Rose... GD OneShot

GD⊤ One Shots

Hehe ^^ This is my take on Lee Hi's Rose... With My main character being Jiyong-ssi of course :) 

=====================================================

 

"Jagiya~~ Hurry up!"

"Aish, you're so impatient! I just got back home! Give me 20 okay?" my girlfriend rushed into the room to get ready for the YG dinner.

I flopped myself on the sofa and sighed.

Hmmm... What's this?

My fingers picked up the lone rose on the table and twirled it around. No more thorns, as usual. I smiled to myself as I thought back to how a rose started it all.

Flashback

"Just one date?"

She was 17, same age as the maknae. She refused everything I did for her. Not accepting my flowers, chocolates and practically everything I did.

She looked at me in curiosity and I felt my face burn. She seemed to get where I was aiming at and her smile disappeared, making my heart drop.

"I'm sorry GDragon-ssi. I'm going have to say no to you. I would rather we stay friends. I'm not a very simple person when it comes to relationships" she said.

My heart felt like it broke into a million pieces, but looking at her, I knew there was more than meets the eye.

"Give me a chance? Just once, and I promise I will not bother you ever again if you don't enjoy yourself."

She hesitated before leaving me with a "I'll think about it". My heart leaped as I heard her and turned around to make my way back to the dorm, smiling the whole way.

I don't know what was going through her mind then, but she told me afterwards that she consulted her friend for help.

I got her positive answer when I went to pester her the next day.

"One date. Only. But I'll plan it." My insides were jumping up and down in happiness and I grabbed her hands.

"Thank You Thank You! You won't regret it!" I saw a small smile appear on her lips and I knew that I had a higher chance of winning her.

She gave me her number and I called her later in the evening to set the date. The guys were so surprised to see me so happy ever since we debuted instead of my extremely tired self.

"Jiyong-ah? Why are you so... happy?" Seunghyun hyung had asked me. I just shrugged and continued to smile.

"I won't be here tomorrow evening. Practice is cancelled for tomorrow." My smile grew even brighter when I thought of what was going to happen before walking out of the dance studio, the guys all staring at me weirdly.

I didn't have my own car that time so I had taken a cab to her house and picked her up. She asked if we could take a bus to where ever we were going and I obliged. It seemed quite funny that our transportation for our first date would be the bus and I said it out loud. She looked at me before bursting out in laughter.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Mr Big-shot. But yes, it does seem funny." At her smile and laughter, I broke into a smile as well. "Hey, Let's get down here."

It was a rather cold night and I saw her shiver a little in the simple shirt she wore. I took off my jacket and draped it over her shoulders before fixing it around her.

"There... You shouldn't feel cold now." She whispered a 'thank you' as I saw her face flushed, because of the chill or me, I will never know.

"So... Where are you bringing me?" We walked together comfortably.

"Oh.. actually, no where. This is going to be free and -- OH! Let's go there!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to a toy shop with many, many soft toys.

She went in fascinating about the little bears here and there, bunnies and monkeys too. I smiled at her actions and just followed her everywhere.

"Hey! This suits you!" She draped a monkey cap on my head and pulled me towards a mirror before pulling a similar one on her head."Haha! We look cute!"

"yes, we do..." I whispered under my breath. She took the caps and put them back as we made our way out of the shop. We walked around and talked a lot before making our way to a cafe and settling on our dinner.

The cafe was quaint and our table had a small cup of 3 roses at the side. She sat opposite me and we ate comfortably. I had found out a lot about her and I guess it was vice versa. Her favorite color was purple. She loved soft toys. She was the only child. She hates her cousins. Every word she said was captured in my memory.

"You know, we should do this again." I said casually, taking a sip of my drink.

Her smile dropped and I immediately regretted even trying to hint anything.

"We said it was going to be a one of thing didn't we? I'm not someone you should be starting a relationship with."

"Why? Why wouldn't you let me in? Why build such a boundary around yourself?" I took her hand from the table and gave it a light squeeze.

She looked at me, her eyes conveyed a message of hurt and confused emotions.

"I ... It's not as easy as you think, Jiyong." My name rolled off her lips so smoothly. "Everyone around me gets hurt. One way or another."

Her eyes dart away as she pulled her hand from me. Her fingers picked out one of the roses from the cup.

"My love is like this rose. You'll get pricked by the thorns. Sooner or later, no matter how you hold it, it'll just hurt you. And I'm not going to let you be hurt."

Her eyes started to glisten with unshed tears as she looked at me.

"I'm not going to let the one person I actually really care about get hurt. I'm sorry Jiyong." She stood up and ran passed me.

My hand reached out to stop her, but missed her by a bit. I quickly left a note (Money) on the table, not caring about my change at all and ran after her.

I caught up with her a distance from the cafe. I caught her wrist and turned her to face me. Her tears had been shed and it pained me.

My other hand flew up to wipe away her tears before pulling her into a hug. She tried to resist but I tightened my hold around her.

"Let me the one that trims off the thorns." I whispered. "I might get hurt along the way... But it'll just make way for a rose without thorns. Let me be you thorn trimmer. Please... Don't shut me out."

She was tearing and her face was snuggled in my shoulder. I let go of the embrace and placed my hands on her shoulder instead.

"Let me the one.. Please. I want to be the person that loves you until you die. Please."

[ A/N : I know it seems weird... A 19 year old guy and a 17 year old girl. But hey... Look at Se7en and Park Han Byul, together for 10 + years since they were 17 :) ]

She looked at me, eyes wide.

"If you want my heart, You have to take the pain that comes with it. It's not going to be easy."

"I'll take the pain and make it disappear. I promise. Just give me a chance." I started to lean towards her.

"Are you sure?" She asked me, her head tilted towards mine.

"Positive." I closed the gap between us and our lips met instantly.

That was when I knew she definitely was the one for me.

End of flashback.

Come to think about it, I guess I really liked her that much that I was willing to chase her.

She admitted to me, after that, that she did like me, but due to her reasons, refused to let me be close to her.

But I guessed it didn't work out for her. It has been 6 years now... And we're still together.

I twirled the rose again, smiling to myself.

"I'm done I'm done!" She stepped out of the room and looked at me weirdly. 

"What are you smiling about, mister?" She stood with her hands on her hips.

I let out a chuckle and stood up.

"Nothing. You look beautiful, my rose." She cocked an eyebrow at me as I walked towards her.

Her expression turned into a smile as she wrapped her hands around my neck when I stopped infront of her, my hands wrapping around her waist.

"And you... I love you Jiyong." She tiptoed to give me a peck.

"I love you too." I leaned down to give her a proper kiss before releasing her.

We pulled apart, me grinning at her. She shook her head lightly at me, a small smile plastered on her face.

I laced our hands as we walked towards the door, my eyes catching a pair of monkey caps placed on the display table. My grin widens before we stepped out of the house, locking the door behind us.

===============================

A/N :

Did you llike it? :)) Hehe :) I'm so sorry I have not been updating... My exams are starting in 2 days and I've been studying for like hours and hours everyday. This was written quite some time ago but never had the chance to post it. I'M SO SORRY TO HAVE LEFT YOU WAITING :((

Hoped you enjoyed it anyway :)

Please Read, Comment, Subscribe, Upvote :)

Love, 
Jessi
P.s. I love all my readers! which means You! :D

P.s.s I know it's a little shorter than what I usually write... I'M SORRY :(