Debts and Rings ... TOP Oneshot

GD⊤ One Shots
Your POV
 
"Open Up Seunghyun!! Open Up before I wake all your neighbours!" I pounded on the door.
 
"Crap Babe, Why are you here in the middle of the night?" Seunghyun opened the door, hand running through his tossed hair, shirtless with only his pajamas pants on.
 
I pushed past him and walked into the living room, pacing up and down.. trying to control all my emotions.
 
"What's this?" I questioned, holding up the bank statement in my hand as he walked into the living room.
 
"Wha-- How did you get that?"
 
"How long has this being going on? You've been supplying my university funds? Through my Mum for the last 3 and a half years?!"
 
"Bab--"
 
"You know how much I hate accepting money from any one! I may be poor, but I can afford my own things, Thank You Very Much." I shoved the bank statement to his chest before I started to pace up and down again.
 
"You entered your mum's bank account?"
 
"Yes! If not how would I find out that it's not her funding me?! If the idiotic people in the Uni didn't point out that a maid doesn't earn enough to fund a university girl, I would have never even realised. How smart you are Choi SeungHyun!" My volume raised sentence by sentence.
 
"It was an act of kindness."
 
"So? You decided to play hero?! How many times do you want me to tell you that I can take care of myself? ... she asked you for the money didn't she?"
 
"Nothing's more important to Aunty and Me than your studies!! Can't you just accept it and worry about your damn pride later?! You can just show me your gratitude next time!"
 
He did not just say that!
 
"So she did ask you for the money didn't she? There's no way she won't realised the huge jump in her bank and just left it if you did it in secret. So you are all Mr Hero now huh? And for once, I actually thought I was worth something." I poked him square in the chest, before turning to walk away.
 
"Wait! You're just going to walk out?  Can't you let me explain? I have no say?" He stepped infront of me.
 
"No! You don't! Not after what you've done! You can just stand there with your mouth shut and wallet closed!" I sensed he was going to say something else and held up my hand.
 
"I have exams," I said, with a very credible attempt at being calm. "Right now I feel like my brain is liquefying which is kind of inconvenient timing."
 
"Besides which, it turns out I'm an investment of yours and if you want the best pay off you need to let me go coagulate in peace, allow me to do well for my exams to get a high paying job." I smiled, my voice dripping with sarcasm.
 
I side stepped passed him and he didn't stop me this time. I opened the door, but was stopped by his low voice.
 
"You're not an investment _____, You're my girlfriend"
 
I couldn't respond to that, so I walked out of the apartment, shutting the door firmly behind me....
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
Author's POV
 
Her exams were down to the last two and she was in the study room with Chae Min, her roommate.
 
Zzztttt Zzztttt.
 
"Number how many in the last 2 hours?"
 
"2 for my mum, 4 - Now 5 for Seunghyun" she threw her phone to the other table, away from where she was.
 
Jiyong, Chae Min's boyfriend and Seunghyun's band leader entered the apartment and joined them in the study.
 
"Hi Ji." she acknowledged him before totally focusing back on her stuff.
 
"So you haven't even turned it off?" He asked and she twisted round to look at him in surprise.
 
"What?"
 
"Your phone." Jiyong pointed one of his fingers at the phone lying at the corner table "So it's not as if you don't know he's calling you."
 
She turned back to her notes, ignoring what Jiyong had said.
 
"You know he's going out of his mind, you know he wants to talk to you about it, but you're just ignoring him? What the 's that about, huh? Some sort of power trip? You found out he'd tried to help you and now you're punishing him?" JiYong's voice raised.
 
"Hey... Let's let them sort out their own problem themselves okay?" Chae Min tried to ease the situation.
 
"Easy for you to say," He growled, not taking his eyes off her. "He has everything in his life but only wants her but then she," he jabbed a finger at her this time, "turns around and-"
 
"Out!" Chae Min gave his arm a massive tug, her expression hardening.
 
"You don't get to come in here and talk to her like that. This is her room, not yours."
 
"Yeah? And who's paying for it?"
 
It was like he'd smacked her clear across the face. She felt smaller than a mouse, shivering in its hole.
 
"It's okay Chae, He's right... i deserve it." She said quietly, dropping her pen on the table.
 
"Good that You know it!" Jiyong huffed before turning around to leave the room. Chae Min came and gave her shoulder a squeeze before following out the door to do some explaining.
 
She could hear their voices from the living room, quarreling about her and Seunghyun.
 
She dropped her head into her hands, sighing.
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
She walked out of the lift lobby, only to see Seunghyun leaning on the wall at the side of her door. His head immediately snapped up when he sensed someone and she stood frozen to the ground.
 
"Your exams are over right? You've had a good stable mind to sit for them right? Good. Cause now, I wanna talk to you."
 
Unable to even say anything against that, she walked by him to open the door. The couple then stepped into the apartment, She put her stuff down while SeungHyun watched her every move.
 
She quietly sat down on her sofa, avoiding his eyes. She knew she over-reacted, she knew she could have approached the situation differently. Knowing that she had hurt him so bad did break her heart.. but at the same time, she was too prideful about it. 
 
SeungHyun sighed, sitting down beside her, sinking into the sofa. 
 
"I don't even know where to start because it's as if no matter what I say… you're just not going to listen." He ran his fingers through his hair. "but i'll just start from the beginning."
 
She sat there, face in neutral state, emotions running haywire. She missed him so much the last 2 weeks. Not having him around was like missing a peice of herself. She didn't feel whole. She shut everything about him down, the radio, the news, social media. He was distracting her even when he wasn't there.
 
"I saw Aunty staring at your university bills during year 1 one day when she was in the kitchen. She never thought that what she had saved would not be enough, with all the things that you were doing. Your scholarship helped, of course. But when Uncle passed... " He turned to look at her for a moment. "You know how things went down."
 
"How could I not help? She refused, of course, not wanting to take money from her boss' son. But I told her you could always return me your uni funds next time, that it'll be better if you can finish your studies and get a good job, especially with how smart you are and how hard you work." He leaned back on the chair, eyes closed.
 
"I didn't give her a chance to reject me, transfering the money to her bank account immediately the next day. And once every month after that. Yes, i've been funding you even before we even got together. And no, i never had any alterior motive aside from wanting you to graduate and leave the house." He answered the questions he knew she was dying to ask.
 
" And then things changed between us because I realised that I had been lying to myself all this time, saying that I always hated you for being in the house when in actual fact I loved having you around but hated what you do to me. You don't even have the slightest idea what you do to me." He puffed. "You're everywhere. Everything i do, i see, i rap, i sing, is all linked to you, no matter how out-of-the-world it sounds. But you're just you, and you never saw how much you affected me. You still don't, even now."
 
He sighed again, eyes closed, waiting for a reaction from her.
 
For once, she was totally speechless. There was nothing she could say that could ever refute whatever he just explained. He was perfect, kind and caring. Most of all, she knew he loved her. 
 
"I-i-i'm" She stuttered, trying to get the correct words out. He opened his eyes, staring at her expectantly, hope gleamed in his eyes.
 
"I-i'm going to pay you back for every cent."
SeungHyun sighed at that, 'back to square 1", he thought.
 
"Because it's the right thing to do." She turned to face him. "But I also hope that you can forgive me. I know what you did was done with good intentions, and I've been unreasonable."
 
A smile slowly crept on SeungHyun's face.
 
----------------------------------------
 
She crept back into his room. He was sprawled out, top without a shirt, the sheets bunched at his waist. She giggled a bit before crawling up the bed, over him.
 
"Babe... wake up!" She shook him a little. "Oppa.."
 
" mmm... Am I in heaven?" SeungHyun stirred  His eyes barely opened, teasing her.
 
She laughed and smacked him on the chest lightly. She reached into a pocket, grabbing the round, flat object.
 
"Come on. Look at me! I have something to give you!"
 
"Okay okay." SeungHyun held her up, arranging himself so that he was leaning on the pillow on the headrest and she was sitting across his lap. "What is it?"
 
She smiled and brought out her closed fist to him.
 
"Happy Birthday!"
 
He looked at her, confused. He slowly opened up her palm to find a ₩100 coin in the middle of it. He picked it up, looking at it like a specimen.
 
"Babe, I love you... you know I do. But why would you give me a coin?"
 
"It's significant!" She huffed a little, slighty disappointed he didn't know what it meant "Remember when I said I would return you every single cent?"
 
"uh huh" He nodded slowly, as she leaned up to have her lips right at his ear.
 
"That's the last of it." She whispered, smiling. "Which means, I don't owe you a single thing anymore! We're free! Well, at least I am!"
 
She sat back up and smiled, waiting for a reaction from him. When he seemed slightly stunned, she tugged on his arm.
 
"Do you like your present? Say something Oppa..."
 
A sudden smile appeared on his handsome face and he leaned forward, his lips capturing hers in a heated kiss.
 
"That just for a coin?" She giggled when they broke apart. 
 
"Of course not! You've one more present for me!" 
 
"Sorry? I'm not sure..." Her words trailed off as he reached for the bedside table, pulling open a drawer and taking out a small blue box. 
 
Sitting back on the bed, he opened the little box. A diamond ring sat in the middle of it, a ring that she had seen twice before.
 
The first time she saw it was after they graduated from university. It was a week after, and they were sitting at some fancy restaurant as a date to celebrate their graduation. 
 
"Babe…" His tone suddenly turned slightly serious.
 
"hmmm?" She hummed as she sipped her wine. 
 
"You know I love you right?" She nodded her affirmation. "and I was wondering if you could… you could. ahem. If you could see yourself… If you would…" 
 
"What is it Oppa?" She giggled a little bit at his nervousness.
 
"I was wondering if… if you would have me..." He opened that same blue box, inciting a gasp from her. "will you marry--"
 
"I'm sorry Oppa…" She interrupted him. "I can't, not right now." 
 
He had taken it with a good heart, understanding that she was being her practical self. She wanted to start repaying him first and wanted to start exploring the world of opportunities out there for her as he continued to walk the entertainment route. They continued on strong, except that their titles were stagnant.
 
The second time she saw it was at a park, about a year ago. 
 
She had been sitting at their usual spot, watching the children run around. It was the type of day that came once in while, an off day for her and for him. Seeing both their schedules, him running around with BIGBANG and his movies : her with her businesses - the restaurant that she opened, her mum being the manager, and the boutique that she and ChaeMin opened together, it was somewhat rare to have a full day off together.
 
He had appeared with flowers and balloons, making her laugh, thinking of him being silly sweet. But when he knelt down on one knee in front of her, blue box in hand yet again, her answer was not the one he was looking for. 
 
"My debt is not yet paid Oppa." 
 
And so, he kept the ring once more, and they had continued on their totally free day, looking for new figurines and food. She did take the chocolates home, finishing them like a bullet train and hanging the balloons in her room.
 
And once again, as they sat on the bed, the ring was infront of her.
 
"No fancy restaurants, no flowers or balloons. Just you and me." He took her hand as she fell silent. "Will you give me the honor of calling you Mrs Choi? To hold you every night and wake up to you every morning? Will you marry me?"
 
She sat silent for a while as SeungHyun's heart pounded in his ears. He was just going to let go of her hand and keep the ring for the third time when...
 
"Oh you silly man!" She pulled him into a hug. "Yes. A million times, yes" 
 
And well, let's say that the ring never had to see a box ever again.
 
==================================================
 
I'm so so so sorry. This was suppposed to be up like during christmas... but I lost my phone! and all the notes and stories that I had written! I write my stories everywhere and anyway, thus, most of my stories are kept in my phone.
 
I had to rewrite like 3 stories and I just managed to get this one done. Inspiritation does come and go real fast. 
 
I just hoped you enjoyed this oneshot! 
Please feel free to leave love/hate messages or comments for me! :)
 
Have a very belated merry xmas and a Happy New Year! 
 
Love, 
Jessi