Unshed Tears

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun articulates in shock, reaching forward to wrap his hand around the older man’s wrist. Chanyeol turns around, grief evident on his face, and his eyes shining with unshed tears. He shakes his head sadly, removing his wrist from Baekhyun’s, and he walks away.

Chanyeol walks home, his mind unclear, and he stumbles into his apartment an hour later. He looks around, as his heart thuds loudly in the quiet apartment. Kris’ suitcase is not by the door, his boyfriend did not come home before going back out.

Chanyeol walks lifelessly towards the living room, collapsing into the couch as he continues to stare blankly. He wonders if this is all his fault, maybe he didn’t show enough love to Kris, he was probably a burden on the other man. Kris had to take care of him for years while he studied, not to forget that Chanyeol had no one else to turn to after he left his parents’ home. Chanyeol shouldn’t have expected more, he shouldn’t have trusted Kris again.

He remains in his seat when he hears the door open; Kris shuffles in quietly, making sure not to make any noise.

“Oh,” Kris exclaims in shock when he sees him, “you scared me.”

Chanyeol stands up, marching up to Kris, anger running through his veins. “Where were you tonight?” he demands while looking straight into his eyes, but his hands are shaking.

“I…was at the meeting,” Kris answers, confusion evident on his face. “Did you not get my message?” He reaches forward, grasping Chanyeol by the shoulder to pull him into a hug.

Chanyeol closes his eyes, hitting Kris’ hand away, a tear escapes and trickles down his face slowly, “you liar. YOU ING LIAR!”

Kris jumps up at the sudden outburst and he stares at his boyfriend with wide, shocked eyes.

“Bab – ”

“Don’t you dare call me baby. You disgusting cheater!” He steps back, making more distance between him and Kris. His heart is shattered, broken into a million pieces. Kris probably enjoyed messing with him, he probably got a high by watching Chanyeol’s eyes full of love for him while he toyed with his heart. He was probably content with the current gaping hole in Chanyeol’s chest; the one that hurt so much it felt like he was dying a slow death.

“C-Chanyeol, plea – ”

“No. No. I saw you. I went clubbing with Baekhyun and you were, you… a-a girl, a-and,” a sob escapes Chanyeol’s lips; he couldn’t say it with his own mouth, what he saw Kris do earlier.

“You went clubbing with Baekhyun?” Kris enquires in shock, an accusing lilt to his voice.

Chanyeol takes a step back, shaking his head, “are you seriously questioning me right now?” This was completely unbelievable, just complete and utter bull. He couldn’t take another look at his boyfriend, at his ex-boyfriend.

“I can’t stay here, I don’t want to.” Chanyeol glares at him, hoping the disgust he felt was obvious. The look on Kris’ face told Chanyeol that Kris understood; this was over.

Chanyeol turns around to leave and never look back when Kris holds onto his wrist and turns him around. “Chanyeol, I beg you. Listen to me.” Kris looks at him with pleading eyes, his eyes are moist and Chanyeol didn’t know what to think of this.

Chanyeol takes a deep breath and asks, “did you or did you not sleep with her?” He needs to make himself ready for the worst. It is important that he knows exactly how far Kris had gone.

“N-not h-her,” Kris stutters. “But, I love you!”

Chanyeol whimpers, and he couldn’t hold back another sob as he attempted to control himself. There was more than one, Kris had, was… He tears his wrist out of Kris’ grasp, and without another look back, he leaves.

He hears a thud that signifies that Kris has fallen to the ground, and the following cries only make him cry harder.

He has nowhere to go he realizes soon after, it was already one in the morning; Chanyeol pulls out his phone and calls the only person he can think of. The phone rings, but Minseok never picks up. Not knowing what to do, Chanyeol just keeps walking, trying to put as much dista

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter