Shy...I think not!

Nerd vs Jock, The Ultimate Battle

Key stared out the window. He sighed.

Someone nudged his arm. He looked over, Kai smiled. He smiled back.

After the class ended, so did school. Key packed up his binder in his backpack and walked out of the room.

Key and Kai met Minho at the front of school.

"Hey, ready?"

Key noticed a small figure behind Minho, he smiled. "Hey Taemin"

Taemin popped his head out from behind Minho. "H-hello"

"Min, how bout you bring Taemin home. Then meet us at the rec center" Key asked.

"Alright, come on Taemin" Minho grabbed Taemin wrist and dragged him off to his car.

"Wow, smart move Key" Kai said.

"They are just so cute together" Key squealed and smiled.

Kai wrapped his right arm around Key's waist and the two of them skipped to Key's car.

Jonghyun caught sight of the two. He smiled and decided to follow them.

Key started his car, so did Jonghyun. 

In the car with Key, Kai was looking through his cd's.

"SNSD, Secret, 2ne1, B.A.P, Exo-K, oh my! That guy looks just like me!" He was referring to a guy on the Exo-K  album.

"He has the same name as you, Kai"

"See, my name is popular"

Key turned and drove down the street. He pressed a button on his radio, SNSD's Genie started playing.

Kai leaned back in his seat and stared out the window. He looked over at Key.

"So, Min and I are going to the mall tomorrow. He probably will be bring Taemin, so you wanna come with?"

"How long you planning on staying for, I need to be at the rec center at 3pm"

"Well, we will get there around 9am, when it opens, and then you can leave at 3pm" Kai answered.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow"

Kai nodded. He noticed something in the rear view mirror.

"Key, look behind us"

"Why? I'm busy driving"

"Fine, don't look"

Key wanted to know what he was talking about. When he came to a red light he turned, his mouth dropped. A car was behind him, and not just any car. It was Jonghyun's.

Jonghyun was singing along to B.A.P's Warrior. He leaned back when he stopped at a red light. He noticed a head peering at him. His eyes widened, he waved. The figure waved back.

He smiled. His phone started to vibrate, he opened it without bringing it to his ear. Which was speaker phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, honey. It's mom, are you at the rec center yet?"

"Almost"

"Good, I will see you when you get home" She hung up. Jonghyun closed his phone and pressed the pedal when the light turned green.\

After following Key for a while, they finally arrived at the rec center. Jonghyun pulled in the spot next to Key's.

"Hey stalker" Key said as he came over to Jonghyun's car.

"I didn't know where to go" Jonghyun put his phone in his pocket and stretched. A little portion of his lower chest showed. Key took notice of that, but only for a quick sec. But Jonghyun noticed his gaze. He slowly lowered his hands.

"Well, lets go. Kai, can you sign us in" Key asked.

Kai nodded and walked in first. Jonghyun and Key followed behind.

"Ok, there are 5 kids. 3 guys, 2 girls"

Jonghyun nodded. "Ok, and their names?"

"They will introduce themselves" Key answered.

Key pushed open the door and held it for Jonghyun to walk in.

"When we are not here, Kai, Minho and I, You are the one to take responsibilty"

"What do I do? Bring them to the pool?"

Key shook his head. "It is rare we are all not present. If it does happen, pretend like it's a regular day"

Jonghyun nodded. "And, Minho. Tall guy, very tall?"

"Yeah, he usually comes Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I am present most days. Kai is here Monday through Friday"

"And me?" Jonghyun asked.

"Same as Kai, just your here sundays as well" 

Jonghyun nodded. "Ok, so I have the same day's as you?"

"Yeah, fun" Key joked. 

"What time do the kids get here?" Jonghyun asked as they entered a room full of little kid toys.

"They arrive at 3:00-3:30. But usually I'm out there with Kai to greet them"

Jonghyun leaned on the closest wall. "So, your very popular here?"

Key ran his finger over the Wii. "Yeah, they love me"

"Well, you should better be prepared to be in second place. I can bet you, they will love me more than you"

"Slow your pace, pretty boy. I don't do bets, unless its for video games which I usually win, plus-"

"You may say they like you better, but I can bet you. They will love me"

Key rolled his eyes. Kai entered the room, with Minho.

"Key?" Minho asked as he sat down on the couch. 

"Yeah?"

"Can Tae-"

"Yes, he can come to the mall. and why are you asking? I'm not the one who set this 'date' up"

Minho nodded and picked up a clipboard. "I'll go out today" Minho got up and left the room. 

Kai walked over to Key.

"So you two are dating?" Jonghyun asked Key and Kai.

Both of them were shocked. "What?" They both said at the same time.

"Well, not to be mean, but some people think you guys are dating"

Kai and Key looked at each other. Key and Kai both let out a small chuckle.

"Jong, Kai and I are just friends. Where did this rumor come from?"

"A girl said she saw you and Kai holding hands while walking to class"

"We always do that, it's just skinship" Kai answered.

"I have no feelings for him that way" Key added.

Jonghyun nodded. "I'll be sure to let people know the truth"

"That'll be good" Key said. He heard screams and laughter coming from the halls outside the room. "Here they come, you ready Jonghyun?"

"Of course" Jonghyun said with high hopes. Boy was he in for a handfull.

"Key! Get this kid off me!" Jonghyun pleaded as a 10 year old boy clinged to Jonghyun's ankle.

Key looked over and smirked. "That is Ren, he is a hugger. As you can see"

"Key Hyung, who is this?" A girl asked as she finished eating her baggie of animal crackers.

"Taeyeon, this is Jonghyun. He is our new worker, treat him like you would treat us k?"

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. "Everyone! Lets give a group hug to Jonghyun"

Jonghyun's eyes widened. "Oh Fu-" The kids piled onto Jonghyun. "Key! Help me!"

The kids let a outburst of laughter.

"Kai, can you go get the juice packs from the fridge. Min, help Jonghyun"

After prying the kids off Jonghyun. Jonghyun started breathing heavily.

Key walked over and sat down next to Jonghyun. "You okay?"

Jonghyun gave Key the 'are you kidding' look. 

"I'll take that as a no" Key started fidgeting. "Just another 20 minutes then you can go" Key patted Jonghyun on the back and stood up. He walked off towards Taeyeon. 

Jonghyun stared at Key's as he walked over. He blinked quickly and shaked his head. 'Jonghyun what are you looking at?' He said to himself. He brought his view back to the kids. When they were worn out and tired, like they were now, they were so cute.

Kai walked back into the room after fetching some other stuff. He held a few bags of donuts holes.

"Hey guys" Kai answered. Everyone's eyes turned to Kai. The kids ran to him.

"Hyung, are those for us!"

"Oppa! I want some!"

Kai placed the donut holes on the table. "You only get a couple, take a seat at the table" Kai opened the first box of donuts, the kids cheered for the donuts. After they were soothed with a couple donuts the parents came and retrieved each of the kids.

"Well, can I go or do I have to stay?" Jonghyun asked.

Key shook his head. "No, you can go seeya tomorrow"

Minho and Kai left a few earlier. Key was packing up the toys and systems. Jonghyun just walked out but looked back, he sighed. He walked back in.

"You forget something?" Key asked.

"Do you need help?" Jonghyun asked.

Key shook his head. "No, I'll be-" Just then he accidently dropped the box of toys. He crouched and started to place them back in the box. Jonghyun walked over and helped him. Key made sure to steer clear of Jonghyun's hand, not wanting to experience the moment that happened with Taemin and Minho. After successfully putting the toys away and into the closet. Key sighed and wiped his hands on his jeans.

"Thanks Jonghyun" Key added.

Jonghyun smiled. "Need help with anything else?"

"No, I'm good. Im going to head home"

Key started for the door.

"Key?"

He turned around Jonghyun was leaning on the wall. 

"Yes?"

"Remember the bet, it's on"

"What?"

"Jock vs Nerd, Ultimate Battle" Jonghyun paused. "Battle for the kids heart"

Key gave Jonghyun a look. "Really? Jock vs Nerd? Ultimate Battle?"

Jonghyun nodded. "Yeah, the winner gets anything they want from the other person"

Key looked at Jonghyun with a look. "Fine, The bet is on. Prepare to lose Jonghyun"

"May the best person win" Jonghyun added.

-------------------

 

Read my new Story! Neptune [M]

Short, but I hope you enjoyed...Comment and Subscribe