Oppar, Annyeonghaseyo!

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk_NemfFx_4

 

"Mihou...Mihou..." I awoke to Mama's tears crashing on my face.

       "Mi Ho! Mi Ho Ho! Yah Pabo! Wake up! You always sleep when I'm presenting!"

"Your face...it's bleeding and bruised..." More tears.

       "Aish, did you study for the English test? Simon and Martina's tests are so hard!"

"Where is Baba..." I murmered. Mama cringed. I could hear the sound of one man beating 10 boys up outside.

       "What are the verbs we have to know again..." I mutter. Sunny rolled her eyes and begun to spit out foreign words and pocky crumbs.

Baba came back. He and Mama were discussing something...they tried to tell me too...I couldn't understand.

       "To lun. Lunning. Lolling? Is that dallida? Neh, neh. Koing. Lets ko. Idong! To ply, ply away. Mwoh? What is this..."

"Goodbye, Mihou." And there came the final tears.

        I don't have memories of what happened inbetween. I just know that I arrived at Seoul to where my Uncle and Aunt Gyun were waiting for me and I received treatment and therapy. For what they call haipuhsomneeah. And here I am with Sunny. Second year of high school. In English class. About to fail the verb test. Where is Lolling? That was the only I knew.....

 

I look up to see the new sign they put up this morning. I smile, it's really nice. I like it.

 

 

I push open the doors and see two HUGE posters taking up the wall. 

O_O I gawked at them. How...lovely. No really, since this time she's actually not showing a lot of skin. Compared to other previous photoshoots. Still, I felt bad for any of the newcomers who were joining us today. The first thing you see as you enter the building.....

"I'm gorgeous arn't I?" Hye In walked by snickering. "You just can't take your eyes off my body." 

"Annyeonghaseyo Eun Hye In sunbaenim. Neh, I am very jealous of your everything, for you are Snow White. Saranghaeyo." I said in one breathe.

That's probably what I should say. To her. Everyday. It would make my life a lot easier.

Instead I barely manage to greet her politely while bowing. Hye In giggled and sauntered away. I squint after her. That gullll....oh well. If I or anyone else wants to remain in SM, NEVER talk back to Hye In. Just don't. There might have been 10 or more female trainees still with us if it wern't for her.

I hear more snickering behind me. I grimace and face my two other friends and HeiMin and Sammie. They immediatly put on straight faces. HeiMin and Sammie dorm together and don't go through what I do, so they feel bad sometimes. "Hey, we have early practice today. Let's go put our stuff in the dorms first." Sammie says brightly. We turn down the hallway and they walk into the first room on the right. I trudge slowly all the way to the end.

The reason why I should treat Hye In better than anyone else is because I dorm with her. Hye In is sitting on her bed texting someone. I automatically begin cleaning up the mess that she's made. "Practice starts at 3:00 today." I remind her. Hae In groaned and starts changing into her practice clothes. She litters her dirty clothes all over the floor and saunters out again. I sigh and look at my watch. 2:58. We usually come back from practice and have only half a hour to finish homework. Thank God I finished most on the bus already. But now I have to get this mess cleaned up and be down by 3:00 sharp. As fast as I can, I cange into my sweats and t-shirt while throwing away Hye-In's skimpy day clothes in the laundry bin, making her bed and organizing the table at the same time. I sprint down the hallways and into the practice room, putting up my hair into a messy pony-tail. 

"Ahh, Mi Ho!" Rino our dance teacher greets me. 

"Where is everyone?" I ask, panting.

"Your shirt is on backward." Rino chuckled. "Today we are using the main dancing room with the other trainees because SNSD has to use this one to practice their new chereography. I'll be staying here with them so go on back with the others." 

I nodded and walk into the big dancing room. I search for HeiMin, Sammie and the rest of the trainees I usually train together with. I find them surrouding someone. Must be a newcomer, I think.

"Ok...we. Uh, Wo-men. Bring you. Ni. To see. Um, the GeGes'!"

I cringe at HeiMin's terrible Chinese. "Hey, just follow me, the guys are training in the basement so you should go down to greet them." I say easily, in fluent Chinese. "Yes! Oh thank you so much MiMi!" Sammie says, relieved. I don't even look behind as I walk down to the basement. I open the door and the newcomer, HaeMin and Sammie crowd in. I see Min Seok stretching close to us. Hmm, didn't they give him a Chinese name for some reason? I think hard.

"Ah, that is Min-ani, Xiumin oppa over there," Sammie says for me. I smile and decide that Sammie's Chinese should be good enough to introduce the rest of the guys to him. I turn to walk back up the stairs, almost running into Hye In. "Watch where you're going," she hissed, then stopped to smooth out her hair. I roll my eyes. Hye In always wants to leave a 'good' impression on everyone new. More of scary.

I'm opening the door to leave, when I hear it. 

 

"Xiumin-ah! Oppar, Annyeonghaseyo!" 

 

The room is silent. I'm still facing the door but I can hear everything behind me. The next seconds happening slowly. HaeMin, Sammie, Hye In falling to the ground eruputing in laughter. Min Seok looking around, shocked and scared. Some other Chinese trainees explaining to the kid about Hyungs and Oppas. Sammie laughing and telling Min Seok he had just come from mainland China. I should be laughing and rolling around on the floor too, but I can't.

I havn't even glanced once at the newcomer.

But I know who he is. 

"Tao Gege," I whisper and my mind goes black.