09 Greasy Day

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: Still told on Jiyoung's POV

 

~~~

The greasy expert a.k.a. Nam Woohyun ^^

***

“Hey!” I waved as I sat on the empty chair beside Sungjong but he doesn’t bug. “Hey! What’s up?” I repeated but he still doesn’t give me a damn. “Oh, okay”. I mumbled as I realized the ear buds hanging on to his ears. He was listening to his iPod. I removed the ear buds from his ears like a boss and literally shouted at his ear. He stared at me like a wild lion ready to bite his prey.

But of course he won’t bite me after realising that it was me.

“Oh it’s you! I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you. Are you talking or something?”

I sneered. “Whatever, Sungjong”. He chuckled and put his iPod back on his bag as our professor went inside the classroom. He introduced himself smiling in such a super cheesy way which will make you throw up just by listening to him. He’s lucky he’s a professor or else I will throw up on his pants.

Some female students were starting to get head over heels to him but Sungjong and I didn’t even care. What the hell is he trying to teach us? How to pick up girls or boys through these greasy lines? Oh my God. I think I remember myself looking at the class schedule which says “literature” but then all I can hear from Mr. Greasy Guy a.k.a. Prof. Nam Woohyun were his lecture of his infamous pick up lines. I don’t even understand why girls are falling for that cheapskate?

“God, he’s handsome!” Sungjong suddenly exclaimed and elbowed me.

“What? Who? Prof. Nam?” I whispered just in case Prof. Nam would hear us but then he’s too busy flirting with the female students who were squealing in front of him, no, literally in front of him. I couldn’t believe that Sungjong will also fall from his greasy trap.

“Of course not! Come on Jiyoung-ie, I have taste!”

“I know. But then, who?”

Then Sungjong pointed his mouth on the guy two rows before us wearing thick-framed glasses. He’s holding a tablet pc, watching something God only knows what. Hm. How is he cute? I furrowed my eyebrows while examining the facial features of this guy and I couldn’t understand what Sungjong has found cute on this guy. I was still staring at him while being lost in my own thoughts until then I realized that he was staring at my direction. Is he looking at me? Or is he not? Oh maybe he’s looking at Sungjong but to my dismay, he was just staring back at me, now with a smirk forming on his face. His canines were showing.  I just sighed and doodled on my notes. Guys are so proud of themselves – so much of narcissistic freaks.

I was about to get annoyed again but I saw Sungjong cupping his face, admiring this ‘cute’ guy. I just smiled to myself happy to see Sungjong like that. Then I heard Mr. Greasy Guy bade his goodbye to the class which I don’t even learn a thing aside from “love is a gift from God” and “treating females like a rose” and so on. He’s throwing hearts with his squealing fans, erm, students and I could feel the unknown entity forming inside my stomach.

I grabbed the bewildered Sungjong and made our way out of the classroom. He was nagging at me, asking why we have to leave the classroom immediately while he was still staring at the cute guy he found. I just laughed at him.

“We’ll see him again”. I said reassuring Sungjong.

He just clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. I could sense that he was pretty annoyed by me so I wanted to make him feel better.

“Let’s go the café. My treat!” I said.

Sungjong widened his eyes and linked his arms to mine. Guess he’s not annoyed at me anymore. “Okay, then let’s go!”

We borrowed books at the library first then we headed to our favorite café. We ordered our favorite frappuccino and triple chocolate bliss cake. After Sungjong placed our order on the counter, he went back to sit beside me and we waited.

“He’s really cute right?” Sungjong stated with his twinkling eyes.

I mockingly nodded, rolling my eyes.

“Yah! I hate you!” he crossed his arms.

“I didn’t say that he’s not so why are you hating me?”

“Just say that he’s cute”.

“Okay, okay. He’s cute. Yes. I find him cute. Satisfied?”

I was waiting for him to answer but I just saw him nodding with my last statement. His eyes were drifting off to somewhere I don’t even know. I just sighed and pinned my eyes on the table.

“Here’s your order. Two large cups of frappuccino”. The person stated placing the two large cups of cold frappuccino and two plates of chocolate cake on the table. I was too entranced seeing my favorite food on the table and I was ready to dive in when I heard Sungjong speak.

 “Y-You’re working here?” Sungjong asked.

“Me? What are you talking about?” I said.

“Shut up Jiyoung-ie. I’m not talking to you”.

I gasped at his annoying tone until I saw the person he was talking to. It’s the “cute guy”.

“So, when did you start working here? I didn’t see you when this café opened”. Sungjong continued interrogating, I mean, asking the guy.

“Uh…Since the start of the classes but I was absent on my first day so to make up, I have to rush here as soon as my class ends”. He fixed his glasses and rubbed the back of his head.

“Oh I see”. Sungjong said, sipping on his drink. I just watched the two of them talk, silently playing with the plastic straw making bubbles on my drink. I was definitely zoned out and bored.

“Yah! Stop that!” Sungjong shouted at me. I nearly choked. And I could see the “cute guy” laughed. I shot him fiery glares and he stopped.

“O-Okay, I have to go back to work now. Excuse me” the guy bowed at us.

“Wait! W-What’s your name anyways?” Sungjong managed to ask.

“Lee Howon. But you can call me Hoya”. He said with a smile.

I just blew my bangs and sipped on my drink again.

“Oh, nice name. By the way, I’m Sungjong and this is Jiyoung” Sungjong introduced us smiling as the “cute guy” named Hoya took his leave. “See you around”.

I don’t know if I have these ultra-super sensitive ears but I think I heard him say my name once again. But I don’t care since I want to tease Sungjong so bad.

“Oh nice name” I mimicked Sungjong and his twinkling eyes when he stared at Hoya. He slapped my hand. I just burst into laughter. “I don’t know Mr. Greasy Guy’s lectures have such an effect on you”. He sneered. I laughed at my own joke.

 

 

A/N: RAWRAWRAWR! WOOHYUN IS SOOOOOO SKINNY IN THEIR COMEBACK! I LIKE IT BUT I'M A LITTLE WORRIED THOUGH. T_T STAY HEALTHY MR. NAMGREASE~~~ <3