The Start

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

" Eun Mi! Could you really stay in this house as my private designer or something? " You asked Eun Mi after she chose the dress for you. As always, it was perfect! 

It was a black, glitter-studded gown that just touched the floor. Glitter was everywhere but in delicate and wave-like patterns. 

" Sorry, can't. Dad gave me new job back at the palace. And I have to attend princess lessons. " Eun Mi shrugged. " Dream spoiler. " You mumured under your breath and Eun Mi could only laugh. You took the dress from her and went inside to change. You were sure to be careful since your hair and makeup was already done by Miyoung.

" This girl could always find things in my closet even when I didn't buy them. " You shook your head and went out the bathroom. 

" HYUN JI! " A body was thrown at you and wrapped around you tightly. The person stepped back and your eyes glistened at the sight of him.

" SEHUN! " You threw your arms around your cousin and made sure he couldn't breathe, up to the point that Luhan had to detach you with his power. 

" As we promised! No more than twelve, no less than twelve. " Kris said and you smiled. Then something clicked in your mind. Why were your cousins in your room?! 

" Why are you guys here! We are not supposed to reveal the birthday girl yet! Out! " Miyoung and Hara forcefully pushed the boys out before you could even react.

" Moving onto shoes, I found the perfect pair when I saw that dress. " Hara went to the closet and revealed the pair of glitter heels, and it was black, again. 

Your jaw dropped and Miyoung pushed it back up, " Wouldn't want any flies entering your mouth. Even though it has a scent of blood. " You smiled and went on to try the heels. 

" Woah... " You felt taller and actually managed to reach up to Miyoung's height of 172cm. " Pretty! It compliments the dress and you. " Eun Mi complimented and you looked down. 

" Ooo! Someone's blushing! " Hara teased and you socked her arm. " I wonder who she wants attention from? Her cousins, business people's sons, or Infinite! " Miyoung joined in the fun of teasing her. 

" Hyun Ji and her brothers? That would be cute, cute, cute! " Hara skipped around the room like a small kid. 

" Of course! Sungyeol and Hyun Ji even shared blood once! " Miyoung revealed that small incident that happened during her birthday party while her mother and Kai were on the battleground. The girls gasped and threw strings of curses at her. 

" You sly girl! How could you not tell me that you're already bonded?! What about the others? " Hara hinted at the rest of the six boys. " Not yet. Only Sungyeol and I. But he hasn't taken any of mine ever since the accident. " You said. 

" Knock knock! " A voice from behind the door called out and your father's head peaked through. 

" Is it possible to see my daughter? " He jokingly asked and the girls left the room to the let both of you have some bonding time together. 

" Dad..." You called out and he looked at you with soft eyes. " Hyun Ji... You look so beautiful. Just like your mom when she came down to the vampire dimension. " Your dad smiled and embraced you. 

" Today's the day, dad. I'll be turning eighteen, and into a dragon. " You said, scared. 

" I know. I've specially prepared the biggest room for you, knowing your wing span can grow very wide and your huge height. " Your dad joked. You pulled away and looked at him with wide eyes.

" Where? " You aksed and he pointed to the ceiling. " The huge roof of our house. It's protected by a tinted dome. So your prescence is hidden. " Your father said.

" I'm scared... Of pain. " You truthfully said and your father chuckled. " Everyone is. But it's just to test if you have the mentality and resilience to overcome it. " Your father adviced and you nodded. 

" Ready? " He held out his hand and you gulped. Nodding, you placed your hands into his and left the room. Walking down the carpeted hallway, you could hear the voices of the guests and a few familiar voices. 

* Hyun Woo oppa came. Hye Su is obviously there. The girls. Exo. Infinite. And other people... * After a couple left and right turns, you reached the ballroom. You were amazed at how far you could hear, and your official transformation did not start until midnight.

" May I present, Miss Lee Hyun Ji! " The announcer, well, announced. Your father had already left to join the crowd a while ago. in a deep breath, you walked forward and in view of the crowd. Some people, mostly your brothers, held their breaths as you slowly descended down the stairs.

x-x-x 

" Hyun Ji!!!! " Female voices called out to you. You turned around and saw the twins and waved at them. " Unnies. " You greeted them. 

Minkyung and Haeri made their way over to you while carrying your two-year-old nep

Please log in to read the full chapter