regularly but they never did something like this before. Baekhyun is very thankful to his friends for going this far without even knowing the real reason behind it.

“Yixing! Mrs. Moon is coming,” Baekhyun shrieks and Yixing types faster.

“Baekhyun, I just need like 30 seconds.”

Baekhyun walks away from the office, towards Mrs. Moon, and just as he’s about to reach her, he acts like he tripped and lies sprawled across the hallway. She walks briskly towards him to assist him up. Baekhyun just groans loudly, an amazing performance that he is in pain.

“Baekhyun, where are you hurt?” she asks and he just grunts.

“It’s okay, Mrs. Moon. We’ll take him to the infirmary.” Baekhyun stops groaning at the sound of Jongin’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter