Mother Doesn't Know Best

Before The Dawn
Please log in to read the full chapter

That night after the first exam, you sought permission from both your father and brothers to allow you to go to Miyoung's birthday party. Your father and Miyoung had warned you about her mother, Mdm Kang Jihyun. Your father was worried that you might get into trouble and get hurt, so he sent both Sungyeol and Kai there. 

Two hours before the party officially starts, you were in your room with Hara and Eunmi who were both choosing dresses for you. Nothing to eye catching and nothing to daring. One after another, you wore the dresses and your friends evaluated them. 

So far, ten dresses were evaluated and none of them still fit you. After half an hour, you were on the verge of giving up. " Why is dress choosing so difficult?! " You shouted at them which in return, you were given shrugs. " You wanted dresses which are neither to eye catching nor daring. Are you sure you do not want to wear dress number eight?  " Hara asked. 

The eighth dress was from Gucci. It was fully black and touching the floor but it had a very daring neckline. When you wore it, the cut was until just below your cleavage which made you very self-conscious. 

You shook your head in denial, " That dress has a plunging neckline. Not wearing that. " Hara rolled her eyes while Eunmi was silently laughing. " Then what about the sixth one? That one doesn't have a plunging neckline. "

You nodded but eyed the dress in distaste. It was a black Prada dress. Sleeveless but not strapless. It looked like something the Goddess Aphrodite would wear. The dress resembled something like a chiton, but longer. But the downside was that the dress was made of tulle, a translucent material.

" Hara... Do you want to feed me to the sharks? " You said. Both Hara and Eunmi chuckled. This time round, you went back to your closet and tried on ten more dresses. Again, nothing caught your eye. You laid the ten dresses down for evaluation. Hara's choice was the twelfth dress. It was chic, a pale pink in color but it had another plunging neckline and this time, it was .

Eunmi's choice was nothing similar. She did not choose from the pile but went to your closet and chose a dress herself. What she came out with, was perfect. It was a pearl white dress with rhinestones on the bodice. The skirt had a few ruffles to make it layered and it was not . 

When you tried it on, it fit you just fine and it accentuated your beautiful curves without drawing too much attention away from Miyoung. Even when you laid your eyes on this dress which was hidden in your closet, you had to agree that this was the one. 

" It's perfect! Eunmi! I'm forever trusting you with my clothes. Hara makes me look like... " You were trying to find the word for it but EunMi beat you to it, " A ? " You nodded. You looked at Hara with an apologetic smile but she shook her head. 

Just then, a soft knock came from the door and in came Sungyeol and Kai, both looking smart in their tuxedos. For a moment, you were awed at how good looking both your brother and cousin could be. But you remembered why they were dressed that way in the first place. 

" Oppas, you're done? " They nodded. You smiled before replying, " Give me a few minutes to do my hair and makeup. " They nodded in understanding and you went back into your room for hair and makeup. 

Half and hour later, you emerged from your room with your hair and makeup done. *Finally!* Sungyeol looked up and saw you standing there in your dress and gray heels with your hair in a simple updo and some light makeup. 

As soon as he saw you, his jaw dropped. Literally. His jaw was hanging. When you saw his hanging jaw, you couldn't help but chuckle lightly. " Sungyeol oppa, if you don't close your mouth, a fly is going to make it it's next home. " 

Sungyeol took in what you said and closed his mouth immediately, causing you and Kai to laugh at him. * Hyung's got this love thing bad...* 

" Let's go! We're going to be late for Miyoung's party at this rate. " Kai warned. It rang a bell to you and you ran down the stairs and out the door with the two boys following you. 

x-x-x

When the three of you reached Miyoung's home, you were half shocked at how big and grand her house was. But compared to yours, Miyoung's house lost to yours. 

When you stepped into her house, it was even more grand than the exterior. The Grand Hall lived up to its name of being grand as it was decorated from ceiling to floor in purple and white decorations. The tables were lined with purple and white table clothes. 

All of her friends and relatives were in the room mingling while you stood there, being awkward. It wasn't until when she came over to you in her one shoulder purple dress did you feel less awkward. 

" Hi Miyoung! I made it! " She beamed and looked at the dress you're wearing. " You sure know how to dress up Hyun Ji, " she complimented. " Thank you. But it was because of Eun Mi. She helped picked this. " Miyoung looked confused.

" The mermaid? I thought that the elf would help. " You shook your head, thinking of the choices Hara made you choose. " Her style of fashion is very... " "Daring? " Miyoung guessed. You nodded. 

Again, you felt awkward with Miyoung since the both of you were past enemies. But, Kai saves the day by suddenly appearing at your side with fruit punch. You gave him a smile and he returned

Please log in to read the full chapter