Petty Fights Part 2

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: This is the complete version of the chapter I have deleted. Hope you'll enjoy! ^^

 

~~~

 

“Yah!” Myungsoo yelled.

“Yah!” Hoya yelled too and stared at Myungsoo as they both grab the same spoon. Hoya removed his hands and gets the plates instead. “Psh”.

“What are you doing?”

“You. What are you doing?” Myungsoo’s tone rose a little higher.

“What are you doing here? With Jinyoung?”

“Well, she invited me to come over tonight”, Myungsoo proudly stated.

Hoya was taken aback. “She? Invited you?” then he scoffed.

“Of course, she did. Wait. Why are you asking me all of these?”

“Because I wanted to know”

Myungsoo’s mouth hangs open as he racked his brain to his next sentence. “Well, so am I. Then, why are you here as well?”

“I’m here for dinner. Noona invited me.”

“Okay, if that’s so. Would you mind to excuse me?” Myungsoo asked as he made his way outside the kitchen avoiding Hoya, with the utensils in his arms. Hoya was left with the glasses and his infuriating anger building up against Myungsoo. As soon as he regained his composure, he followed Myungsoo out.

“Oh. Here they are!” Misun exclaimed as he clasped her hands together with her excitement. Myungsoo expertly placed down the utensils in their proper places while Hoya poured water on their glasses.

“So, let’s eat now, shall we?” Misun offered and all of them shared their delicious dinner.  

“Wow, omma! This tastes good as expected”.

“No, it’s better because we have shared them with these handsome males in front of us”. Misun chuckled as Jinyoung blushed. The two guys looked proud with their appearances but are secretly exchanging fiery glares with one another.

And breaking the situation, Hoya stood up and served Jinyoung’s bowl filling it with the dish. Jinyoung looked surprised but she smiled at Hoya’s kindness. After she said him her gratitude, Hoya went over and served Misun’s bowl as well. Misun widely grinned at the male. While Myungsoo was waiting for his bowl to be served, Hoya swiftly swings his hand and served himself instead. Myungsoo served his bowl after Hoya put the serving spoon down. Hoya looked at Myungsoo with “what-do-you-want” look and Myungsoo just sneered at him while serving himself.

Right then, Hoya took his huge gulp of the broth and exhaled a satisfying “ah”. “Noona, you cook so well!”

“I told you so”, Jinyoung agreed, elbowing her aunt.

Misun’s cheeks blushed. “Thank you so much with the compliments. It really encourages me to cook often”. After her sentence, she pinned her eyes to Myungsoo who was blowing off the heat from the smoking stew. Myungsoo then sipped from his bowl and Misun waited for his reply.

“How is it?” Misun asked.

Myungsoo looked startled and nearly choked. “It’s the best in the world noona!” Then he coughed a little more. Misun smiled and then turned to her food again.

“Are you okay?” Jinyoung asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo smiled and nodded at her. Jinyoung smiled back. Hoya noticed this and he broke the moment again by starting another story.

“Hey, Jinyoung-ie, are you finished with the homework Prof. Nam told us?”

“Huh?” Jinyoung asked, furrowing her eyebrows, trying to recall the homework Hoya was talking about. “What homework?”

“We have homework, right?” Hoya asked the same question.

“I think you’re not listening well”, Jinyoung mentioned with a smile. “Prof. Nam said that he will be busy for the next few days until the contest so he won’t be able to meet us frequently”.

“He said that?”

“Yes. And he said we can use this time to do other projects or practice for the competition”.

“Ahhh… I see.” Hoya’s face seemed to be relieved.

“Wait! Speaking of the competition, are you joining Hoya?”

“What?” Hoya was quite taken aback. “Ah, yeah, Dongwoo registered my name. He even said that Sungjong wrote down my name even before he confirmed my entry. Haha”, Hoya finished his sentence with an awkward laugh.

“Really? I’m glad for you”. Jinyoung said.

“Thanks!” answered Hoya.

“What contest are you talking about?” Misun butted in.

“Ah! It’s Daekyung University Search for Mr. Freshman 2012 and all male freshmen students are invited to join” Jinyoung explained.

 “Oh. It’s going to be exciting! And you are joining Hoya-geun?”

Hoya nodded and smiled.

“Oh my! I must witness you battle it out on stage! Don’t worry. Noona is roting for you!”

“Gomawo noona!”

“Wait, Myungsoo”.

“Huh?” Myungsoo stopped from sipping from his bowl of stew.

“Aren’t you joining?”

“I’m not sure yet noona. But we’re going to be busy and we just have to focus on our art project instead”

“We?”

“Yes. Jinyoung and I were partners for the art project Prof. Kang gave to us”.

“The two of you?” Hoya asked.

“Yes! As a matter of fact, the reason why Jinyoung invited me over was she wanted to teach me pottery and show me their pottery room”. Myungsoo confidently narrated.

Jinyoung has her perplexed face in her face, the same with her aunt. Hoya was inwardly gritting his teeth because of his jealousy.

“Ah! Ne~ Omma, I’m sorry I forgot to tell you about that. I was about to ask for your permission if we could use your pottery room so we could work on our art project. Is it okay?”

Misun was silent for a while before she answered. “Well, of course you can! Besides it’s for academic purposes”

“Really? Thanks omma!” Jinyoung pulled her for a hug.

“No problem. Well, I think all of us are done eating?”

“Ne~” the three answered in chorus.

Then Misun stood up and cleaned the dishes.

“Let me help you omma”, Jinyoung volunteered.

“No, you better clean the pottery room instead. I can handle this. That room is pretty messy and it’s embarrassing for Myungsoo-geun to see it in a situation like that”

Myungsoo shyly smiled. “No, it’s okay noona”

“No, Myungsoo. Omma’s right. I have to clean it first”.

“I’ll help you!” Myungsoo suggested.

“You sure?”

“Of course I am”, Myungsoo smiled.

“Okay then, let’s go”. Jinyoung turned to Misun. “Omma, we’ll go now to the pottery room”

“Okay”.

Jinyoung and Myungsoo left them. Hoya was just staring at the two while their images disappeared on his sight. Hoya just sighed.

“Uhm, Hoya-geun, if you don’t mind, would you help me do the dishes?”

“Huh? Ne~ noona. I’ll help you”

“Gomawo Hoya-geun”

Hoya followed Misun and they went to the kitchen and wash the dishes. While washing, Misun cleared and asked Hoya.

“Uhm, Hoya-geun, do you like my daughter?”

Hoya was surprised as he almost dropped the glass he was holding. “Huh?”

“I was asking if you like Jinyoung” Misun smiled.

Hoya bit his lips and stared at the glass hard, thinking if he has to answer. A smile was forming into his lips as he replied, “Yes, noona. I really like her a lot”.