Stay With Me

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Baekhyun wakes up the next morning, he almost forgets the night before. Everything seems like it usually would, but he feels so much warmer and a little claustrophobic. The memories of the night before comes crashing when he opens his eyes and barely an inch away from him is Chanyeol. Baekhyun feels giddy, not believing that this is remotely real, but sadness courses through him when he remembers why this is happening to begin with.

Chanyeol is taller than him, and broader but he looks so small wrapped in Baekhyun’s arms, sleeping peacefully. His eyes are puffy and red, but other than that there’s no evidence of the inner turmoil the latter must be going through. Baekhyun wants to remain like this forever, he wants to trace his face with a finger, and retain this image in his retinas. But he knows that he needs to get out of bed; he still has to make breakfast for his mother and sister, and he needs to let them know that they have a guest.

He pulls away, chuckling quietly when Chanyeol subconsciously tries to follow his warmth, and pads softly out of the room. Everyone is still asleep, but he knows that they will be up soon. Pestering him to make breakfast faster and laughing at his cooking techniques.

He’s putting the final plate on the table, when his sister comes running in.

“Good morning oppa!” she says and hugs him tightly. Baekhyun bends down to hug her.

“Morning! Go wash your hands then we can eat. Okay?” She obliges, skipping into the washroom to do as he says.

Baekhyun feels like there are butterflies in his stomach, he really shouldn’t be feeling anything, but the man he likes slept in his room last night in his clothes, and will soon wake up to eat the breakfast he made. He blushes uncontrollably, when his mind wanders off to other scenarios that could have happened.

“You even made pancakes today,” his mother says with a kind smile on her face, “this something happen?”

Baekhyun whines, “Umma, I always make breakfast.”

“Yes, but not pancakes,” she teases.

Baekhyun flushes, and wrings his hands together awkwardly. “Uhm, we have a guest,” he starts, “he asked to stay last night.”

“Oh okay. Is it Jongin again,” his mother asks, while shuffling around the kitchen, adding plates and forks to the table.

“No… It’s my… Mr. Park. My teacher, do you remember him?”

“Of course I do, Baekhyun. How could I ever forget, he took care of both you and Yejin during her stay at the hospital.” She pauses and looks at Baekhyun, “Is everything okay?”

Baekhyun smiles with great effort and sighs, the worry he feels surging through him, “It’s a bit difficult for him right now.”

His mother nods understandingly and says, “He can stay as long as he needs to. It’s the least we can do.” They stop talking when Yejin comes back to the kitchen and Baekhyun threads carefully towards his room. He opens the door slowly, and sticks his head in. To his surprise Chanyeol is still sleeping, he walks in quietly and crouches near his head.

“Chanyeol hyung,” he says, “Wake up.”

The other remains immobile, breathing steadily. Baekhyun reaches forward and pushes at his shoulder gently, wanting to wake him up but not knowing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter