02 My First Guy Friend

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

I woke up earlier than ever because I still haven’t adjusted to this huge bed I’ve been sleeping on. I prepared myself for my first day. And I feel so jittery.  I went downstairs only to see my aunt preparing our breakfast.

“Oh! Good morning there! I was about to wake you up. I didn’t know that you’re an early bird”. Aunt Misun said while she put the bacon and eggs over the plates.

I smiled. “I think I’m still on the adjustment process”.

Then she ushered me on the dining table. We finished our breakfast in a while and I head out towards the university. Aunt Misun insisted on taking me there but I resisted. I don’t want to bother her and so I made my excuse by saying that I’m all grown up now and I can handle myself. Although I think I may not be able to but I have to. We bade each other goodbyes and walked from home towards school since it was just a fifteen minute walk.

Now I was standing at this overly huge university. It’s like a small town for me. I think I will be lost here but thanks to the guide map my aunt has given me when she registered me to this prestigious university. Although there are lots of buildings and all, there are still trees which made me miss Busan more. This modern city bored me a bit. I can also see cafeterias and small shops around but nothing pleases me. Until I could hear my stomach grumbling. I hurriedly looked inside my bag only to find that my wallet was missing. I searched for my wallet like a madman. I moved all my things outside my bag and moved it inside again. I frantically searched for everywhere. May be I dropped it somewhere I don’t know. Then suddenly it occurred to me. It flashed through my mind. That bastard.

I mentally punched that bastard in his face. I hate him. He stole my wallet. I knew it. He stole my wallet! I silently screamed and ruffled my hair because of frustration when I heard someone spoke behind me.

 

“Need help?”

I stopped from what I was doing and straightened up myself to face that person. Only to find out this girl…no I mean this guy sweetly smiling at me. He’s the first guy I saw on this university.

“Lee Sungjong, by the way”. The feminine looking guy extended his arms towards me. I doubted for a bit but my guts tell me that he is one good guy. I shook his hands and introduced myself. “Han Jiyoung”.

“You’re new here, I suppose”.

“Yeah”.

“From what I saw, I guess you’re kinda looking for some stuff. Have you lost something?”

“A major yes! I lost my wallet”. I pouted.

“I could help you to find it”.

“Thanks for helping me out but I guess we’re not able to find it here”.

“Why?”

“Someone stole it from me”. I bitterly stated. The face of that bastard keeps popping on my head. I mentally cursed him.

“What?”

“Yeah”.  And before I could say any word, my stomach grumbled again which made Sungjong chuckled a bit.

“Come. Let me, Lee Sungjong, take you to my favorite café here and then I will take you to a tour and then I will help you find your classes and…and…”

“And I thank you!” I finished his sentence with a smile which made him smile at me too. And then we rushed to this café named Over the Top: Your One Stop Coffee Shop. I adored the café’s exceptional name. I let Sungjong ordered for us since he insisted. I silently tapped my fingers on the table as I observed the people inside the café. Some girls are so much of a fashion terrorist. Some guys are so much of a show-off. I really want to throw up but there’s nothing inside my stomach anyways.

 

Then I saw this familiar looking guy. Well, even though he held the coffee cup in such a way that it has been covering his face, I somehow felt his familiarity. And he somehow resembled someone…the bastard. I was sure of it. He was sitting there. The bastard is sitting there.

I was going to stand up to my seat to approach him but then Sungjong suddenly appeared with two huge frappuccino in his hands. He offered me one. I thanked him without looking at his eyes. I have to ask this bastard if he has my wallet. But then Sungjong kept on talking and I was there listening at him with my thoughts completely wandering through that guy.

“Hey. Jinyoung-ah? Something wrong?”

 I snapped back my thoughts and violently shook my head.

“Oh okay. So where was I?” Sungjong recalled his stories. “Ah! The kkap dance. Yeah, the kkap dance! You know what Jinyoung-ah, I’m so so so good at dancing! You want me to show to you?” he continued.

But I couldn’t pay attention to his bragging. Then I saw him stood up from his seat. Oh my God. He’s leaving. He’s leaving. It can’t be. It can’t be!

I practically voiced out the last words on my thought and made Sungjong whimpered. “I guess you don’t want me to show how good I was in dancing though”. He bitterly sipped on his drink.

“No. No. No! That’s not what I meant Sungjong-ah! Trust me. I really want to see you dance. Sorry Sungjong-ah, my thoughts are kinda…drifting away”. I apologized to Sungjong but my eyes practically followed the leaving bastard. If he’s here in one of the university’s café, then there’s a strong possibility that we could meet again. I thought to myself.

 

Sungjong smiled to his drink. “Really?”

“Of course!” I said enthusiastically.

“Do you want it now?”

“Like now as in NOW?” I exclaimed, exaggerating the word NOW.

“Yeah. I could dance anywhere, anytime. There’s no problem with me”.

“Oh okay”. I sipped once again to my drink.

 

Then Sungjong strut his kkap moves and it made him become the center of attraction. Well, he kinda loves it too. Then he finished his routine with a hair flipping act like a diva. Then he bowed at some other people who clapped at his dancing and sat. I clapped because of amazement. He asked me if he did well and all I can do is to cheer him and put my two thumbs up. I am really amazed at how he can move like that. It seems like he’s not a guy to me. So I became more and more comfortable around him and with that he officially became my first friend in college. He toured me around the university and he helped me find my classes. Luckily, we will be sharing a same class together and it means more bonding time. I am happy that I made my first friend with no sweat but the guy at the cafeteria bothered me a lot. I must get my wallet back from that bastard.

 

A/N: Hi guys, I will post two chapters and wait for the response. Hehe. And sorry if I keep on using the word bastard on this chapter. And sorry if it has made you uncomfortable. Haha. I just used that to distinguish him from the story. I will think of another nickname for him. Hihi. An Infinite member revealed. Sungjong’s on the story now! I love the pretty diva maknae so much I could cry. Look at her...I mean HIM. O.O