Proud of the Newbie

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the second week since the new teacher began at the high school and Baekhyun just felt worse and worse every day. His attempts to avoid the grinning tower seemed to become impossible as the days went on. At first, his plan was working; Chanyeol seemed to be completely exhausted of him and his little friends. After a week, Chanyeol came back with the biggest grin on his face and just laughed when his friends turned into little devils and made fun of him.

The worst part was when his friends were all wondering why he was so against the new teacher, who slowly turned into his friends’ favourite. He couldn’t tell them the truth, if he did, they’d all never leave him alone and taunt him for life.

“All the girls are in love with the new teacher, supposedly some guys joined the bandwagon as well,” Kyungsoo stated, matter-of-factly. Baekhyun acted like he didn’t hear the comment, which left an unsettling feeling in him. 

“Mr. Park is so awesome. I swear we should’ve had a teacher like him a long time ago, instead of the grumpy old men and women we usually get,” Suho stated in his leader manner one day, bringing Baekhyun back from his daydreaming about a certain someone.

“Hyung, you like everyone,” Sehun interjected, earning a high-five from Jongin.

“I think it’s time we stop, he’s survived his first two weeks,” Suho continued, ignoring the youngest two who were still snickering at the back.

‘No!” Baekhyun shot and stood up abruptly. His plan would get ruined, and this would only make Chanyeol closer to everyone. He needed him as far away as possible. Everyone raised questioning eyebrows at Baekhyun, whose cheeks were starting to taint pink. “It’s too early to stop, he’ll think he can start ordering us around. I say we keep this up for at least a month.” Baekhyun was hoping that a month would turn the new teacher into a little wimp who would leave as soon as he could.

Everyone was quiet for a while, thinking about what Baekhyun said. “Maybe he’s right, if we stop now we might lose all our hard work for the past two weeks,” Yixing added, quickly looking around and making sure he got everyone’s consent.

Baekhyun smiled widely, his friends were the best! Even though they had no idea they were helping Baekhyun during his hardest times.

“Lunch is over should we head back now?” Kyungsoo asked, unlike the rest he enjoyed learning and actually paid attention. His memory was great and he never needed to actually take notes. He was just unable to afford a better high school. Him and Jongin were inseparable and even though Jongin  could’ve easily gone to a better high school, they dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter