Morning Ritual

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol is bothered and restless. He’s been like that since the night before. All he could think about on his way back home was Baekhyun. He maneuvers away from the thought of the words that spewed out of Baekhyun’s mouth. He remembers how gentle Baekhyun was, his intent on studying. He remembers the way Baekhyun ran to his sister, speaking to her gently and feeding her with a fond look on his face. He knows that Baekhyun has too much pressure on his shoulders. A boy his age should not be going through so much; he realizes how mature he really is compared to others. Thoughts of the boy don’t seem to be able to leave him alone and he sighs; his mind needed a break.

Chanyeol turns around on his bed and stares at Kris’ face. He wants to reach forward and touch him, to feel his warm skin, but he doesn’t. Kris has a beautiful face, one that would catch anyone’s attention and a beautiful personality as well, it made Chanyeol feel lucky to have him by his side. He keeps looking, wondering what is happening with the latter. 

Chanyeol moves a little making Kris stir then, and his eyelashes flutter open as he stares at Chanyeol.

“Good morning, baby.”

“Good morning,” Chanyeol replies easily, “What time did you get back last night?”

Kris turns onto his back, stretching and yawning, “late… early morning.” Chanyeol doesn’t reply, he doesn’t know what to say at that point. Does he have the right to chide Kris in coming home late, or does he have to be understanding because it was due to his job.

Kris looks back at Chanyeol, realizing that the latter was silent. “I thought about you all night,” he leans forward after he says that and plants a kiss on Chanyeol’s lips.

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, teasingly, quickly getting back to his natural state. "What exactly?"

Kris smirks then, and lowers his voice, “you can find that out when I get back today.”

That simple statement, which was meant to be completely ual, gives Chanyeol hope. All he registers is that Kris will come back early which means that the could spend more time together.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asks, noting another silent answer. Chanyeol is taken out of his reverie.

“I just miss you,” he answers truthfully, the words wiping the smile off of Kris’ face and his eyebrows furrow as he looks guilty.

“I’m so sorry, Chanyeol. I’ve just been so busy lately. I’ll make it up to you tonight, okay?” he looks at Chanyeol, his eyes boring into him.

Chanyeol genuinely smiles then and nods eagerly. He leans down and kisses Kris then, slowly molding t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter