Eyes Open

Nerd vs Jock, The Ultimate Battle

Jonghyun didn't dare leave Key's side if he didn't need to, the only time he left was for school and the bathroom, and to shower.

Jonghyun finished in the bathroom, he zipped up his pants and went out. Someone he never expected to be there, was there.

"Seo?"

She turned around. "Jonghyun?....What are you doing here?"

"I need you to leave please" Jonghyun pointed towards the door. "Now"

Seo pouted her lips and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why? I don't want to"

Jonghyun sighed and groaned. "How did you even get here?"

"I have my ways" Seo answered.

----------[Flashback]

Seo came walking into the 10th hospital. She seemed to have followed Jonghyun and Key in the ambulance, but lost the ambulance while driving. She suspected this to also be the wrong hospital, but forced herself to keep going.

"Hello, is someone by the name of Kim Key here?"

"Yes"

Seo plan was a sucessful. "Can I go see him"

"Sorry, he is in a critical state. Only family and friends are allowed"

"I'm his friend" Seo said, she was lying. She hated Key, she just wanted to see his wound and smile at it and say good job.

"Let me call someone real quick Miss" The clerk left the office and came back a few minutes later. "Sorry, your not allowed in. Have a nice day"

Seo sighed and nodded. She started to walk, then quickly turning and running down the hall toward the elevator. She heard screams and shouting coming from behind her. She pressed the elevator button and wished it would open faster, when it did she saw the security guards in sight. They were running as fast as they could. She pressed a random number and the door closed before the security guards could make it.

"ers" She said as she exited the elevator. "Now, lets see...where would Key be"

----------------[End Flashback]

Jonghyun went over to Key's side. "Please go"

"I have per-"

"Go!" Jonghyun shouted.

"Why!? Why is everything about this kid!?" She started. "Why can't you know! I like you! You have to like me! Key! It's all about Key! It should be about Seo Kyung!"

Jonghyun was surprised with what she said but it didn't faze him one bit. "Go, or I will call security"

Seo eyed the sleeping Key. "Listen here Jonghyun, if you won't love me. I will make sure I make both of your lives a living hell" She stomped out of room.

"There she is!" A security guard screamed.

"Uh-Oh! AH!!!!!!" Seo said as she ran off.

Jonghyun watched as 5 security guards ran past the door.

"Ok....." Jonghyun said as he turned around. He smiled when he saw Key. He his cheek and sat down next to him. "Key, I won't let anyone harm you"

-----------------------

Kai paced around his room. "Ok, maybe...maybe he's okay, should I go check. No...Jonghyun is watching him, Jonghyun...." He slamed his fist on his desk. "Ok....Ow"

Kai sighed and fell onto his bed. His view was focused on the picture of the both of them. Key was giving the peace sign, Kai was smiling. Kai picked up the picture and examined it, he remembered something from a long time ago.

----------------------[Flashback]

Key finished putting the photo into the slots. Kai was busy with his video game.

"Ok, Kai look"

Kai turned around. "What?"

"In here, in this photo, is a secret. Open it when I leave, okay?" Key asked.

Kai nodded. "Sure"

Key stood up and sat down next to him, he smiled and grabbed the other controller.

-----------------[End Flashback]

Kai quickly grabbed the picture and opened it up, a note fell out. Kai looked at the note, his mouth immediately dropped. He knew this was from a long time ago, like 9th grade but he couldn't help but smile.

The Note Read: Kai.....I love you

The note was in red ink, Kai smile turned into a frown, he never seen this before. If he did he would be with Key, he swore and tossed the note up in the air.

"Kai, he likes Jonghyun now...it's no use...plus, you couldn't do that to Key. He doesn't love you anymore" Kai said to himself.

Kai picked up the note, he decided to put it back in the picture frame.

------------------

Jonghyun kept staring at Key, he was worried. It was the third day without Key opening his eyes, he quickly thought that Key was in a coma. He called the doctors down, they examined him.

"Mr. Kim, don't worry the drug we used on him lasts for a couple days. If he was in a coma his heartbeat would be decreasing"

Jonghyun nodded and watched the doctor leave. He noticed a part of Key's , he quickly looked away.

Jonghyun reached out, but pulled back. "No Jonghyun, you can't" He dug his head into his hands.

Key's eyes flickered. He started to moan, Jonghyun looked up.

"Key! Key!" Jonghyun said as he pushed Key's body.

Key moved his body away from the grip like what a student would do to stay in bed when his mother wanted him to get up. Jonghyun noticed Key's once again, he grabbed Key and pushed him on the bed, covering his .

"Jonghyun"

Jonghyun looked over. "Oh hi Min, hey Taemin"

The two nodded and entered the room.

"How is he?" Minho asked examining Key.

"Still sleeping, doc said that he may wake today or tomorrow"

Minho wrapped his left arm around Taemin's waist. Jonghyun envied Minho, he wish he could do that to Key. Taemin rested his head on Minho's shoulder.

"Hyung, I'm going to get some food im hungry, do you want anything Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun shook his head. "I'm good"

"Taemin get three sandwhiches"

Taemin nodded and left the room.

"I told you I was fine"

Minho pointed towards your stomach. It groaned, wanting food. "That doesn't seem to agree with you"

Taemin returned a couple minuntes later with the sandwhiches. Taemin gave Minho one, he took the other and placed it on the little table, knowing Jonghyun wouldn't eat it right now.

"Jonghy-"

Jonghyun gasped. This was because of one thing.

Eyes opened.

---------------------

Hope you enjoyed, Comment and Subscribe