Is he stalking me?

Nerd vs Jock, The Ultimate Battle

Key dropped his backpack on the floor near the door. He closed it.

"Hey honey" His mom appeared from the kitchen.

"Hi mom" He sighed and walked into the kitchen. He eyed the watermelon, he took a piece and ate it.

"How was the rec center? You get along with Kim Jonghyun"

"Somewhat, somehow we have a battle"

"What do you mean? Did you get into another fight, did he call you !?"

Key shook his head quickly. "M-mom! No! We have a bet"

"Oh, about what?"

"Which one of us can impress the kids more, then after a couple weeks they choose who they like the most"

“Why would you want to bet on something like that honey?” His mom scraped the rest of the watermelons into a plastic container and placed it into the fridge.

“I don’t know, he kept asking. But don’t worry mom, Key, never loses”

Key smiled and ran back towards the door and turned to go up the stairs.

“Honey, I think we should go out to eat tonight”

“Okay, let me change out of my uniform and we can go”

“Honey, when I mean us, I mean-“

“Another guy?” Key sighed and shaked his head. “You guys can go without me then; I’ll order pizza for myself”

“Honey, I’ve been talking to this guy for a couple weeks. Please, at least meet him” His mom begged.

Key sighed; he wished he wasn’t this easy. “Fine, but don’t expect me to be nice”

His mom smiled and walked back into the kitchen. He shook his head and continued upstairs.

As soon as he got into his room he took out his phone. He went over to his desk and sat down, he pressed play on the Music Bank performance that he paused this morning.

He looked for Kai’s number.

“Hey Kai”

“Hey, whats up?”

“I got to go meet my mom’s ‘friend’”

“Wow, for you. You want company, im dying to get out of this house”

“I’ll ask my mom”

He put down his phone and opened his door, his mother came up the stairs.

“Mom?”

“Yes sweetie?”

“Since I agreed to going, can I bring Kai?”

“Sure sweetie” His mother smiled and walked into her room.

Key cheered quietly and walked back into his room.  He picked up his phone, but didn’t text. He couldn’t take his eyes off the new rookie group. Hello Venus.

So Cool, Boo, So Good, Boo. I’m your Venus~“

Key blinked his eyes and looked down at his phone. He started texting.

“Kai, she said it was okay”

“Sweet, pick me up? Or should I meet you there”

“We’ll pick you up”

“Ok, seeya later”

“Bye, Love ya!”

“Bye, Love ya to!”

Key put the phone down and clicked the left side of his mouse. The video paused. He grabbed his phone and stuffed it into his pocket. He went over to a box, his money box. He slid his hand under the mat that was below his dresser and a key appeared into his hand, he rose back to the box. He opened it; the box was filled with money, all bills. He dug through it, $10, $20, $50, $100….so many bills. He took out a few $1’s and closed it back up, then locked it and slid the key under his mat.

“Mom! I’m ready!” Key said as he turned the light switch off to his room. He closed his door.

“Ok, honey. I’ll be out in a minute. Can you drive?”

“Sure” Key figured his mom had to put extra make-up in the car.

After waiting for a few minutes in the car, his mom appeared.

“So, are we picking him up?” He said as she got into the car.

“No, he is going to meet us there. I’m so excited, he is a nice guy. You’ll like him”

“Well, we got to pick up Kai first”

His mom nodded and stared out the window. After arriving at Kai’s place, he ran out fast.

Kai took the backseat. “Hello Mrs. Kim”

“Hello sweetie”

“So, where are we going?”

“Just take a right turn, then its straight down” His mom answered.

Key did as he was told. Kai stared out the window, the mom continued to lather herself in makeup.

“So, who’s the guy Mrs. Kim?” Kai asked when they all pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant.

“His name is Jay Park, or Park Jaebom”

Key rolled his eyes. “Let’s go” He unbuckled his seat belt and got out. Kai and his mother followed.

“Honey, can you get us a table. I need to use the bathroom” His mother asked.

“Sure, 4 people right?”

“Yes sweetie, see you in a minute” She ran off to the bathroom.

Key and Kai approached the server.

“Welcome to ShinDong. How many?”

“There will be 4”

“Ok, right this way” The woman said as he grabbed 4 menus. She led Key and Kai down to a booth. “Your waiter will be with you in a moment, enjoy your stay” She smiled and left.

“You don’t seem happy” Kai answered.

Key shook his head. “I’m not; I wish she would never date guys”

“Key, your mother needs to find happiness. What would, and how would, you feel if your mother didn’t like you dating someone?”

“Fine, you make a good point”

“Excuse me?”

A tall, muscled guy approached the two students.

“Can we help you?”

“Are you Key?”

“Yes”

“Hi I’m Jay Park” He looked at the table, noticing Key’s mother absence.  “Where’s your mom?’

“B-Bathroom” Key said as he silently gritted his teeth. Kai nudged his side, Key stopped.

“And who’s this?”

“My friend”

Jay held out his hand. “Nice to meet you”

Kai shook it. “You too”

Key’s mother arrived. “Hello Jay”

Jay turned around, and was surprised to see such a beautiful woman standing in front of him.

“Wow, Sooyoung. You look magnificent”

The waitress came over. Jay and Sooyoung sat across from Key and Kai.

“Welcome, my name is Sunny. What can I get you guys to drink?”

Key answered first. “I’ll have a Coke”

Kai next. “Same thing” He rested his hand around Key’s shoulder.

Jay and Sooyoung answered at the same time. “Coffee” They both exchanged short and lively laughs. Key eyed them.

“I will be out with those right away”

Key’s eyes widened. “Mom, you know what I want right? Good…Kai lets go to the game room”

“B-but she doesn’t know what I want?” Key gave Kai a look. Kai quickly gave his order. “G-get me what Key gets”

Key smiled and dragged Kai off.

“Key, let’s play this” Kai answered as they entered the game room.

“I can’t believe it”

“What?”

“Guess who’s here?”

Kai gave Key a confused look. “Who?”

“Want a hint? Tall, just joined us today-“

“Jonghyun? Where I don’t see him”

“He’s right there” Key pointed towards a tall, muscular man sitting with a group of guys and girls.

Kai nodded. “So? Maybe it’s a coincidence”

“I think he’s stalking me”

Kai couldn’t help but smile. “Key, why would Jonghyun. The most popular guy in school, be stalking you?”

“How should I know, how bout you ask him?”

“Key, just calm down, let’s go say hi” Kai grabbed Key’s hand. Key quickly protested by gripping a game. “Key let go!”

“No!”

“If you don’t let go I-“

Key lost his grip; he fell right on top of Kai. They were very close. To close.

----------------

Hope you enjoyed

What Key will do if you don't comment and subscribe*Kidding....Maybe*  ^-^