Only the Beginning

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

" Has she woken up yet? " Sehun asked the two healers and Kris, who shook their heads. The twenty of you were inside the large dome on the roof without any sunglight, since it was tinted. No one could even locate this room on the outside, as your father had the power to create illusions and prevent people from finding it.

But currently, you were lying on what seems like a hospital bed with wires and machines attached to you to watch your blood pressure, temperature and heart rate. Other than you occasionally thrashing about in your bed, everything was fine. 

" She's sleeping quite soundly actually. Something very unusual. " Kris commented and narrowed his eyes. " Something's wrong. she shouldn't be sleeping soundly. That's not normal. " His eyes widened and went to the monitor connecting to her heart rate. It was dropping tremendously. 

" Lay!! She's losing it!! " Kris barked at the younger who scrambled up next to the monitor. 120 Bpm. 80Bpm. 50Bpm. You were fine before, so why were you losing the battle only now?

Running around the room, Lay took the equipments needed and did a full body check-up on you. Something was causing your heart to pump slower and lesser blood. He did another check-up, and your dragon self was taking over your vampire self, and you certainly weren't adapting well.

" We need vampire blood. Now. " Lay ordered and some of the boys looked around. " Can we? " Sehun asked but Lay shook his head. "  A pure vampire. Not half. Full. "

Infinite looked at each other and nodded. Just then, Sunggyu stepped forward. " We'll do it. We'll donate blood to her. Since we're full vampires. " 

Lay looked at the rest of the members who nodded. " Then we better make this fast. Kris, you look after Hyun Ji. " Kris nodded and Lay led the boys to another room. 

x-x-x

A few minutes later, all seven boys of Infinite came out while holding their arms to stop blood flow before Sungyeol could come and heal them. Lay followed behind with seven bags of blood and they even had labels on it. Lay hooked up the one that contains Sunggyu's blood as it was transfered into your body. 

Soon, the colour came back to your face and your heart was starting to beat normally. Lay heaved a sigh of relief after seeing that your BPM was back to normal. He had already instructed Kris to replace the blood bags once the previous one has been used up. He was reluctant at first, but Lay managed to pursuade him into doing it. 

" Hey hyung... Is this supposed to happen? " Kai asked. Lay turned and saw that Kai was pointing to your hand. Your fingers were turning a medium shade of purple and so were your nails. 

But instead of your standard manicured nails, it was replaced with sharp, hard and curved matte grey nails. They were much bigger than normal nails, about the size of a dollar coin. 

" Oh yes! Those are actually her claws. This means that her body is getting the right amount of blood to balance. Something like the Ph system. Her body is adapting well and her powers are slowly coming out. If I'm not wrong, after the claws, would be the elemental powers right? " Lay looked at Kris who nodded. 

Suddenly, you jerked forward while holding your stomach. Right on time. Your elemental powers were now emerging a little too quickly for your liking. You could feel your fire power burning almost every single part of your body and you broke out into cold sweat. 

They checked your temperature, 40°C. Surprisingly within normal range. Infinite saw you starting to convulse and they tried to calm you down. But everytime they tried, they would only get burned. " Weak. " Dongwoo spat and tried to go forward. 

" You play fire, with fire. " Dongwoo touched your forehead and he immediately retracted his now red hand. " That is hot!! " Dongwoo tried to fan his red hand but it didn't work. So Hoya did what he does best, he doused it with water and L froze it with his power of frost. 

But instead of thanking them, he began complaining about how cold it was and melted the ice away. 

" Suho hyung, help me get a basin of water and ask Xiumin to create some ice to cool it. " Lay requested and suho nodded. He came back awhile later with a three-quarter full basin if water and Xiumin made some ice to put inside the water. 

To make it cooler, he also froze the exterior of the basin. Taking a cloth, Lay dipped it into the cold water and squeezed out the excess water and placed it on your forehead. At the cold contact, you stopped convulsing and began to relax. But you were still running a

Please log in to read the full chapter