School Day

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been over a month since the incident but Chanyeol has a scar in his heart he’s unable to heal. It’s a scab, but Chanyeol finds himself scratching it every time he vividly imagines all the hickeys and Kris’ shocked expression.

The alarm clock had rung loudly that morning, waking Chanyeol up from a nightmare. He was thankful but he has no intention to get out of bed. Suddenly, everything seems so much harder.

He hugs his pillow harder, and stuffs his face into it; maybe the lack of oxygen would get his mind active again.

“Good morning, baby,” Kris says, walking out of the shower. “You’re going to be late.”

“Morning,” he mumbles, the word muffled by the pillow. Chanyeol feels the bed dip and a weight settle on top of him before the smell of Kris’ aftershave attacks his nostrils.

“I wish I could stay in bed with you,” Kris says, punctuating every word with a kiss.

Chanyeol hums, finally removing his face from the pillow and Kris leans down to leave a kiss on his lips. Like this, Chanyeol can almost forget all about it, he can allude himself to believe that it never happened, it was a nightmare and everything was okay now. His heart throbs in pain though, reminding him of the scab, and he tries hard not to sob before even beginning his day.  

“I have to go,” Kris declares, pulling away, “I’ll see you later.”

Finally, surrendering to his reality, Chanyeol uses all of his energy to get out of bed, and get ready for a long day.

Chanyeol arrives to school with less than a minute to spare, and he runs by Baekhyun who laughs out loud. He slows down to a jog and then stops right in front of him, and he scowls.

“This reminds me of when you first started working here,” Baekhyun says in response to his questioning glare, still grinning like an idiot.

“Very funny, Byun Baek,” he states in a monotone manner, using the nickname Baekhyun had told him many times he hated. He tries to hold back his smile, at Baekhyun’s clear unhappy expression.

“Hyunngg!” Baekhyun whines, stomping his feet like a petulant child. Chanyeol couldn’t suppress it any longer and he grinned at his cuteness.

Just then the bell rang, signifying the beginning of class and Chanyeol looked up frantically. “Ugh I’m late again! It’s all your fault!” he says, and starts running towards class.

“It’s not my fault you’re a grumpy old man!” Baekhyun yells behind him.

“If you don’t run I’m going to mark you absent!” At that, Baekhyun begins sprinting, and just like a child, Chanyeol races him to class.

 It took them a while to get over their awkwardness, and that is something Chanyeol is proud of doing. He really enjoyed Baekhyun’s company, and he hoped they could stay friends; he was the only one able to make him laugh after all.

Baekhyun makes it to class, a second before he does, and Chanyeol blames it on his age.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter