Dragons and Vampires

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

The day had finally come. Even though you were only turning eighteen tomorrow, your father had insisted to have the party the day before, before your official transformation.

You had woken up earlier than everyone again, so you stayed in your room drawing circles with your fingers on the table after a silent breakfast with the cooks who woke up before dawn. * What should I do? I have until late afternoon, the girls are coming over for a make over session. * 

Looking around the room, you tried to find something to do. That's when you spotted your laptop at the far end of the room. Walking towards it, you picked up the pink and customised laptop before going over to your bed.

Turning on the laptop, you went to your inbox and see if you had received an email. There was one that caught your attention. Opening the mail, you read the contents and wondered who had sent it to you.

To: [email protected]

From: Anonymous

You need not know who I am, Hyun Ji.  Just know that when the time comes, you are most important. 

So are your scales. It cures everything and when the person who drinks something with your scale in it, that person is bonded to you for life. Emotionally, physically, telepathically. So use it well, the person who drinks it can control you, if you don't control them. 

I hope your transformation is a fast one. Not painless, but fast. I wish you a great eighteenth birthday, little dragon. 

* Bonded with scales? Isn't that like blood bonding? * Keeping the fact that your scales came to a huge use, you switched off the computer and looked around the room, again. What were you supposed to do now? You didn't know if your brothers had woken up from their sleep. 

You gave up trying to find something to do, and just went to your comfort place— The Library.  

Sunggyu said you could drop in anytime, now was your 'anytime'.  Going down each shelf, you picked some books about dragons and vampires, totalling about ten thick, encyclopedia-like books. Taking them to the fireplace, it automatically switched on at your prescence and you started reading. 

x-x-x

4 hours. 240 minutes. 14,400 seconds. That was how long. 4 hours, and you only finished the third book. Of course, you dozed off occasionally. 4 hours, and it wasn't even noon! 

But, in those four hours, you noticed how the vampires drastically changed the lives of the dragons, and vice versa. The dragons brought positive changes, but those vampires took it for granted. 

Meat. Scales. Horns. Wings. Eggs. The vampires took everything from them, slaughtered them. Meat for food. Scales for healing and protection. Dragon horns are like remotes, it can control the dragon using the horn which is broken or cut off. Dragon wings are bullet-proof, heat-proof, strong as diamonds and feather light, all combinations make a very good shield.

Lastly, dragon eggs. Dragon eggs are most precious as each egg comes with a dragon and their protection charm, a crystal necklace. 

The crystal necklaces is actually their birth crystal. Example, for September dragons, their crytal necklaces are usually Sapphires. June dragons are the special ones. Their protection charm isn't any crystal, but a pearl. You looked down at the blue topaz around your neck and gulped.

* I can't believe vampires used to do that to the dragons. Is that why the hunters are after me? Because I produce the eggs and crystals? They are hunting me for those? * 

You sighed and closed the third book. Leaning back onto the couch, you stared off into space as you thought about the words you read. You just shook your head and opened the fourth book. A few seconds later, you shut the book. 

* What the hell did I just read?! * 

You opened the book and just stared at the haunting title. 

Mating and Bonding. 

* Oh gosh... how did I end up p

Please log in to read the full chapter