First Encounter

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Nice of you to finally join us, Baekhyun," Mr. Kim said to Baekhyun as soon as he stepped into the classroom. Mr. Kim gave Baekhyun a look to signify how unpleased he was about his usual tardiness; his look was blatantly ignored. 

"How can I miss such an important class, right, Mr. Kim? Your pointless rambling will clearly take me somewhere in life," he shot sarcastically, and made his way leisurely to his seat. His friends who were messing around at the back of the classroom laughed out loud at his not-so-subtle insult and gave him high-fives when he joined them. 

"You came," Sehun stated the obvious and gave Baekhyun a knowing smile. "Yep, I was finished my cigarette and I didn't have any of you clowns to mess around with."

Baekhyun sat comfortably on his chair, and put his feet on the desk. Mr. Kim ignored the rowdy boys at the back and finished explaining the current equation they were all working on. It was usually like this; they would all sit at the back and have fun while everyone else in class acted like they were listening. No one was going anywhere in life, that's what Baekhyun had concluded.

Their high school was known to be one of the worst, not only for its marks, but for its students as well. Only the ones who weren't able to make it to better high schools ended up there. Even the teachers just came, did their job, and left without giving them a second glance. A job is a job. What better reason is there to ignore teachers, other than the fact that the teachers themselves did not give a about them? It was easy for Baekhyun to act the way that he currently was. 

When Baekhyun finished the game on his cellphone and looked back up, Mr. Park was teaching English. He hadn’t even been paying attention to his surroundings, while he attempted to beat the level he always got stuck on.

“Failed again,” Jongin said, Baekhyun realized that it was more of a statement than a question and he fought the frown that was going to be etched onto his face soon.

Of course, Jongin would be the one to realize that he had failed, yet again, Jongin was known for his need to win at everything that he did. 

“I could tell from your facial expression,” Jongin smugly added and shot Baekhyun his famous wink, “If you come over tonight, I’ll teach you how to play.”

“Keep your in your pants, Jongin,” Baekhyun sighed, clearly understanding the double entendre. “Nice try though.” He shot Jongin a wink back and Jongin grinned knowingly.

“I’ll never give up,” Jongin whispered and went back to joking around with the rest of the boys when Kyungsoo pulled him back.

“Baekhyun, why don’t you ever pay attention in class?”

Baekhyun looked back up, hearing his name being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter