It's Always About Kim Jonghyun....

Nerd vs Jock, The Ultimate Battle

Key was sitting at his desk. "Ok, plans for tomorrow..."

He was the one who loved to make plans, ok he didn't love it. He was obsessed with it, it was his thing he felt he had to do every night.

"Take Minho to meet the kids, no" Erases what he wrote. "Minho isn't really a kid person"...Key kept thinking. "....Oh, I promised to get them ice cream from school!" Key wrote down 'bring ice cream for kids'. "Okay, what else-"

"Honey, dinner"

Key set down his pencil. "Coming!" Key remembered an important one. He sat down once again at his desk and wrote. "Show the new guy around"

The new guy was introduced, and it was Key's responsibilty to show him around. Although Key doesn't know who he is or what his name is, he decided to do his best.

He fixed his glasses and ran out of his room and down the stairs. He turned a tight corner and walked into the kitchen.

"What's for dinner" Key asked, he sat down, grabbed his napkin and placed it on his lap. Oblivious to the food taking up the plate infront of him.

"Cheeseburgers and fries" A woman answered coming back from the garage, their was a door leading to the garage in their kitchen. Key identified the woman as his mom, she set down two bottles of water at the table. One near her and one near Key. He smiled and happily took the water and poured it into the ice-filled glass. 

"The usual" Key added.

"Sorry honey, you know-"

"Yes I know" Key sighed and munched on one of his fries. "But dad is gone"

Key's father was a military general, he died this year. Key reached for the ketchup, he poured a amount of it near the fries.

"Honey?" His mom looked at him. Key continued to eat. He gave her a look that told her to go on. "I got a new job"

Key nodded and took a sip of the water to wash down the food. "Where?"

"Seoul"

He almost choked on the frie he just swallowed. His mother gave him a concerned look but knew he was alright.

"That's 3 hours from here, don't tell me we have to move"

His mother smiled and shook her head. "No, no more moving. I promised"

Key nodded and took another sip of his water. "So where you working?"

"A family business, Kim's Bakery"

He nodded. He itched his forehead and took his first bite of his cheeseburger. "and?" He knew there was more.

"The owner's son goes to your school"

"Figured, who's the son?"

"Kim Jonghyun"

Key literally coughed up the piece of cheeseburger. Then finally was able to talk. "What!?" Key gave a worried look. "Why him? Of all people?"

"What's wrong honey?"

"He is most popular guy in school mom, thats whats wrong" Key answered.

"Why's that bad?"

"Mom" Key looked down to show his mom's oblivious words. "Popular plus spoiled equals accident waiting to happen"

"Don't tell me he bullies you honey, I wouldn't want-"

Key shook his head. "He actually doesn't even know I exist, he is always busy with his popular guy "

"Honey" His mom snapped at the sudden fowel language.

"Sorry" Key wasn't a frequent bad-mouth. He actually only sweared when the situation called for it, or he was mad enough.

"Try to befriend him okay? For me, it may not be akward when you randomly bump into him at the store"

"Mom, I can barely stand up in a classroom, you think I could actually get the most popular guy in school to give a crap about me?"

His mom was happy he didn't swear but she understood what he ment. "Ok, I'm sorry. I just want you to make friends"

"I have a friend mom"

"Minho, I know, but honey. Maybe having a couple more-"

"Minho is all I need, you understands me" Key pointed at himself.

"Honey, he's a senior. What about next year? He will be gone, then college. You probably won't ever see him again"

"Minho and I are going to the same college, we already decided"

His mom saw the determination in his eyes and smiled slightly. 

"Ok honey, lets just have a peaceful meal"

Key nodded and continued to eat. After finished he left the table and made his way back upstairs.

He smiled when he saw he had a text message from Minho.

Key slid open his phone and read the message.

"Hey! How you doin!?" 

Key replied. "Good, just finished eating"

A couple seconds later, Minho answered back. "Figured since you didn't answer back after 10 minutes of waiting"

Key smiled and text'd another message. "Hey I have a question?"

"What is it?"

"Do you know a Kim Jonghyun, from school?"

Minho replied in an instant. "Of course, who doesn't"

"Then your not going to believe what just happened"

"He accepted your facebook request!?"

"No, actually I haven't checked that at all today. Anyway are you ready to become like the most shocked person in korea?"

"The suspense is killing me! Tell me!"

"My mom is working for his parents, at their bakery"

"What? Why?"

"We need money Min, and for his family to be rich. She couldn't say no"

"Wow, for you...I wouldn't piss him off"

"Like he would care, he and I...we will never meet in person"

"Didn't you have a huge crush and try to stalk him before?"

"Since when did that get thrown into the discussion? And it wasn't stalking. I just watched from far away, it's not like I know his every move"

"LOL, ok Key...I gotta go, I need to do homework... you math!"

"Ok, love ya Min!"

"Love ya to Key, seeya tomorrow!"

Key put down his phone. Key and Minho didn't have any relationship, they were that close. Key rolled off his bed and landed on his . He laughed at his purposeful roll. He stood up and walked over to his desk and continued to write in his planner.

Jonghyun, well he wasn't nothing like Key.

"Jonghyun! You cheated!"

"I did not! I clearly beat you!"

Jonghyun and his younger sister were playing a racing game in the living room. A figure appeared out of the kitchen window, she smiled and continued to slice an apple.

"Jong! Stop! That's cheating!"

"How is using a power-up on you cheating!"

"It's illegal!" His sister crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm not playing anymore"

"Ok, you asked me to play...sore loser"

"Mom!"

"Hara, your brother clearly won. Don't argue"

"But I hate to lose" She stood up and stomped her foot on the ground. "Why?"

"What honey?"

Jonghyun sat on the couch, simply enjoying his pissed off sister.

"It's Always About Kim Jonghyun!" She pointed at Jonghyun. "Why can't it be about Kim Hara!"

"Honey, thats not true...I love both of you equally" Her mom protested. "Jonghyun, remember you have to go to the rec center tomorrow"

Jonghyun sighed and nodded. "I know, why do I have to go?"

"You need volunteer work to graduate high-school. Plus, other kids from the school work there"

"Like who?" Jonghyun walked over to the pass through.

She stopped slicing the apples. "Let me get the list, see if you know any" She ran off somewhere out of Jonghyun's sight. A couple seconds later she returned. She took a small paper and slided it to Jonghyun.

"Ok lets see er~" Jonghyun walked back over to the couch and fell into the seat. His sister appeared next to him and rested her head on his shoulder and looked as well.

"Jung Kai....Kim Key....Choi Minho...." Jonghyun frowned. "I don't know- Well, Kai and I were lab partners once"

"Oh! Was that when you finally got your first A?" Hara asked trying to egg him on.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and pushed Hara away. He placed the list on the pass through. "So, who's the guy who will be showing me around?'

His mother scanned the list. "Kim Key" She finished eating a apple slice. "Kim....Oh you don't think its the Kim we just hired do you?"

Jonghyun shook his head. "Kim Key...its a guy's name, you said we hired an middle-aged woman"

Mother bopped her own head. "Oh right, sometimes I get dumb"

"Not sometimes" Hara confessed watching T.V.

"Kim Hara, go do your homework" Her mother demanded.

"Mom!"

She gave Hara a sternful look. Hara quickly ran up the stairs to her room.

"You got homework to honey?"

Jonghyun shook his head. "Nah, I get it all done in school"

"Apple?" She held an apple slice on a knife. Jonghyun took the apple and took it to his mouth and chewed.

"Pluf, I haf a tufor"

"Honey, no talking with food in your mouth"

Jonghyun swallowed the apple. He rolled his eyes and walked back over to the stairs.

"No friends tonight?"

"Nah, I can finally be alone..." He opened up his arms and felt the empty leather couch.

"You should tell them Honey" His came in the living room with almost a platter of apples.

"Tell them what?"

"That your going to work at the rec center" She took an apple slice. "Maybe a friend or two will join and you won't be lonely"

Jonghyun shook his head. "Nah, I'll just befriend the three already signed up"

His mom eyed the clock. "Don't stay up to late honey, Dad will be home tomorrow" She walked up the stairs then looked down on Jonghyun.

"Honey, soon enough...not now...but soon" She whispered to herself.

Jonghyun cuddled up to the pillow and put in a horror movie. He sighed and pressed play. He noticed the light on, he walked over to the light switch and turned it off.

After the movie was over, Jonghyun slowly crept up the stairs. Then stopped.

"The door" Jonghyun simply said. He scratched his head then walked back down the stairs. He went over to the door and locked it. He had enough energy to run up the stairs. Music blasted from Hara's room.

Jonghyun sighed and walked over to her door, he knocked. A head popped out of the door.

"Yes?" Hara asked.

"Turn it down, Mom and I need to sleep"

Hara smiled and nodded. She started to close the door. Jonghyun stopped it.

"What now?"

"Go to bed soon"

"You are the one to talk, why aren't you in bed"

"Cut the back-talk and just get to bed" Jonghyun closed her door and walked over to his.

He twisted the handle and pushed the door open, he quietly closed it and climbed into the bed. He fell asleep not long after.

Key, he was still awake.

Key stared at his laptop screen. He was watching the new episode of Music Bank.

"Wow! Girls Generation is just so Jjang!"

His phone started to vibrate. He looked at it, it read...'Time for bed Kim Key!'

He paused the video and climbed into the bed, he reached for the lamp switch and turned it off. He fell sighed and stared at the pitch black room.

"Kim Key, You will do your best to make this new guy excel in work! Fighting!"

------------------

Hope you enjoyed!

Read this, my new story!!

Neptune [M]