11 It's Over The Top

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

A/N: Hey everyone. Back with an update. Well, the issue between my father and I hasn't been settled yet, but... Oh well... Haha. Here's the update! I hope you'll like it. Thanks so much subbies and readers! :D

 

 

~~~

It was still early in the morning and the café isn’t opened yet. “So this is the café Sungyeol is talking about”. I knocked at the door. The short guy opened it and greeted me with his teeth flashing smile. He was wearing the café’s uniform and it seemed like the apron’s too big for him. I chuckled at my own thoughts.

“Excuse me mister. We’re not open yet”. The guy said putting his hand on his waist.

“Uhm, I’m here to apply”. I bit my lip.

He furrowed his eyebrows examining me.

“Oh I see.” He said nodding to himself and then he screamed “Noona!” He took his leave and continued wiping the tables and chairs. I followed him with my eyes and I pretty guess he’s a nice and friendly co-worker, just in case I’ll be hired at this café. He’s so enjoying the job here.

A lady in her mid-20s greeted me with her pleasant face. She was checking the cash register and writing something in her notebook. “Good morning!” I smiled at her and went to the counter.

“What brought you here Mr. Handsome?”

“Uhm…” I started. “My name is Kim Myungsoo…I heard you’re…uhm, hiring? Can I still apply?” I asked her. She was just staring at me. I don’t care less. Well, I think she’s examining me if she will be hiring me or not. I waited for her to answer. Then I heard the bell dinged once again. I saw a guy enter the café.

“Good morning noona!” The well built guy with a huge back pack, wearing thick framed glasses greeted.

“Oh Howon-ie! You’re pretty early”.

“I have no class today”.

“Oh I see”.

“Yeah. Excuse me. I have to change clothes now. Ready to work”. The guy entered the room for employees, I guess. She nodded to him and turned back to me again. “Guess I have to change my café name for a bit…” she bit her lip.

“Huh? Why? Over The Top sounds, erm, nice…”

She chuckled. “My, my. I guess it’s still appropriate anyways”. She stated while smiling to herself. “Over The Top, my café which serves coffee drinks with over the top taste and now hires employees with over the top looks”. She stared at me once again. “You’re hired pretty boy”.

“Really?” I pumped my fist in the air. She’s just nodding, pretty smiling at me. “When can I start?”

“Now? You can start now if you want”. The noona said with a smile. “And oh, by the way, the guy who opened the door, that’s Dongwoo and that guy,” she pointed at the changing room. “He’s Howon”.

I nodded.

“There’s a spare uniform on the changing room, right there”. She pointed me to the room where the Howon guy has finally exited. He was wearing a light yellow polo and black pants with a dark brown apron embroidered with an infinity sign. “Not bad”, I mumbled to myself and went to the changing room.

We passed by each other and greeted a small nod. Then I entered the room and changed clothes. After giving me some basic instructions and rules, the noona called the attention of the two guys.

“Dongwoo, Hoya, meet your new co-worker. He’s Kim Myungsoo. Have a great time working together. Dongwoo, Hoya, guide him well. You know, being his sunbae. But don’t bully our Myungsoo, hmkay?” She said and then she entered her room, probably fixing some of her important paper works for the café.

“Hello, I’m Myungsoo”. I said extending my hand to the first guy I saw.

“Hello I’m Dongwoo. The guy with the most attractive eyes”, he shook my hand. “Welcome Myungsoo!”

I chuckled. “Nice to meet you!” I retrieved my hand to handshake with the other guy. “Howon, right?”

He faced me and nodded. “Yeah. But call me Hoya instead”. He shook hands with me and continued on his work.

“Hoya? Why you wanted to be call as -”

Hoya cut me off. “What’s your name again?”

“Oh, I’m Myungsoo”.

“So where am I? Ah! So, why do you wanted to call you Hoya instead of Howon. Hehe. I’m just curious. But if you don’t want to answer...”

“Because Hoya is a pet name”. Dongwoo butted in. “And not to mention, a really cute one!”

“Shut up Dongwoo!”

“Hoya uses the name to attract customers, especially the noona” Dongwoo wiggled his eyebrows. “Plus, Ji Hye noona, our boss, practically made the name for him”.

“Shut up Dongwoo or else I will kill you using this”. Hoya raised the bread knife he’s been holding. He chased Dongwoo who’s running for his life and hid over the counter while I was left there chuckling. Hoya then turned back to me and shout between his punches for DOngwoo, “We’ll be opening at 9AM! Make sure that the tables are ready. I’ll help you after I kill this guy over here!”

I made an “ok” sign with my hand and continued arranging the tables and the chairs. At exactly 9AM, we finally opened the café with smiles plastered on our face. I remembered noona told me to just smile because it attracts customers more. Wow, I’m guessing my first day will be a blast. I wondered if that person regularly goes here. Oh well. I sighed and shouted ‘fighting’ to myself.

 

*Yadong OTP jjang!*

A/N: Well, well, well... Myungsoo together with Hoya and Dongwoo working at the cafe!!! Yeah. What will happen next if Jiyoung visits now her favorite cafe and saw Hoya and our Myungsoo, a.k.a the bastard??? Hmmm... XDD