Third Child: Abortion

Gumiho Flashback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBvA1f6c-W0#at=14

 

For the longest time, neither Tao or I moved or talked.

"Aren't you going hug your own sister?" LiLi pouted.

Tao finally ran and picked up LiLi, swirling her around. I plopped to the ground in shock.

"Ahh put me down! Put me down! Put- why are you crying, silly?"

Tao let go of LiLi and wiped his face, but more tears kept coming out. "LiLi..." he whispered. "Where have you been."

"Oh, here and there." LiLi laughed. "I heard that my own Gege was a trainee at SM!? I came looking for you and here you are bickering with Mihou once again-"

"WHERE DID YOU GO?!?!?"

LiLi stepped back. "Woah, Gege, calm down."

Tao was panting, crying, happy, enraged. He grabbed LiLi's shoulders. "Why...did...you...leave...us."

"Hmm?" LiLi took Tao's hands off of her. "Everything I do is my choice." She suddenly remembered our yelling fight she had interupted. "Ah..." She looked at me. "Tao, you shouldn't have yelled at poor Mihou like that. She had nothing to do with anything." 

I stare back silently at my...best friend. 

LiLi walked to me and picked me up into a hug.

"What...do you mean." 

LiLi turned back to her brother. "Are you still talking about EnTian?" She asked. Tao stiffened at the sound of the name.

EnTian? Why does that sound sooo familiar...

I was smacked in the face by a memory. Or should I say, punched.

 

  "Zuò xià!"

  The giant punched my forehead and I fell down.

  "Nǐmen liǎng gè bèndàn! Wǒ yǐjīng gàosu nǐmen duōshǎo cì, Nǐmen wèishéme hái méiyǒu míngbái ah?" 

 

I flinched at the terrible northern accent replaying in my head. Oh, so that one was EnTian. Wait...

I looked up to see Tao standing there, completely blown away and LiLi looking at him innocently. Did I just miss something? LiLi must've said something during my mini-flashback...

"You WHAT?!?" Tao screamed.

Yep, I missed something.

"Forget it, it was a long time ago. I've moved on! You don't see him here with me do you?" 

I gawked at the two. What in the world were they talking about.

"So after EnTian who was it? Did you just move in with every new guyfriend you found? To the point you ended up all the way here in Korea?"

Oh no. Please don't tell me.

"Yah! What's wrong with you! Mama and Baba sent me here!"

"Of course they would! They wouldn't want a daughter like you! You've always been a burden!"

I gasped. Tao had taken it way too far. In China...the One Child policy...there was only so much you could do to get by.

Twins? No problem.

Second child? Pay the fine.

Third child? Abortion.

 

LiLi was the third child in her family.

It's a long story of Tao's mother hiding in our house. His Father pleading with the district official and paying special taxes...It was hard bringing up LiLi. I suddenly felt terrible for LiLi, nevermind this EnTian mess. Her parents must've completely given up. How could Tao say something so rude?

"Tao! Take that back!" I exclaim, walking towards them. LiLi looks on the verge of breaking down. I grab on to LiLi and squeeze her. "Tao. Say sorry to your sister." I say. 

Tao glares at both of us. Then he turns on his heels and heads back home.

 

 

 

(A/N: Sowwy short update. LOL this was slightly entertaining bc Entian is my brother. Hopefully he does not see this...)