Conflicted Mindsets

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun stands in shock at what he has just seen. He knew that one day he would have to see Chanyeol and his boyfriend, it was inevitable. But it didn’t mean that he was prepared to see it yet. It hurt him more than he even conceived and he ponders why he is already so attached to the teacher. He stands there even after the car is long gone, trying to force himself to get some control over his emotions. At that point, Chanyeol is looking back at him too, with a look of complete terror.  He realizes that the teacher is probably horrified to be seen like that. Baekhyun schools his facial expression and plasters on a smile, despite his aching heart and prickling tears. He swallows around the big lump lodged in his throat.

“Hyung!” Baekhyun exclaims, and wills himself to smile. Chanyeol is quiet for a while longer just looking at him, but then he takes a step forward.

“Morning, Baekhyun.” Baekhyun identifies that the smile on his face is not real. It’s painful to look at.

Baekhyun wishes to say more, he wants to ask him about Kris. Baekhyun desires that Chanyeol be more relaxed around him, not to look like he just saw a ghost. He’s about to tell him not to feel burdened, however, the school bell rings and Chanyeol mutters something incoherent and walks away briskly.

“Baekhyun!” He turns around to find Kyungsoo running towards him with a big smile on his face. “Come on, everyone is waiting for you!”

The boys are rowdy, and bombard him with a million questions, promising to visit his younger sister soon.

Baekhyun eyes the two couples, Jongin and Kyungsoo look like they usually do, but they stand just a little closer, with lingering looks and touches. Sehun and Luhan are always in their own little world, smiling, whispering and giggling.

“It’s a good thing we’re straight,” Yixing states and looks towards Joonmyun, who grins back mischievously.

“Yeah, otherwise others would think that our group is some gay club or something.”

Baekhyun doesn’t argue or bring up his own uality, and he sees the look and gentle smile Kyungsoo gives him. He has finally come to accept it and it seems like his friends had already known, but it does not bother him.

“You guys need to shut up, your comments become worse and worse as the days go on,” Jongin chides but Yizing and Junmyeon just laugh and high five each other.

---

The whole day passes by slowly; it’s ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter