New Life

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

" We have arrived at the mansion, young miss. " The driver your father sent informed. 

" Thank you. " You nodded your head and alighted the car with your two luggage. You stared up at the huge mansion and sighed deeply. * It's definitely bigger than when I lived with Mdm Han. * 

Madam Han was your guardian ever since birth who was a mother of two girls. Like their mother, they died of sickness at a young age, which was probably why Madam Han was so certain that she would take you in, despite knowing your true blood species. 

" It's just going to get even bigger when I enter anyway. " You whispered to yourself and lugged your two luggage in. True to your words, the interior was even grander than the exterior. 

But you didn't feel any different than when you stayed with your guardian. You had visited the mansion every year to feel unimpressed at the huge interior. Sure you were impressed before, but coming back here every year, the feelings just... fade. 

" Hyun Ji. " A familiar voice called. You turned around and met eyes with your father. Immediately, you bowed in respect. 

" Father. " 

" Rise. " He ordered, and you did as he was told and looked at him. " You truly have grown to look like your mother. It's good that you didn't inherit a lot of genes from me, unlike those brothers of yours. "

Before the air could get tenser as it already is, he ushered you to your room, while the maids carried your baggage. " You will be staying here. I had it personally decorated to your liking. Assuming you still have the same tastes as before. "

You nodded and entered the bedroom which was painted the same shade as the night sky. You have always loved the night sky. It always... comforted you. 

" The constellations took a long time to stick up, but I hope you still like it. It's glow in the dark. " Your father stated. You looked at the walls that had stickers pasted on, which was basically the entire room. Your father had always told you that you resembled your mother in a lot of ways. 

The both of you loved the night sky, especially the stars. You didn't learn to observe constellations from your mother though. But it's like it was already imprinted into your mind. 

" I love it. Thank you. " You looked at your father and gave him a smile. The first smile you've shown ever since Madam Han's sudden death. 

" I'm glad that you liked it. Your brothers suggested it. Myungsoo and Sungy

Please log in to read the full chapter