Promises and Contracts

Dear School Bully,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I’m almost done. Just a couple more to grade and I’m done for the week’. Min Tae thought, as she flipped another page of her student’s essays.

“Min Tae! It’s already 6:00. Didn’t you have to be somewhere?” Jinyoung asked, confused.

“. I forgot about Sungjong. Damn it.” I kept cursing as I stood up

After scrambling my things and shoving them inside my bag I hurried out the door, while I bid a quick goodbye to Jinyoung as I passed by him.

‘Why did he even have to suddenly invite me out to dinner? He knows I’m busy.’ I thought as my hand reached for my phone.

I put the phone against my ear as I stopped in front of my car and waited for the other line to pick up, while my other hand was fishing in my bag for my car keys.

“Sungjong, I’ll be there in a sec. I forgot that we had a meeting.” I said when he finally picked up.

“You said you’d be here 5:30. Where are you?” Sungjong angrily answered.

“Look Mr. Surprise, this wasn’t planned. You came out of the blue just to invite me. Why are we even eating out? You can just come by my house. Plus, I need to finish grading those essays.” I said, successfully pulling out my car keys out my bag.

“Whatever, just hurry up. I’m getting hungry.” He said, as unlocked my car.

“Fine, fine, fine. Text me the address.” I said, as I got in the driver’s seat.

I hung up after saying that and closed my door. I the ignition and drove out of the parking lot. Just in time, my phone beeped, and there was the place’s address.

‘Ah, I know where this is. That was where Sungyeol made me sign that stupid contract. Why would we even meet there?’ I thought as I drove to the destination. ‘If I remember correctly, Sungyeol said his family owned that café… how weird… now I get to go back and suffer from old memories.’

 

After having a hard time parking my car, I turned off my car’s ignition grabbing my bag in the process before I stepped out of my car. I locked it after shutting the door. I sighed as I looked at the outer exterior of the café, as my hand grabbed my phone.

Focusing my eyes on my phone’s screen, I tapped call on a certain name, Sungjong.

‘Hey, I’m at the parking lot. Should I go in?’

In an instant he replied, ‘You idiot, go in. I’m hungry. I’m in the farthest table. Hurry.’

I groaned as I started walking, while tapping a quick message to Sungyeol.

‘Honey, if you’re coming over tonight, just wait for me. I’m out with Sungjong. He’s been pestering me about how I’m not hanging out with him, and it’s always about you when I’m with him. Oh, yeah. Our 1st anniversary is tomorrow, what gift would you like? Love you~’ I put my phone back in my bag while my other hand grabbed the door’s handle opening it in the process.

I stepped in the café, the nogalistic aroma of coffee was in the air, and the memories from last time came rapidly in my head.

“I somehow hate this place.” I muttered as I started walking to where Sungjong was.

As I was walking, I noticed that the place was empty. There were only a few employees. Now focusing in my surroundings, there was music playing the café. It was the song I sang for Sungyeol.

“Little Star…” I whispered, a small smile spread through my lips.

I started walking again to Sungjong, but this time I felt much better being here. When I made it to the farthest table, no one was there. I rolled my eyes. I noticed there was a cup of co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter