Heartbreak

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun holds Chanyeol until he falls asleep, exhaustion finally pulling him in. He is completely bewildered at the fact that Chanyeol had suddenly burst into tears, and whimpered through wrecking sobs. He looks down at his hyung’s face, and sees the tear tracks that are evident on his cheeks. At least while he is asleep Chanyeol looks calm, as if the last hour did not even occur. Baekhyun doesn’t want to let him go even while he’s sound asleep, so he tightens his arms around him, and leans his head down and tries to sleep even though he knows he’ll get a crick in his neck by morning.  

However, it is not that easy, it’s nearing 3 in the morning and he’s still wide awake. His mind is a blur, especially with how warm and close Chanyeol is. He didn’t dare ask him why he was crying, it did not seem like something Chanyeol wanted to talk about. He half expected him to pull away and leave if Baekhyun uttered a single word. Even though he really wants to know, he decides to wait until Chanyeol wanted to tell him. The least he could do is stay by his side and support him, even if it’s just to repay him for his kindness. His heart thuds faster when Chanyeol leans closer and nuzzles his neck. Baekhyun sighs, loving someone he is not allowed to really hurts, because as much as his heart thumps no one would hear it.

When Baekhyun wakes up the next morning, the first thing he does is stretch his neck, it is completely sore and painful. He sits up straight when he hears giggling and remembers the night before.  His eyes settle down across the room, where his sister’s bed is and he sees Chanyeol playing with her.

“Shh Yejin, you need to be quieter, your Oppa’s still sleeping,” Chanyeol whispers and looks up to glance at Baekhyun. Chanyeol’ eyes widen when he sees that he’s awake and he scratches his neck awkwardly.

“Morning,” Baekhyun says and winces at how rough his voice sounds. He feels heat rush into his cheeks and he averts his eyes.

“Oppa!” Yejin chirps as soon as she hears Baekhyun’s voice and realizes that he’s awake. “Chanyeol Oppa, came this morning and brought breakfast.”

Baekhyun’s eyes land on the breakfast situated on the table and smiles, “thanks hyung! I’m just gonna go wash up.”

He stands up abruptly, and sways slightly at the rush but then he steadies himself and scampers out.  The thoughts currently running through his head will only cause him more pain, but he cannot stop thinking about a future where he wakes up to Chanyeol’s face first thing in the morning.  These are the kind of thoughts that will eventually be the reason of his destruction.

When he gets back to the room, Yejin has earphones plugged into her ear, listening to music the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter