19 Just Asking

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: OMONAAAAA~ I reread the previous chapters and I clearly made a mistake. I spotted some inconsistencies. Fail me. So I did some revisions for this chapter. I hope you won’t mind reading it again. Mianhae. TT_TT

My mind is drifting off to somewhere I don’t even know. I was like: (˚☐˚'!l)/ \(l!'˚☐˚)/

 

~~~

Jinyoung’s POV

 

“Oh! We’re here”

We are standing in the front patio of the café and Hoya opened the door for me. I slightly bowed at him to thank him.

“Hey!” The guy with a blue hair who flashed his teeth smile greeted Hoya. Hoya greeted him with a slight nod. I was quite startled at his overly energetic tone. He talks to Hoya with his endless stories about the hectic crowded café yesterday and how did they overcome those wave of people. I was actually nearly spacing out when he suddenly noticed me.

“Oh! What does this pretty girl doing here in our café? Yah, Hoya! You got some taste huh! Who’s this girl? Your yeochin?” He examined me while he asked Hoya.

Huh. The word rang a bell inside me. Yeochin? Wait. As in YEOJA CHINGU? As in GIRLFRIEND? What is he talking about?

“Yah Jang Dongwoo. Watch your mouth”.

“Waeyo? She’s your yeochin, am I wrong?” Dongwoo gave him the look.

Hoya straightened his face and cleared his throat. “Yes, you are very wrong. She’s Han Jinyoung. She’s a… a classmate of mine, and she’s a… customer”, Hoya stammered. “So what are you standing here? Give her your best tasting coffee!” Hoya pushed Dongwoo away from us and smiled at me after. I was still giving him a poker face since I couldn’t understand why that guy immediately perceived me as Hoya’s girlfriend. What’s the meaning of that? I can’t still understand guys who like to jump into conclusions. Do guys love to jump into conclusions and like to generalize things?

The guy pouted and went back to the counter. The café was still crowded. It’s just I am lucky to have myself enter the café without the furious fan girls because Hoya lead me inside.

“Wow. I can’t believe that this café was far from the crowded café I saw few weeks ago” I started to shift to a more comfortable change topic.

“Oh. Yeah. You’re right”.

“What the sudden popularity?”

 “Well, it’s Kim Myungsoo’s fault!” He was trying to impersonate the dumb me back to Prof. Nam’s class, which probably the reason why Hoya and I were with each other right now.

I chuckled. “Why?”

“Because of his good looks, plus mine, erm, I mean, plus Dongwoo’s, tons of girls went here not only to order coffee drinks and bread but also to take us pictures. They even let us sign on their cups, shirts, and all. Like, they treat us like a celebrity”.

“Wait, what? Celebrity?” I snorted emphasizing at last word.

“You heard it right. But Myungsoo’s the most popular here, I guess”.

“Myungsoo?”

“Yeah. That jerk”.

“Huh?”

“He’s a total jerk”. Hoya shook his head trying to restrain himself from telling the whole story to me. I became curious in an instant and would like to ask him plenty of questions but the bell on the front door rang.

“Speaking of the devil…” I murmured as I saw the person we’re practically talking about few seconds ago.

“Oh hi…”

I could see Myungsoo’s enthusiasm to greet every one of us dropped as soon as he noticed me. I could almost forget about what happened to the both of us last night since Hoya made me ever so comfortable at this moment but then it struck me immediately as soon as I saw his nearly blushing face. He immediately went to the changing room without greeting us and slammed the door making sure we both heard him went inside the room.

“What’s wrong with him?” Hoya asked me. Well, I don’t know the answer but part of me is telling that I was involved at Myungsoo’s sudden change of aura. Ever since our first meeting at the train station, I’m starting to notice the changes on his rude attitude towards me but how could I know the reason why. He was that once conceited, narcissistic freak who is so overly confident about his charisma and who claims that I like him but now he was, uhm, how do I say this, shy (?) towards me starting from the moment he asked Sungjong for my number. But who am I to give assumptions?

“Here’s the coffee for my princess~” Dongwoo interrupted my train of thoughts as he gave me the cup of creamy mocha latte. I bowed to thank him. “By the way, I’m Dongwoo. Jang Dongwoo”. He gestured like a prince from fairy tales extending his hands towards mine which I accepted. He suddenly gave a peck on the back of y hand as soon as he reached for it. I immediately took my hand back, blushing at his sudden skinship.

“Uhm, I’m Jiyoung, nice to meet you Dongwoo-ssi”. I replied.

He grinned at me. “Well, if it’s true that you’re not Hoya’s girlfriend, then will you be mine?”

My mouth hung opened. “What the- Yah! Jang Dongwoo! Stop blabbering nonsense!” Hoya defended. “Sorry, Jinyoung. This Dongwoo is such an idiot”.

“What? You called me idiot?”

“Yes. You are!”

I just watched them exchange fiery words and shouted at each other’s face as I drank my latte. I smiled at their childish fight but Myungsoo’s changing attitude still bothers me a lot. Why the sudden change? Is it because of last night? Is it because I hang up the phone? It’s not that I wanted to hang up but it’s just that…

“Hey!” that voice interrupted my thoughts again. It was Myungsoo speaking.

“Hey! Hoya, Dongwoo, will you please stop fighting and get back to work”. Myungsoo calmly ordered at the two furious guys. Then I caught him staring at me but when he noticed that I did, he immediately averted his gaze. Hoya and Dongwoo sneered and continued their fight mentally.

“Uhm, I think I have to go now. I guess you have to go back to work Hoya-ssi, Dongwoo-ssi”

“No” Hoya immediately stated.

“Huh?” I asked Hoya.

Hoya then turned to the two guys with their eyes full of curiosity. Then he grabbed my wrist and almost dragged me out the café. My face was blank. What on earth is happening here?

“Tell noona that I’ll be absent for today’s work”. He said facing Dongwoo. “Tell her I have some important things to do”. Dongwoo must have something to say but Hoya shushed him.

“And tell her that I’m sorry!” Hoya yelled at the two as we finally come out from the café. I can see Dongwoo attempted to follow us but Myungsoo grabbed him in the hem of his apron and shook his head. Myungsoo dragged Dongwoo inside the counter and urged him to get his back to work.

Meanwhile, I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned to face Hoya’s back. Just where does he want us to go? Just as much as I wanted to know what is happening around here, I wanted to let go from his rough grip first. I think I’ve seen this scene a lot of times on the drama series I have watched before and this isn’t anything romantic. You know, a man will drag you out to go somewhere while gripping your wrist until blood can’t flow through your veins and eventually will bruise your wrist. Who says that’s romantic? Bleh. It’s painful, you know?

“Uhm, Hoya could you please let me go? My wrist hurts”. I bitterly stated.

Fortunately, he stopped from walking and he seemed embarrassed from what he has done. He finally let go as I massaged my swollen wrist.

“I’m sorry” he muttered while rubbing the back of his head. “I just…”

“No it’s okay. Where are we going anyways?”

“I just want to…to… I just want to…” Hoya dallied with his perturbed eyes.

“You can say what you want to say”. I jeered.

“Uhm, you asked me before on how can you pay me from…saving you last time at Prof. Nam’s class right?”

I nodded and listened carefully to what he’s going to say.

“I just want to ask you, if taking you to a date won’t hurt?”

Date? It’s my first time being asked on a date and I don’t really know what to answer. Aside from that, I don’t even know how a date should be. And it will only stress me out, like what should I wear, how should I act, what does it mean if a guy ask you for a date, what should I do? Eottoke?

“I guess you won’t”

“Huh?”

“It’s okay, I understand”

“No. No, that’s not what I meant!” I let out an awkward smile. “If that’s the way I could repay you from your kindness, I’ll accept it”.

“Really?”

I nodded. One date won’t hurt right? And Hoya’s a nice guy too.

“But why did you have to drag me out the café?” I blatantly asked him. I just want to know why. He could have just asked me there in the first place. There’s nothing wrong with it.

He was caught off-guard. “Huh? Ah ne. about that”. He let out a nervous laugh and fidgeted. “I’m too…uhm, it’s too uncomfortable for me to ask you in front of them. Sorry if I did that to you”. He looked at me with his uneasy eyes.

“Ahh. Okay”.

“Sorry Jinyoung”

“Nah, it’s okay”

“So, you have plans for today?”

I mentally opened my planner. As far as I can remember, I’m not that busy today. After Prof. Nam’s class, I have only one class left but and it was postponed because our professor will be absent for the first week of classes so I think, I’m free for today. “I’m free. Why?”

“Uhm, is it okay if we will have our date today?”

“Today? As in TODAY?”

He just nodded.

“Really?” I asked him again.

I just worried about my appearance. Do I look properly for a date? One must look special when going to dates right? But I look so plain. I face palmed.

“Is there anything wrong?”

“I just think I don’t look okay”. I examined myself, my clothes, my hair, everything. Hoya just chuckled. “What?”

“You look okay. You’re perfect”

My eyes widened. What did he just say to me?

“Perfect?”

He just smiled at me and offered his hand asking me to hold onto it. I hesitated at first but I accepted it. We walked side by side. It’s my first time to have my hand held by another person, specifically by another man aside from my dad. The feeling is somehow different and I can sense some security though him holding my hand. I pinned my eyes at our hands which were intertwined then turned to Hoya’s profile as he stared on the road we’re walking. He has nice facial features and his jaw line was well-defined. Like Myungsoo’s.

“Is there’s something wrong with my face?” Hoya stopped from walking and stared into my eyes. I can see my reflection onto his brown orbs as I also looked into him.

“Huh?” I was dumbfounded.

He just smiled and tore his gaze away from me and we continued from walking. Wait. Did I just think about Myungsoo again?