Couple?

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

Days passed by so quickly and everyone in the school became busy as forever. Deadlines were creeping the student’s social time as everyone was faced with exams, projects and events.

It’s a week before the competition for Daekyung University Search for Mr Freshman 2012 and the people behind the contest are becoming crazier than as usual.

“Jjongie~ Jjongie~ LEE SUNGJONG!” Eunji screamed in panic while she was staring at her phone. “Come over here! I have to show you something!”

Sungjong dropped down the tarpaulin he was about to post on their school gate and went to Eunji.

“Oh, waeyo Eunji?”

“Look at Prof. Nam’s text message. Ppali, ppali~”

“Let me see… It says, ‘Jung Eunji-ssi, the competition isn’t just a competition. This program also aimed to entertain the audience. And with that, I assign you, together with Lee Sungjong-ssi to have a special performance on stage. Thank you and remember, I am counting on the both of you. Hwaiting~ ^^’.” Sungjong almost dropped Eunji’s phone but he immediately gave it to her. “OMO~”

“What does Prof. Nam want us to do?”

“He wants us to perform on the competition”

“What?!?”

“Well… you know Prof. Nam. His mind was crazy like he can be.”

 “Aish. I don’t know what to do, Sungjong!”

“Well…You have a great voice!” Sungjong clapped his hands.

“Ani, I don’t have” she looked at the ground.

Sungjong sneered. “Aish, don’t you hide it from me. I heard you sing when we are posting some promo posters on the bulletin boards last time. And take it from me, you are totally awesome!” Sungjong raised his thumbs up.

Eunji shyly looked at him. “I am not that good”

“Oh my. Don’t you ever underestimate your God-given talents! You are really a wonderful singer with that amazing golden angelic voice”

“Thanks for the compliments…but, I can’t sing on stage. I can’t face many people. I will stutter. I will fall down on stage and will just embarrass myself. I will become a public shame and I don’t want to be like that. I don’t want to do it. I’m afraid”. She confessed, tears are clouding her eyes but she managed to stop herself from crying.

“Ah, you have stage fright.” Sungjong whispered to himself.

Eunji heard that and nodded, affirming his assumptions.

“You know Eunji-yah… You don’t have to be afraid and there’s nothing to be afraid of. I am here with you all the time. Remember, Prof. Nam assigned the TWO of us to perform. Not only you, not only me, but the both of us and that means we will do it together. Arasseo? So you don’t have to be afraid anymore. We’ll help each other conquer our fears and we will give them the best show ever, okay? Trust me.” Sungjong wooed her, placing his hand on hers, squeezing it softly.

Eunji felt comfortable and smiled. “Thank you so much Sungjong”. And she hugged him tight.

Sungjong smiled and hugged her back.

“Okay, now let’s go back to work and so we could talk about what we should do for the special performance”. Sungjong said after they released from the embrace.

“You’re right”, Eunji smiled her wonderful eye smile.   

“That’s better. Your smile is the wonderful thing I saw on earth”

“How come you were so cheesy like now like Prof. Nam?”

“Am I?” he softly chucked. “But I am just telling the truth. You really are pretty specially when you smile and I could bring myself to lie about that.”

Eunji cutely pouted. But as she stared at his eyes, she felt the sincerity of his words. Then she smiled. “You know what, I think I like you more” she softly confessed.

“What?”

“I said, I think I like you even more. I liked you when I first saw you on the literature class. But I thought you like some other person”.

“Wait, are you talking about my friend, Jinyoung?”

Eunji shyly nodded.

Sungjong chuckled.

“You’re jealous?”

Eunji pouted, non-verbally admitting that she was jealous. It made Sungjong smile.

“Jinyoung and I are just friends - nothing more, nothing less. Besides, she likes someone and I like someone too”

Eunji’s eyes grow wide as she heard those words from him. Somehow, she felt relieved that she was jealous with no reason but at the same time, she was nervous that Sungjong liked someone else and it could bring her another reason to be jealous.

“Don’t you want to know who she is?”

“I guess I better not know that”

Sungjong smirked. “So I better show you then.”

Before Eunji could react, Sungjong has kissed her lips. Eunji’s eyes were wide open as she was really surprised with the fact that he kissed her and it meant that he likes her. Sungjong wrapped his arms around her closing the gap between them. Eunji closed her eyes feeling the magical moment of the both of them.

They stay that way for a few seconds then they released each other. Both of them were blushing so hard, their face looks like tomatoes. Sungjong was also surprised at what he did. And they instinctively touched their lips. They awkwardly looked at each other but then they give each other’s smile.

“I’m sorry about that”

Eunji shook her head, fidgeting with her fingers. “Ani~”

“So now, you know who I like?”

Eunji shyly smiled and nodded. “Gomawo~”

“Actually, I can’t believe I have done that.”

She furrowed her eyebrows.

He just smiled and scratched the back of his head. “Eunji-yah”, Sungjong held her hands “you’re my first”.

She smiled and gently squeezed his hands as well. “Sungjong-ie, you’re mine”.

Both of them laughed as they realized that they were now infected by the greasy virus coming from Prof. Nam. After that sweet moment, the now couple Sungjong and Eunji went back to their work. They have finished posting up the tarpaulins and have told the volunteers and the staff that Prof. Nam has assigned them for the contest’s special performance. Their co-volunteers were also rooting for them and it made them feel proud and feel good. Then they bid goodbye to them and went to the café so they can talk about their plan.

Sungjong and Eunji are on the counter as they choose what they will eat. The blue haired Dongwoo was on the counter today. Eunji went to the side so she could see the menu clearly.

“Anyeong~” Sungjong greeted.

“Oh, anyeong!” Dongwoo answered, a bit surprised. “You’re coming alone? Where’s Hoya’s princess?”

“Huh?”

“I was talking about Jinyoung-ssi. Aren’t you with her today?”

“No, I came with her…”. Sungjong answered pointing to Eunji who was now looking confused on what she should order for she wanted to order all the food that seemed delicious in her eyes. “…my girlfriend”

“Ooooooh~ Girlfriend!” Dongwoo exclaimed. Eunji heard that and so she looked at him and Sungjong. Dongwoo flashed his teeth smile and waved at her. Sungjong was smiling as well. So it made Eunji comfortable and smiled at the both of them. Dongwoo mouthed “nice to meet you” and she answered him with a sweet smile. Then she faced the confusing menu again as the males continued on their conversation.

“That’s a great news Sungjong-ssi. But Jinyoung’s all alone now because you have now your own princess. But then, don’t worry about that. Hoya’s here for her.” Dongwoo felt proud for his friend.

“Ah, speaking of Hoya. Where’s Hoya-ssi?”

“Myungsoo was off for today’s work and so Hoya was the one who’s serving the customers”.

“Ah, okay” Sungjong nodded. “Wait, Dongwoo-ssi”. Then he turned to Eunji. “Eunji-yah, have you made up your mind? What should we order?”

“Uhmm, actually, I didn’t know what to choose. All of them look delicious and they are all telling me that I should try all of them. Unfortunately, I can’t” Eunji pouted. “I’ll just choose what you recommend for me instead”

“You’re such a cute thing” Sungjong smiled at her. Eunji was still pouting as she stared at the menu again.

Sungjong ordered his favorite frappuccino and triple chocolate bliss cake and strawberry chiffon cake for Eunji. With that he grabbed the tray and they made their way on their seats and enjoyed the food.

“What do you think we have to perform on stage?” Sungjong asked.

“I really don’t know and it stresses me a lot”.

“Hm, I have an idea. What if you sing and I’ll dance”

“Mwo?”

“Oh, I haven’t told you that I am really good at dancing. Name it, cool, y dances. I can do all of those. You want to see?”

Eunji chuckled. “You’re really opposite of me. I admire your confidence!”

“Thanks. You know, we are the living proof of the saying ‘opposites attract’, right?” Sungjong wiggled his eyebrows.

Eunji smiled and nodded then munched her cake.

“All we have to do is practice hard and everything’s going to be fine. We’ll have a blast and give them a stage they will never forget”

“Hwaiting!” and they both raised their glasses and toasted.


A/N: I just have to tell you this. I actually planned Sungjong to be in love with Hoya but then I end him up with Eunji. And the Eunji in my mind was Jung Eunji of APink. I just so love her, her cutness and playfulness, her golden voice, her attitude, her acting. I actually even planned to set her up with Hoya because I am so frustrated at Respond1997 because I'm rooting for Hoya-Eunji love line. But apparently Hoya likes Seo In Guk in the story so...pretty ruined. LOL. Just sharing. And I really like this chapter as well! ^^