Relationships Change

The Unexpected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of a sudden, everything is back to normal, as if nothing has happened to begin with. This leaves Baekhyun to pick himself up and move on.

“Earth to Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun looks up in shock, forgetting where he was for a moment. He smiles at Jonghyun, “I prefer the stars.”

Jonghyun smiles and looks up, the stars’ shine reflecting in his irises, “I agree.” Jonghyun had insisted that they meet that night; he invited Baekhyun over and then pulled him up the stairs to the roof of his building. It was definitely worth almost getting his arm pulled off. The sky was beautiful, pitch black with an abundance of stars. It was vast space that pulled him in. Now, seated next to Jonghyun in complete silence just felt good and relaxing; like he had no responsibilities or worries.

“Thanks,” Baekhyun mutters, looking back at Jonghyun, who averts his eyes from the sky and looks back at him.

“Any time… I knew you’d appreciate this just as much as me,” he says softly, reaching down to grab his hand.

Baekhyun squeezes back, appreciating the gesture but deep down knowing that the warm flutter in his gut is not the same as the one he gets when he’s with Chanyeol.

 

 

However, as soon as he starts getting used to everything, Chanyeol proposes that they begin the tutoring again.

“Are you sure about that, hyung?” Baekhyun asks, hoping that Chanyeol will change his mind.

Chanyeol looks at him as if he’s lost his mind. “Of course! Your grades are even worse than they were at the beginning, and we’re halfway through the year.”

Baekhyun sighs, “Okay.” Chanyeol then rewards him with a smile.

“Perfect! We’ll get started today. There’s so much you need to catch up on and I have everything prepared. You need to do even better than last time!” Chanyeol blabbers on, looking around for his file on his messy desk. Baekhyun mutes him out after a while, reminding himself to remain calm and not to let his emotions overpower him again.

Of course, it is the same set up as usual; Chanyeol begins with a little introduction and summary of the topic and leaves him with some work to do while he grades some papers. Baekhyun is so immersed in his exercises he does not see Chanyeol looking at him until he looks up to ask him a question. Chanyeol clears his throat awkwardly, and looks away quickly.

Baekhyun’s phone vibrates suddenly, and he pulls it out to read the message. As he expected it is from Jonghyun, asking him how his day went. Baekhyun finds talking to Jonghyun very comforting, he was always ready to listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter