Library Love TOP/GD Oneshot

GD⊤ One Shots

“You’ll study with me? Really?” He asked, quite shocked. 
 
“Of course! That’s what friends do right?”
 
oh right.. friends
 
“Come on! We need to go to the library to get good seats! It’s always crowded around this time and I’ll need a output to charge my Lappy!” 
 
She walks ahead of him, her shorter legs make it easy for him to effortlessly move to keep up with her. 
 
She turns back to smile at him… making his heartbeat quicken just a bit. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
He started to join her at the library from that day onwards, always sitting opposite her if he can. If not, a table away where she still can see him. 
 
Bttzzz
 
He quickly took out his handphone from his pocket.
 
"From ______ 
 
Seat’s free! Come Over!! ;)"
 
He looks up, to see her gesturing to him to come over. 
 
“Quickly!” She mouths, placing her pencil case on the other side of the table to help him save the seat. 
 
He gladly moves. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
It takes him 2 weeks to ask her to join him for dinner after the library closes. They would just part ways at the exit, going to their respective dorms, but this time...
 
“Ummm, I’m feeling a bit peckish… wanna—"
 
“grab a bite? We haven’t had dinner! Let’s go!” She hooks her arm with his. “How does cafe 845 sound?” 
 
Her smile and arm in his is enough for him to agree although he didn’t really like the pasta there. He could always get a sandwich instead. Maybe tomorrow they could go to that Chinese place down the street from the cafe.
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Studying and Dinner becomes a routine they fix… one that rarely changes. 
 
“When are you going to officially ask her out?” His friends ask.
 
“Has he officially asked you yet?” Her friends ask her. 
 
“I’m getting there.” He answers. 
 
“Soon, I hope… I really like him.” She replies. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
“Are you free on Saturday?” Her neat cursive script is passed to him on a piece of paper. 
 
“Study?” He mouths. 
 
She smiles shyly, shaking her head. She opens her wallet and brings out 2 tickets. Tickets to a concert that is sold out. 
 
“Deal?” She sticks out her hand for him to accept her invitation. 
 
He lifts his hand to shake hers, but stops midway; she looks questioningly. 
 
“Date?” He mouths with a mischievous gleam in his eye. 
 
A nice rosy colour colours her cheeks, and she looks away. Her hand almost withdrawing but he quickly takes it and shakes it. 
 
“Date.” 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
He waits outside her lecture theatre. He is not supposed to be there — he needs to be at the library reserving seats for both of them. 
 
It’s a Friday… she wouldn’t mind right? 
 
The students come rushing out — she’s struggling to place her water bottle in her bag while balancing her laptop in her arm. He plucks the laptop out of her hands, holding it for her. 
 
She looks up at him, smiling in thanks. 
 
“Whya here? There won’t be space left!” 
 
“Maybe we can skip studying today? Go catch a movie or something?” 
 
She looks at him for a moment, as if studying his face… before she break into a grin.
 
“okay, how about that action movie you were talking about yesterday!” 
 
“Really? how about that chick flick you wanted to watch?” 
 
“neh, I know you won’t enjoy that… Come on! Let’s go before the good seats run out!” She grabs his arm, pulling him through the crowd.
 
Somehow or another, her hand slips down his arm and he grasps at her hand, interlocking their fingers together. 
 
She looks back at him, shyly, but with a smile as they continue to walk to the metro. 
 
Looking down at their interlock fingers, life seemed perfect to him. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
He was so mad... mad wasn't the word to describe it. He knew it was just a certain green eyed monster creeping up on Him but He couldn't help it. She was just siting there so innocently, waving her pen in the air as she thought about what to write. Didn't she know that the whole library was looking at her? Didn't she know that the beside her has dropped his pen one too many times for it to be an accident?
 
"you okay?" She looked up to find Him staring at her and gave Him a small smile, mouthing her concern.
 
He smiled back, quickly turning back to His work.

started packing and He is glad to see him leave. That is until slipped her his number with a wink. She frowned but just walked away smugly. She looked at the slip of paper, shaking her head before tearing it up. She gave Him a shrug and a smile before turning back to her work.

It soothed the green eyed monster in Him. But He still would love to give a high-5.

In the face.

 
With a chair.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
He slips her the book, casually continuing to write. From the corner of his eye, he sees her flip to place he bookmarked, reading it quickly. 
 
It was the scene where the male character was finally asking the female character.
 
She flips the page and saw his post-it, underneath that one line.
 
“Will you be my girlfriend?” 
-----------------------------
|  “if you will have me?”   |
-----------------------------
She looks up… He’s looking at her hopefully, but with the worry of rejection at the edge of his eyes. 
 
She starts to giggle, but her tears of joy seep through while she nods her affirmation. 
 
He quickly stands, pulling her into his arms, swinging her around just a bit as she repeats “yes”. 
 
They hear clapping from the tables around them. 
 
“About time man!” They hear someone shout while they just laugh it off, her hiding her face in his chest. 
 
“Ahem… Although i do agree, this IS a library… So let’s bring back the silence.” The kindly librarian teasingly adds as everyone goes back to doing their work and she walks past the happy couple. “But good job.” 
 
They sit back down… but their hands stay intertwined on the table. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Their story remained one for the books… just like any of the romances you can find in the library.