Despair and Loneliness

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol has gone back to his usual relationship. He saw his boyfriend drop him off again a few more times. This time his heart throbs more in his chest but he ignores it. Especially, because he can see the way Kris looks at Chanyeol, like he never wants to lose him.

The third time he sees them, Baekhyun walks towards his favourite bench before class and pulls out a cigarette. It was a habit he was slowly starting to get rid of, but with all the stress and hurt feelings, he reverts back to his old ways.

His phone vibrates in his pocket, and he pulls it out, seeing a text message from Kyungsoo. Of course, his friend had been keeping a closer look at him, always texting him and asking him questions. Baekhyun knows that Kyungsoo means well, but he does not want to talk to anybody. He puts the phone away, focusing on the cigarette instead.

By the time he makes it to class, Mr. Park is halfway through his lecture on the benefits of bonds and shares. Baekhyun pays him no attention, as he shuffles towards his seat. The class only pays attention to Chanyeol, not bothering to pay Baekhyun any heed. He thinks that Chanyeol will just ignore, as usual, him but as soon as he takes a seat he says, “Byun Baekhyun, detention after class.”

Baekhyun scoffs aloud, realizing that the whole class is now paying attention to him. “I’ve got better things to do, thanks but no thanks.”

Yixing leans towards him, and mutters a low “yah!”

Kyungsoo looks at him with wide, worried eyes that portray all his thoughts clearly.

“It’s not an option,” Chanyeol says in a hostile manner. The class erupts in low murmurs, shocked by Chanyeol’s sudden distant actions.

Chanyeol just tells them to get back to the lesson, and everyone is quiet again. Baekhyun stays in his seat seething, three weeks of Chanyeol completely ignoring him and now all of a sudden he wants to ascertain his power over him.

The school bell rings a few minutes after, and everyone shuffles out bidding their teacher goodbye. Baekhyun is about to stand up and walk out when Junmyeon stands next to him and says, “I think you should stay, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun looks at him in shock, not expecting his friend to say that to him. Junmyeon looks anxious, “he seems really angry. Maybe you should just listen to what he has to say today?”

Baekhyun is about to refute, telling him that he does not understand anything when Sehun stands beside him. “Yeah, I’m sure he just wants to help you. Mr. Park is very nice,” Sehun compliments, and grabs Luhan’s hand before walking out of class.

Of course, Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything, just tells him to text him later, all of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter