Airplanes and Birthdays... GD one shot

GD⊤ One Shots

 

I updated another chapter before this a few days ago :) Please read it too! :) It's based on rose by lee hi :)

Enjoy!

==============================

I stared out the window...

Rain was drizzling on the other side and I wrapped my jacket tighter around me...

The lights were off and we travelled very smoothly despite the slight rain outside. I bet everybody is all sleeping, especially in our first class area on the plane.

My seat was already shifted so that it was flat out so that I could lie flat, but I opted for sitting with my knees to my chest.

The trip back to Korea never felt so long. The seat beside me had been empty ever since the aeroplane reached stability in the air. I knew that he was at one of the extra seats that we had. I wanted to go look for him but i knew we both needed to chill out.

The fight after the after-party of the last concert in LA resulted in this...

Honestly, I couldn't even remember what we were fighting about.

I heard my name being called really softly and I turned to the source...

"YoungBae Oppa, why are you up?" His tossed hair and sleepy look made me give him a small smile.

He pointed down the corridor and I guessed he was going to the toilet.

"Why are you still up? We have like another 8 -10 hours to go..." He gave a small yawn and I just shrugged my shoulders.

He shook his head at me and started to walk off... Before peaking his head back...

"Happy Birthday! You've passed midnight in LA but not at home.. You still have a day.. But oh well..." He gave me a lopsided smile and continued off..

Birthday?

I checked my watch... Staring at it as if the time was wrong.

It stated really clearly that in Korea it was Sat, 16th of March. But from where we were, it was already Sunday, the 17th of March

Or in other words... My birthday.

For the first time, time seemed to just fly faster than I could keep track.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself again... Head turning to the window again, all I could see was the moon and clouds, all floaty and comfy.

My eyes started to blink closed as a sudden wave of tiredness washed over me.

A rush of darkness and I was slipped into the sleep realm.

-------------------------

When I woke, I found myself lying straight out, my head on a pillow with a blanket wrapped around me.

The surprising thing was that my fingers were tightly interlocked with another's, their owner lying on the seat beside mine in deep slumber.

I checked my watch, another 6-8 hours to go before we land... Everyone else seemed to still be sleeping and I sighed softly, sitting up with my attention back to the person beside me.

He was sleeping soundly, breathing steady as his chest lifted up and down.

An air stewardess walked past us and smiled. I smiled back as she bent down to whisper to me.

"He's really caring, You're one lucky girl!" I thanked her before she continued down the corridor.

I felt his grip on my hand tighten as he pulled my hand closer to him. I didn't try to pull my hand away, afraid that I would wake him.

"Mianhae..." [I'm Sorry]

He was mumbling in his sleep and I pouted. He only mumbled when he has something important on his mind.

I heard him call my name softly and my heart fluttered. But there was something else bothering me about that fight we had. It made me feel hurt and angry although I couldn't remember what we were fighting about.

Suddenly, there was a sudden jerk and I almost fell off my position. His grip on my hand loosened as his sleepy self stirred a little before rubbing his eyes with his other free hand.

I quickly pulled my hand back and wrapped both my arms around my knees which were now brought to my chest.

He sat up slowly, looking around, registering his surrounding before turning to me.

"Jagiya..." A sudden anger flowed through me as the term of endearment left his lips and I turned to face the window again.

"Please, look at me. I didn't mean to get drunk. I didn't mean anything I did last night. Please..."

Scenes and pictures started appearing in my mind once those words left his mouth, reminding me of last night's events.

He almost cheated on me... So close to cheating that he appeared in front of his hotel door with a random girl all over him.

I remembered how i felt a bit giddy after a few drinks and wanted to rest. Jiyong had passed me the key to his room, saying that he'll come up a little later. I didn't mind, of course, I knew how hard he parties after a concert.

I went up to his room, washed up and managed to catch a few Zs before I was woken by a lot of giggling and sounds at the door.

I went to the door and opened it, only to see Jiyong kissing another girl right in front of the door. They pulled away and I stood there, my heart broken into a million pieces.

I wanted to just close the door and pretend I didn't see anything, but that girl just had to speak.

"Jiji, Who is this girl? She's blocking our waaayyy" Her whine-y voice was irritating once it came out of . In addition, something in me wanted me to see Jiyong's reaction, so I stood at the door infront of the both of them.

"Who? Ohhh... Jagggiiiiyyyaaa" He slurred and untangled his arm from the girl.

"Are.. Are you feeling bee-tter?" He took a step towards me and tried to kiss my forehead but I took a step back.

I saw confusion pass through his face at that time and the girl latched herself on him again.

"Come on Jiji! Let's goooooo!"

All i remember after that is Jiyong asking me if i would like to join them. I slapped him and took my stuff and went to the room originally meant for me. I didn't want to care about what happened after I left. All I knew is that Jiyong didn't come after me.

I went back in the morning, when I realised that I left my jacket there. I still had that extra key Jiyong gave me and let myself into the room, braced for whatever I might see.

He was on the couch, facing inwards... Shirtless. I evaded my eyes and scanned the room for my jacket. My eyes drifted to the bed, only to see the girl lying under the covers, her hair spilt over the pillows. The jacket she was wearing was on the floor together with Jiyong's shirt accompanied with accessories everywhere.

Something in me tore and it hurt, a splitting pain. I clutched my chest as my eyes did another scan through of the room. I had spotted my jacket, clutched in Jiyong's hands, held closed to his chest, as he turned to face outwards.

I had groaned inwardly as my grip on my chest tightened. I made my way over to him, my steps soundless. I bent over him, my mind racing on how to get my jacket back. He was always a deep sleeper, thus, I opted for just taking the jacket from him.

My hands pulled on the jacket until Jiyong had totally released it, only to have him start to stir. I had stood up quickly and made my way out of the room, however, I caught the soft whisper of my name coming from his lips before I left.

I shook off the memories as Jiyong tried to place his hands on my shoulder. "Please... Jagiya..." I shook him off as I did to the memories and refused to face him.

I could see his reflection in the window and my heart hurt. His expression was enough to make me turn around and face him.

My hands lifted to wipe away those stray teardrops that had escaped from his eyes but stopped halfway. His eyes flickered with a ray of hope as he saw my hands but was replaced with desperation when my hands stopped. His eyes pleaded with me, just to reach out to him and let him know that he still had me, that I'm not going anywhere.

I sighed openly, my hands cupped his face and I wiped away those teardrops with my thumbs.

"Don't explain... I don't want to hear it." My hands went back around my knees as Jiyong's mouth opened, ready to speak. Our voices were all kept low and quiet so as not to wake up the others.

"Jagi-ya.."

"I said don't. Don't cause me more pain." Hurt flashed through his eyes and I regretted my words.

"... Nothing happened. I only let her stay because she was drunk and couldn't move. I-" My spirit lifted as I heard his sentence but something in me just didn't want to let this go.

"Stop. I don't wan-" Jiyong silenced me with his lips and I tried to push against him. His hands slipped around my waist and pulled me closer to him while my hands whacked his chest but soon was wrapped around his neck as I started to kiss him back. I felt him smile into the kiss and I quickly pulled back after that.

He rested his forehead on mine, his hands still on my waist.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have drunk so much. I was out of it once you slapped me. I didn't mean it. I'm sorry. I should have stopped you from running out my room the first time. I should have talked to you during breakfast. I should have just pulled you aside instead of letting you ignore me the whole day. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry, I'm --" 

"Shut up." I cut him off and placed my lips against his, letting out a relieved sigh inwardly as he kissed me back.

We pulled apart, and I gave him a small smile. He pulled me into a hug and my smile got wider.

"Am I forgiven?" his whisper tickled my ear.

I nodded into his shoulder before he pulled back and gave me one of his well-loved grins.

I smiled back and as if it was automatic, the both of us leaned back into our chairs as a wave of tiredness flooded us. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he leaned his on mine. The blanket was pulled to our waist and I let out a relieved sigh before allowing my eyes to close and drifted of in the sleep realm.

---------------

"Hey you two, get up! We're landing." my eyes fluttered open as I felt Jiyong start to stir.

"Okay okay Hyung, we get it!" JiYong sat up as I did and I gave a quick smile to SeungHyun Oppa.

"Did you sleep well Seunghyun Oppa?"

"Yup, and I see that you did too, huh little lady?" Seunghyun oppa's hand came over to ruffled my hair, a smirk planted on his face. I blushed and pushed his hand away, pouting. Seunghyun oppa was like an older brother I never had, considering I only have female siblings.

"Yah Hyung! Go back to your own seat and buckle up! Leave my girlfriend alone." Seunghyun Oppa gave a playful smile before walking back to his own seat.

I gave a small laugh and turned to put my seat upright, buckled myself in and leaned back into my seat.

My eyes shifted to my boyfriend who had a pretty down face.

"What's wrong?" I interlaced our fingers and smiled.

"How could you greet other guys before me when you wake up?" I giggled at the 'little boy' sitting beside me and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm sorry... You know I love you hmm? Yongie ah"

------------------------

Before we even stepped out of the departure hall, the screams of the fans outside already reached my ears.

"I'll see you outside babe." He kissed my temple before joining the guys infront, leaving me with the other dancers and stylists at the back.

I walked with the group all the way until we got to the cars and I was pulled into one by the dancers.

"Back to the studios we go. Ha Yi's waiting for us to finish practicing 'Rose'. "

"Are Y'all tired?" I asked. "Didn't sleep well on the plane?"

The dancers shook their hands at me.

"Ani-ya Unnie, We did. It's just that we haven't had a rest day for a long time, or at least a half day."

"Ahhhh... I see. Don't worry, y'all can't practise long. It's already mid-afternoon here. But Fighting!"

The dancers smiled at me as we eased into a comfortable silence before we reached YGE and turned into the carpark.

"Unnie, Mianhae"

"Huh? Wha-" The dancers blindfolded me and I was immediately greeted by darkness.

"Mianhae Noona, Just follow us okay?"

I felt them lead me off the van and I hesitated and my steps were small ones.

I heard their giggles before their grip on my hand suddenly loosened and was replaced with a stronger grip, one that I was familiar with.

"Jiyong Oppa? Is that You?" I could smell his cologne and I immediately relaxed. "Oppa? Please answer me?"

"Ssshhhh babe... Just follow me okay? Watch your step." His voice was such a comfort.

I heard a door open before Jiyong stopped me and told me not to move. I felt him behind me and his fingers untieing the blindfold.

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

My eyes went wide as they adjusted to the brightness. Everyone was there! And I quickly bowed and smiled at everyone... Thanking them for throwing me a surprise party although we just got back.

A pair of hands s around my waist as someone rested his head on my shoulder.

"Yah Jiyong! Release your girlfriend and let her come blow her candles. You can back-hug her later!" Dara Unnie shouted at Jiyong and everybody started bursting out in laughter.

Literally everyone was there. The stylists, dancers, trainees and artists.

Ha Yi (Lee Hi) and Jennie came up to me, giving me hugs and presents. I thank the two before placing my presents on one of the tables. Soon enough the table was filled.

I smiled as I looked at everyone, All having fun.

"You okay?" The same familiar hands s around me from the back again.

"I'm really happy. This actually feels like a family. My sisters will be so jealous." i nodded

He turned me around so that I would be facing him.

"It's okay if your parents aren't here anymore. We're willing to be your family." He rested his forehead on mine.

I smiled at him before tilting my head ever so slightly to peck him.

"I know. I love you." he smiled at me and was going to lean in again.

When...

"YAH THE TWO OF YOU LOVEBIRDS! Stop hiding at a corner and come here! She needs to open her presents and guess who they are from!"

I laughed as I pushed myself away from Jiyong and walked towards my family, full of awesome-ly talented people.

I picked up a present as everybody started to gather round. I gave the present a little shake.

"Now... Who could this one be from?"

===============================

A/N

As you can see, this actually dates back to march :( I wrote this in March... I had inspiration when I was on the plane on my birthday...

:( I'm so sorry for not uploading it any earlier ... I hope you liked it though...

I won't be updating for the next 1 or 2 weeks... So i thought I should update this first :) although I updated like a few days ago... Hahaha :))

I know I’ve been uploading a lot of GD oneshots.. For those waiting for TOP oneshots, please give me a moment. They are all already almost finished… but I won’t be able to upload them anytime soon :( I’m having my exams…

Thank You so much for reading! :))

Please Read, Comment, Subscribe, upvote! :)

Luvz,
Jessi :)

P.s I love all my readers! Which means you!

please let me know what you think... I REALLY WANNA KNOW :'(