I Like You

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo is starting to become impatient, he wants to speak with Jongin but he doesn’t know how to get his thoughts across right.

Jongin’s mood stayed dulled and he doesn’t speak with Sehun unless he had to. The others ignore it, assuming that the boys could fix their own problem. However, it had been weeks and Sehun had made many attempts which were refuted by Jongin.

He wants to speak with Chanyeol before he asks Jongin to meet him outside but the teacher seems to be slightly sad and inhibited. Kyungsoo can’t even ask Baekhyun, who was the only other person he had spoken openly about Jongin. Even though the others clearly knew but again, averted their eyes. It was easier to do that in their big group of friends, it kept things clean and made less problems. Once too many people got involved, people were going to have to take sides and no one was going to like that.

He internally debates whether to speak with Suho about it but he figures that there is no point and leans towards his seatmate, “Jongin, meet me outside for a few minutes?”

Jongin turns around and looked at him in shock before nodding quietly.

The rest are too into their own conversations to pay too much attention to the two who quietly left class for lunch.

“Whatsup?” Jongin asks nonchalantly and Kyungsoo almost wants to say nothing and run back in.

He mumbles and stutters a few words that Jongin can’t decipher. The younger boy bends down lower to ear better and asks, “what?”

“I like you!” Kyungsoo blurts and then slaps his mouth. Jongin is frozen in his spot and he doesn’t say anything.

“I mean, I know you like Sehun and that’s okay! I just wanted to let you know because you seemed sad and well I like you. And I think a lot of other people do so don’t worry too much?” He starts to blabber on out of nervousness, but he can’t lie. It really hurts; the fact that Jongin stayed quiet was even worse than a full rejection. He needed to avert his mind before it could all settle in and he would want to just crawl into a corner and cry.

Kyungsoo stops talking to take a deep breath and calm himself but Jongin’s eyebrows are now furrowed. It prompts Kyungsoo to keep talking since it was his defense mechanism. “I understand why you like Sehun though. He’s so nice, and handsome, and he cares about others, and seeing the way he treats Luhan, I would want him as a boyf-“ Kyungsoo gets cut off by plump lips.

Jongin had leaned down so fast and kissed him and Kyungsoo yelps and jumps back in shock. When he realizes what just occurs he slaps Jongin. “How dare you take advantage of me just because I like you?” He doesn’t want to be anybody’s rebound.

He is so close to bursting out in tears when Jongin takes a step forward and says “I like you!”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen even more and it takes him time to understand. “You like me?” he asks in a weak voice and Jongin nods. “Not Sehun?” he questions further, and Jongin gives him a sheepish smile and shakes his head.

“No, not Sehun. I like you and I’ve always have. I was only angry at Sehun because he knew, and I always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter