Just the Two Of Us

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: From Jinyoung's POV

~~~

 

Hello Jinyoung, good morning. About yesterday, I’m really sorry. Do you have plans for today?

 

The first message I receive this morning. I swear Myungsoo never learned anything about keeping his words. Are guys like this? Making you expect, assume and wait and then will say sorry and think that after saying that magic word, everything will be okay and all.

I’m tired to reply to his text message and yes, I have plans for today. Aunt Misun told me that we’re going to meet someone today. She said that it was Sunggyu oppa who knows this guy and they wanted us to meet and probably know each other. It’s okay for me as long as he’s not a jerk like Myungsoo. I just put on a simple dress and applied simple makeup just to make my first impression not that very awful but not that fail also.

We headed to the restaurant and saw Sunggyu oppa talking on the phone. Aunt Misun waved at him and he smiled at her. I just followed her behind. This is a cute restaurant which serves Asian cuisine. It seems like he was talking to the guy we’re about to meet today. Aunt Misun sat on the chair facing Sunggyu oppa while I sat beside her.

“Who are you talking with baby?” Aunt Misun asked Sunggyu oppa as soon as she got on her seat.

“My dongsaeng”. He answered.

After the phone call, Sunggyu oppa and Aunt Misun talked and talked and talked and I could feel myself spacing out from their lovey-dovey couple talk and so I excuse myself from going to the restroom. Besides, the person we’re about to meet wasn’t here yet so I’m going to take my time like he was. 

I was still wondering about Myungsoo’s message earlier. What if I told him that it’s okay if we meet today, right after this meeting ends? Anyways, I have the reason to meet him: the art project. So, I was about to sent him a message when Aunt Misun texted me that the person we're about to meet was here.

I put on some touch-ups on my makeup and rushed outside the restroom. I went immediately to their area and kept on bowing for apology. Sunggyu oppa and Aunt Misun just laughed at me and told me that it's okay and there's no need to be sorry. AND I think I just saw a very much familiar person in my peripheral vision sitting besides Sunggyu oppa. Don’t tell me…

Oh God. He is. That person I was about to meet is Myungsoo?!?

“What?” we shouted in sync as soon as we saw each other.

“Do you know each other?” Sunggyu oppa asked. Of course we very much knew each other but we just answered in silence and awkwardly looked into each other’s eyes, never knowing what to say in this very gauche meeting.

Then Myungsoo nodded to him and I nodded too to acknowledge them.

Aunt Misun and Sunggyu oppa both “oooh-ed” at the sight of us.

“So, there’s no need for introductions, right?” Sunggyu oppa broke the awkwardness around us by ordering our food. None of us spoke and kept on munching at the breakfast laid on the table. We kept on giving awkward glances at each other. I kept asking myself if this was really coincidence or is it just fate.

Sunggyu oppa and Aunt Misun just did the talking and asking and Myungsoo and I just gave them silence and plain answers. They asked about how we met, how we knew each other and stuff like that not until Aunt Misun brought this topic out.

“Did you guys know the purpose of this meeting?”

Somehow I knew the answer because I heard them planning about this meeting but I kept my mouth shut and gave them a blank face – same as Myungsoo’s poker face.

Aunt Misun giggled at her own thoughts as she elbowed Sunggyu oppa telling him that he should do the explanation because she’s going shy about bringing it up with her own mouth.

“Okay, okay. So we just want you guys to know each other well, you sorta know each other now I suppose”, Sunggyu oppa started. “And, we would like you guys to date and eventually become a couple just like us”.

“What?” we both yelled. I almost spit out my drink and Myungsoo almost choke on his food because of that sudden declaration.

“Because our Jinyoung-ie here hasn’t even experience how to fall in love”, Aunt Misun sympathetically pronounced. Sunggyu oppa gave me that so-here’s-Myungsoo-to-the-rescue look. Myungsoo pinned his eyes on the plate and sipped onto his drink as I could feel my cheeks burning from embarrassment.

“So our Myungsoo can be a help, right dongsaeng?” Sunggyu oppa elbowed Myungsoo which was startled a little bit.

I started with a nervous laugh. “Omma*, Sunggyu oppa, there’s no need to”. I bit my lower lip. “And I believe that love shouldn’t be forced or else, I will only get a broken heart. And I don’t want that to happen to me”. 

*More comfortable way for Jinyoung to address Aunt Misun than calling her mommy in this story ^^

“Maybe Jinyoung-ie’s right, but Myungsoo’s not going to break your heart. Hit me if he will and also Misun-ie will hit me too”. Sunggyu oppa dared and turned into Myungsoo. “You won’t break her heart right?”

Myungsoo was stunned with his uneasy eyes as he nodded. “I won’t”

“So why don’t you give it a try?” Aunt Misun suggested. “And with that, we’ll give you time alone. Spend the rest of the day together and Sunggyu and I will spend our time too. So, we have to go now, okay?”

“Wait, omma~” I grab the hem of her shirt asking her to go back to her seat, not leaving me. She just gave me a reassuring look and turned to Myungsoo. “Please take care of her Myungsoo-ah”. Myungsoo’s eyes widen and nodded at her.

“Enjoy but be careful. Myungsoo, you take care of Jinyoung okay?” Sunggyu said.

 

Aunt Misun grabbed her purse and linked her arms to Sunggyu oppa and left us two alone with the aura of awkwardness surrounding us. We finished our meal and just stared at the people, or outside and just exchanging awkward glances once in a while like waiting for the one who’s doing the first move.

“Can we…go out now?” Myungsoo asked first.

I nodded and we walked outside. Ah! This is really awkward. We walked side by side and I could feel our arms occasionally brushed with each other and so I took a step sideward to create some polite distance between the two of us. The streets are filled with people but it seemed like it was only just the two of us. None of us still talk and we could almost hear the air whistled around creating more awkward atmosphere around us.

 “So what are we…” we said in sync.

“You go first” I said.

“No, you go first” he said.

“You go -”

“You go first” he cut me off.

I sighed. “Okay, so what are we going to do now?”

Myungsoo bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck. “uhm, what do you want?”

Okay, he just answered me with another question. “I don’t know, you decide”.

He exhaled. “What about if we do the ‘asking basic questions’ as we walk? Remember the deal about our art project”

“Ah! Ne~” I answered. “But who’s going to ask first?”

“Rock, Paper, Scissors?”

I smiled at his idea. Then we did the game and I'm so happy I won, so I let him ask first.

“What’s your full name?”

That’s one dull question coming from the jerk, but it’s okay for starters. Besides, he said that it was going to be like a biography or whatever. 

“Han Jinyoung. So what’s your full name?” I copied his question.

He smiled, possibly hiding his annoyance. “Kim Myungsoo. So, how old are you?”

“20. how old are you?”

“20”

We’ve been asking and answering pointless questions about our family background, school history and experiences, hobbies, interests and all. It’s fun knowing more about him. He seems fine and has a nice personality. I found out that his secret obsession is photography and he only lives by himself. How can he survive like that - alone? When my parents died, I don’t even know what to do with my life, thanks to Aunt Misun for adopting me and practically saving me from being a lost child. And the interrogation between us went as simple and interesting just like that. No one asked about personal questions concerning about our love life but then, he asked this question which my Aunt Misun spilled a while ago.

“Is it true that you haven’t fallen in love yet?”

I was startled. “What?”

“You haven’t answered my question yet you’re asking me another one” Myungsoo defended.

“Okay. I’m sorry”. I mumbled. “Yes, it’s true.”

“Why?” He immediately asked for a follow-up.

“Hey”, I thumped his arm. “It’s my turn to ask now. No double questions!”

“Okay”. He let out an anxious laugh while rubbing his arm. “You never told me you are a boxer”

“What the hell?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Hey, is that you’re question?”

I gasped. “No! Of course not! How can ‘what the hell’ be a question?”

“So that’s your question?”

I exhaled loudly indicating that I am starting to be pissed off. “Can we please get serious? And THAT is not a question, it is a request.”

Myungsoo just slyly smiled at me and nodded - with his eyes on the road trying to control his laughter.

“Okay. It’s my turn now”. I took a deep breath and dish out my question. Why is he curious about my love life? And so I asked him, “Why’d you ask if I haven’t fallen in love yet?”

And there was a moment of silence that surrounded us. Then he stopped from walking and stared at me with that seious look from him that I haven't seen before.

 

 

 

“Because I want to teach you”

 

 

A/N: Kyaaaaaa~ Squeal attack! Omo! Myungsoo~ Hey guys, I hope I was still on the right track for this ff. Am I lost or what? But this chapter...Kyaaaaa~