Burst Bubble

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was proud of himself. He set his alarm clock early to wake up, take a shower, have breakfast and get to school on time. He was one of the first students in class. They were all eyeing him weirdly, so he pushed back his chair and put one foot on top of the other on his desk. Even if he was early, he could sit in class fashionably and showing how much he doesn’t care.

His friends were bombarding his cell phone, but he opted with ignoring them instead of telling them that he was already in class. He could deal with his classmates but not the idiots he was friends with.

Soon enough, the seats got filled except the few that were usually empty for at least 20 minutes into class; his should’ve been too.

His heart beat accelerated when Chanyeol came in; he almost removed his legs from the desk and sat up straight, but held himself back at the last minute. Baekhyun didn’t want to be that obvious. Seeing that he came in on time would probably make Chanyeol happy – Baekhyun couldn’t forget Chanyeol’s face when he said thanks to him the other night – and it would give him more time to stare at his beautiful face; it was definitely a win-win situation.

Baekhyun felt like a different person; a better man. He studied willingly, he went to work feeling better, and he even lived because he felt like there was a reason; a tall 185 cm, big mouthed and always grinning reason.

Now that he accepted his uality, he felt like there was a huge burden lifted off his shoulders. Maybe he wasn’t ready to tell his friends yet, but he could finally look in the mirror without judging himself.

His friends soon sauntered in. Junmyeon and Yixing chatting about the new video game they’ve been playing, Sehun and Luhan lost in their own world, Jongin came in after them with a gloomy look on his face, and Kyungsoo looked crestfallen. This was the first time Baekhyun saw his friend looking so weak and sad. He raised an eyebrow, when he saw Kyungsoo lock eyes with Chanyeol and the teacher mouthed “fighting” with a fist pump.

Baekhyun gaped at his friend as they all passed by and took a seat. He made a reminder in his head to speak to Kyungsoo later; he also wanted a “fighting” with a fist pump from Chanyeol. No, wait, no one else was allowed to get one other than him. Suddenly his bubble burst, and Baekhyun could not focus for the rest of class; not like he could in the first place, with the love of his life prancing around and speaking with his oh-so-beautiful voice.

When the class wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter