Shameless Night

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The words feel like ice water has been thrown on Chanyeol. He feels a shiver run through his body and he forces himself not to fist his hands. Jonghyun just smiles in a very respectful and nice manner, and for some reason this just annoys Chanyeol even further. He bows back and forces a smile, “I’m Chanyeol.”

Jonghyun then smiles at everyone else amicably before looking at Baekhyun. “Happy early birthday,” he says before stepping forward and engulfing him in a hug. Baekhyun hugs him back and whispers thank you for coming hyung.

Chanyeol wants to scream, hearing Baekhyun calling someone else hyung makes him want to cover Baekhyun’s mouth. He wants to take that word out of his vocabulary unless it is directed towards him. All these feelings and ideas are so foreign that they makes Chanyeol feel really unsettled.

He forces himself to remember that he has a boyfriend, who works really hard every single day. Who is now in a business meeting and he has no idea that Chanyeol is standing in front of a club with boys who are at least four to five years younger than him, and two minors with fake IDs.

He suddenly feels like going home, but it is too late, it is their turn to enter the club, and Chanyeol wishes he could turn back time so that he could thank Baekhyun for inviting him but politely decline. He feels like the worst human being at the moment. He tries not to look at Baekhyun and Jonghyun, but it’s like a disaster, and you know you should not be looking but you can’t stop.

The last thing he hears before entering the club is Jonghyun leaning over and whispering into Baekhyun’s ear. “I’ll give you your gift later tonight.” He wonders what kind of gift Jonghyun would get Baekhyun. He realizes that he hasn’t bought him anything either, it hadn’t even crossed his mind. He looks at Baekhyun, who smiles at him sheepishly. All of a sudden, Chanyeol realizes that Baekhyun might actually be dating Jonghyun.

When they get in, Chanyeol feels like he is going to go deaf. The music is really loud, and it is darker inside than he had expected. The last time he went clubbing was years ago, when Kris was still into clubbing and doing all these bad things. Even at that time, it wasn’t Chanyeol’s setting. He prefers places where you can carry on conversations, or actually feel the other person’s presence. There is an excessive amount of people here, and no space to move around freely.

The boys all scatter and Chanyeol feels lost, until he feels a hand on his once again. He looks down and Baekhyun is looking at him gently. He tugs on his hand, and Chanyeol leans down to allow Baekhyun to whisper in his ear.

“We can still leave if you want to.”

Chanyeol shakes his head, and then realizes that Baekhyun probably didn’t catch the movement. He leans down and whispers, “It’s your birthday. Let’s just have some fun!”

“Baekhyun, let’s dance!” Jonghyun yells over the music so that they can hear him, and Chanyeol looks away from Baekhyun’s inquiring eyes. Baekhyun lets go of his hand when he starts to walk away, and Chanyeol’s hand suddenly feels really cold. He berates himself mentally for missing Baekhyun’s warmth instantly.

He really needs a drink or two at the moment. He tells himself that it does not matter that Baekhyun is on the dance floor probably grinding onto Jonghyun. It should not matter. It is his student, with his maybe-boyfriend, and Chanyeol has nothing to do with that.

He was able to keep his eyes off the dance floor, knowing that it wouldn’t do him any good. However, an hour and three drinks later, Chanyeol lets his eyes rake over the crowd looking for the younger boy. He finds him quickly, as if his mind has a radar for him, and just as he had expected, Baekhyun is physically close to Jonghyun. The crowd is packed and there is no space. His heart lurches when Baekhyun wraps his arms around Jonghyun. Jonghyun leans down to nuzzle into Baekhyun’s neck, making Chanyeol turn around quickly to ask for another drink.

“Hyung! I didn’t know you were a drinker!”

Chanyeol turns around an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter