Warning Attack

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

It had been at least 2 weeks after finals, and the seniors and juniors were worried about their results. The INFINITE boys were even more worried as your birthday was coming up in a month's time and there were no attacks. It seems like the enemies have taken a break, or so they thought.

x-x-x

" Hyun Ji-ah, did you bring your tracker? " Sungyeol asked. 

" For the umpteenth time, yes! I brought it along. Don't forget that Miyoung is with me here during gym hours. Besides, what can happen? " You said. 

" Anything? " L said. You rolled your eyes and dragged Miyoung to the girl's locker room to change into gym clothes. 

" Hey Miyoung, do you think anything will happen during gym? " You asked. 

" Don't think so. Do you actually believe in what your brothers say? " She mused. You shook your head. " I don't believe them. " You quietly said. Miyoung smiled.

" Then nothing will happen. Alright? " She placed a comforting hand on your shoulder and you smiled at her. Just then, a high pitched sound of a whistle could be heard. 

" GATHER ROUND! EVERYONE! 5 LAPS AROUND THE TRACK THEN START WARM-UPS! " The coach barked at the class. 

You rolled your eyes while Miyoung sighed. You started jogging on your spot while Miyoung just stood there. " Come on, Miyoung. It's just 5 laps, " you encouraged. She made a face but started to run. You smiled at yourself while running. 

After running, you paired up with Miyoung and started stretches. After the stretches were done, the coached appointed leaders for basketball, and coincidentally, you were in the same team as Miyoung and Sungjong.

Another sound of the whistle, and the game started. Not very good at sports, you tried your very best to run away from the person who has the basketball. Fortunately, when you managed to stay away from the basketball long enough, your team was winning. 

Unfortunately, Miyoung noticed that you were running around but not towards the hoop or the person holding the ball. So when Miyoung had the ball in her hands, she dribbled it to you who was still not aware that your best friend was coming towards you. 

It was a bit too late when she passed the basketball to you. You stood there ike a deer in the headlights, not knowing what to do as your team was running everywhere and doing actions like waving their hands wildly or jumping up and down. 

You looked to the side and found Sungjong opening his arms to you and nodding his head. * Here goes nothing. * You lightly dribbled the ball towards him and when you got close enough, passed it to him. He caught the ball and went straight to the hoop and scored a three-pointer.

Your team mates cheered as Sungjong gave them the winning point. The coach gave the winning team the rest of the day off and allowed you guys to ditch school, which you did with Sungjong. So after changing out of your sports wear, the three of you headed out of school. 

Linking arms with Miyoung, the both of you walked down the street as Sungjong walked behind the both of you with arms crossed. Passing by a small café, you pullled Miyoung inside while Sungjong followed.

" Miyoung, what would you like? " As the three of you sat down and looked at the menu. You asked for a waiter and a male waiter came over to your table. " Um... Can I have a caesar salad and espresso? " The waiter turned to you and eyed you like a prized possesion. 

You felt uncomfortable and avoided his gaze. " Just a chocolate sundae will do. " Then the guy looked at Sungjong in distaste. " A glass of water. " The waiter bowed and took the menus before eyeing you one last time. When he finally disappeared behind the counter, you finally felt a weight being lifted.

" That waiter... Is just... " You cringed and Miyoung chuckled. " A ert? " You nodded. Miyoung looked up and giggled as you felt the same heated stare. " He's eyeing me again, isn't he? " Miyoung nodded. You gave up and slammed your head onto the table just as the same waiter arrived. 

" Here you go. Caeser salad and espresso, a chocolate sundae and plain water. " The waiter put the tray on the table and winked at you, causing you to shudder in disgust. Noticing that his wink did not affect you, he walked away in disappointment. 

" I'm sticking to be a nerd now. " You proclaimed which caused Miyoung and Sungjong to laugh. Miyoung peeked at Sungjong and saw the twinkle in his eyes when he looks at you. It was just like Sungyeol. * Hyun Ji you dense vamp. You don't even know you have seven boys at the tips of your fingers. *

After the meal, you and Miyoung linked arms again and walked along the streets and found a cute shop. " Sungj

Please log in to read the full chapter