Bad Choice of Words

Nerd vs Jock, The Ultimate Battle

 Jonghyun finished drying himself off; he wrapped the towel around his waist and grabbed the deodorant.  After applying the deodorant he grabbed 2 q-tips, he swirled them around in his ear and threw them in the garbage when he was done.

Key waited impatiently, he tapped his foot on the ground. Then the thought occurred to him, he didn’t have a change of clothes. He swore under his breath and thought of something to do.

Jonghyun finished and exited the bathroom, still only wearing the towel. Key turned to see a semi- Jonghyun. He gasped and covered his eyes.

“What?” Jonghyun realized. “Oh, ok. I’ll g upstairs”

“Wait” Key said before Jonghyun started up the stairs.

“Yes?”

“I- I don’t have a pair of clothes”

“I’ll lend you some of mine, I’ll put the by the door when I get back down” Jonghyun smiled and walked up the stairs.

Key smiled and the kind Jonghyun, he walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

He started the water; he slipped off his clothes and entered the shower.

Jonghyun walked into his room and made his towel fall, everything came out. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out 2 pairs of boxers, one for him and one for Key. He slipped his on and threw Key’s on the bed, he did the same for his socks, shirt and jeans. After he was finished he picked up the pile of clothes and brought them to the bathroom door.

Jonghyun stared at the door handle. He imagined a Key, all wet. He reached for the door handle then quickly slapped his own hand away. “Jonghyun, stop” Jonghyun turned around and looked at the clock. 8:20.

Key exited the bathroom 5 minutes later. He popped his head out of the bathroom after drying off and noticed the pair of clothes at the foot of the door. He grabbed them and closed the door, after changing he left the bathroom.

Taemin was dressed. He wore a hat, a long t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Taemin walked into the kitchen and noticed a note.

It read;

Taemin, we will be out for a week. If you can stay with a friend do that, if you can’t call us immediately.

From Mom.

Taemin rolled his eyes and threw the note back down. There was a knock on the door. Taemin walked over and opened the door; he smiled when he saw Minho.

Minho walked in and pounded his fist. “Hey”

“What are you doing here early?”

“Its 8:40, it takes us about 20 minutes to get to the mall. Ready to go?”

Taemin nodded. “Yeah, give me a minute”

Taemin disappeared from Minho’s sight. Minho walked into the kitchen and noticed the note. He read it. Minho smiled, Taemin’s parents gave Minho a chance with Taemin and they didn’t even know he existed.

Taemin appeared from behind Minho. “Ready?”

He dropped the note. “Oh-Yeah”

“Y-you read the note”

“Yeah, you know-You can stay at my house if you want” Minho hoped he said yes.

“Really? Are you sure?”

Minho nodded. “Of course!”

Taemin was surprised by the sudden question, but smiled at the thought that Minho cared. “Ok, can we come back here when we are done so I can pack my things?”

Minho nodded and gestured Taemin out the door. Minho told Taemin to wait; he ran over towards the passenger seat door and opened it. Taemin was touched; he walked over and smiled as he fell into the seat. Minho ran over to his side and got in. He started the car, he pulled out of the driveway and drove off towards the mall.

Jonghyun and Key were getting ready to leave. Jonghyun left a note for his mom it read:

Mom, went to mall with Key. I’ll be back later

p.s: Hara is with a friend

Jonghyun started his car and drove off. Key was staring at the window, Jonghyun looked over.

“So, you got money?” Jonghyun asked.

“Oh! I completely forgot! Can we stop by my house?” Key answered and asked.

“Sure”

Jonghyun pulled into Key’s driveway and waited for Key. He came out a minute later.

Something was wrong with him, he seemed down.

Jonghyun noticed. “Key? Are you alright?”

“I-I’m fine” Key fixed his bangs. “We need to go pick up Kai”

Jonghyun nodded and drove off, taking directions from Key to find Kai’s place. They finally arrive at Kai’s place. Kai ran out and got in.

“H-hey Key, Jonghyun?” Kai was confused, why was Jonghyun with Key.

“Hey-“ Key answered blandly.

Kai noticed something was wrong. “Key, what’s wrong?”

“Why the hell do you keep asking me!? Nothing is wrong!” Key angrily answered.

Kai placed a hand on Key’s shoulder. Jonghyun gave Kai’s hand a glare. “Key, tell me”

“There is-“Key paused. “I saw my mom and that Jay making out”

“Key, your mom isn’t just yours. Plus, remember when you kissed that guy. Your mom didn’t argue”

“I know, I just-“

“Key, I drove them home. She really likes him, he is a nice guy. Give him a chance”

Key was defeated. He never realized his mom had someone she loved other than himself. “Fine, but I won’t like it”

Kai rolled his eyes and smiled. “That’s my boy” He smacked Key’s shoulder and leaned back into the backseat. “So Key stayed the night at your house Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun nodded as he to the highway. “Yeah, I was horrible looking and Key helped me. I just couldn’t let him go since I would have to drive him”

Key chuckled. “Yeah, make up lies”

Kai stared at the two blankly. He then made a picture frame and put Jonghyun and Key in. He nodded and smiled.

Taemin and Minho stopped at the red light. Music was playing, it was Nine Muses’ Ticket. Taemin was quietly singing along. Minho kept occasionally staring at Taemin and smiling whenever Taemin looked out the windows.

“So, what are you going to buy?” Minho asked.

“I don’t know, I can pretty much buy anything I want”

Minho nodded then gave Taemin a questioning look. “What do you mean?”

“Min, promise that what I’m about to say. It won’t change our friendship one bit…Promise?”

“Of course” Minho smiled and waited for Taemin to say ‘I love you’.

“I’m Rich”

“I love you too”

----------------------------

Nine Muses 'TICKET'