Despairing Boy

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Baekhyun, I don’t get why you’re going to skip the whole period, just come in late as usual,” Suho complained, and tried to convince his younger friend.

Baekhyun shrugged, he couldn’t tell them that he was avoiding the teacher; they’d all definitely find that weird and ask him a lot of questions.

“You’ve been acting weird lately,” Kyungsoo pointed out and looked around, receiving nods from a few other people.

“No, I haven’t,” Baekhyun stood up, “Let’s go to class.” He walked ahead of everyone else and made it to class on time. This was the first time he was on time, and now he had to spend more than an hour in front of Chanyeol instead of the half hour he usually settled with.

“Oh, Baekhyun, are you feeling unwell?”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at his teacher, “uuhh, no. I’m fine.”

“I thought something was up, since you were here early. But I’m glad you’re okay,” Chanyeol said and grinned widely. Baekhyun wasn’t sure if his teacher was making fun of him or if he was sincere. He grumpily made his way towards his seat and sat down, crossing his arms over his chest.  The rest of the boys made it to class then, and filed in noisily.

“Before we start, I want to introduce the new student. He’s an exchange student from China, I hope you’d all welcome him warmly,” Chanyeol smiled and went outside of the classroom to see if there was a lost boy walking around. He came back a few minutes later. “There he is. Please introduce yourself.”

Everyone started to murmur; the new boy was extremely cute and looked so shy. “Luhan-imnida,” he stuttered and looked at the ground. The girls squeaked at his cute accent.

“Is there an empty seat here?” Chanyeol wondered out loud and looked around the classroom.

“He can sit here!” two girls raised their hands and pointed at the small empty space between them. Chanyeol laughed and shook his head at their antics.

On the other hand, the boys at the back were putting their bags on the empty chair near them, and even putting their feet there. They didn’t want a stranger to be in between them, he’d probably tell the teachers everything.

“There’s one next to Sehun,” Chanyeol said and pointed at the chair with overflowing bags. Luhan looked unsure and worried; they clearly didn’t want him near them.  

“Sehun, you have five seconds to remove the bags or-“

“or what?” Sehun interjected bravely.

“You can hand in a five page essay for tomorrow about the defects of dust on products, that’s a pretty interesting topic isn’t it?”

In four seconds everyone’s bags were shoved onto the ground and all the boys grunted at their discarded belongings. Sehun just looked at them sheepishly and smiled. Luhan who was watching everything intently laughed at the boys who were sitting at the back, especially Sehun.

Baekhyun watched as Luhan slowly made his way to the seat and smiled at the boys before quickly sitting down and not taking his eyes off of his table.

“Welcome to your new nightmare,” Baekhyun leaned over and whispered into his ear. Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter