Saving mom

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

" ATTACK!! " One hunter yelled and the dozen archers behind him aimed and shot it towards you. * Wind. * You thought and blew. The strong wind blew the arrows away and you were able to fly straight towards the tower. 

" Hyun Ji! Burn those hunters! They are those that hardly contains any traces of being human left! " Chunji warned from behind. You nodded and looked ahead. * Fire. * With great precision and aim, you breathed out your fire powers and burned every single hunter down to ashes. 

" Hyun Ji. There's an opening to the tower there, if we could just— " Chunji was cut off by a force stopping him and you from crossing. 

" A barrier. Looks like we have to go in there by foot. " Chunji told you and you nodded, looking below you for a clearing to settle down and land. 

Finding one, you slowly settled down and waited for your friends to hop off your back before you transformed back into your vampire form. Of course, fully . 

" Um... " The boys saw it and turned away, red-faced. The girls, however, " Yah! Can't you prepare some clothes beforehand?! " Hara shouted at you. 

You looked down at yourself and realized you were , again. Since your transformation has yet to fully stabilize, transforming back to vampire form meant that you would be the first few times.

" You're lucky I brought clothes. My dad warned me about dragon transformations. Here. " Miyoung threw you a bag and you opened it to find a sleeve-less cat suit and a pair of knee high boots.

" I know it looks disgusting, but it's bulletproof. The girls are wearing them underneath our shirts and jeans. Don't worry, I packed extra. " Miyoung told you.

You took out the cat suit and put it on without any problem. Rummaging through the bag, you found a pair of denim jeans and a black shirt and put it on too. 

" Nice camouflaging clothes, Miyoung. " You complimented. 

" Welcome. Now let's go in to save your mom. " Miyoung said and everyone nodded. Together, the gang went into the castle stealthily.

x-x-x

" There they are!! " One guard shouted and slowly, more and more guards came into the room. 

" L.Joe. " The girls growled and looked at the wolf who stepped into another trap. 

" Sorry! " He apologized and howled. 

" We're running out of time. Someone has to stop the guards, while the rest runs to the room. " You said and Eun Mi stepped forward. 

" I maybe out of the ocean, but I still have the water in me. I can take them out. " She said. 

" I'll stay with her for backup. The rest of you, go on and save Hyun Ji's mom. " Hara said and the rest nodded and ran forward. 

Running along the long hallway, the rest of the group stopped in front of a metal door which held your mother captive.

Slowly, you opened the door and found a pink and purple dragon being bound by metal chains to a wall. Stepping into the room, you recognised the scent as your mother's.

" Mom. " You called out and the dragon looked up with fierce eyes but softened when it saw you. A few seconds passed before your mother turned back into a human form.

In her human form, she had soft pink hair with purple accents. Her eyes were a pretty pink and purple, and she was tall for a female. She was slender and had perfect proportions, but you could see that she was slowly weakening by her thinning frame. 

" Hyun Ji? " Your mother called out and you nodded. 

" I'm here. " You said and walked towards her. 

Up close, you could see the bags under her eyes, her chapped lips and pale complexion. 

" What happened to you? " You asked, shocked at how much she changed since you last saw her.

" I'm growing weak, Hyun Ji. My flame is growing weaker, and I don't have much time left. This is the curse you also bear, Hyun Ji. We dragons have a short life span. But elementals like our family, have even shorter ones. " Your mother explained.

" You mean, I'll also... " You trailed off and your mother nodded. 

" But because you have vampire blood in you, you are able to live your life to the fullest and you were granted immortality. Something a dragon hasn't had since a century ago, during the era of elementals. The time of your great-great grandparents. " Your mother said. 

" I don't care. All I care now i

Please log in to read the full chapter