18 Is this...love?

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: First of all, sorry for this crappy chapter. It's okay if you won't like this but I'm here to update. He-he. I promise I'll make it up to you guys the next time I'll update so... Gaaaaah~ I’m just so tired. Physically and mentally stressed. I work at my part time job and now the classes are going near. I think I’m going to die. Oh my. Again, sorry for this crappy chapter. Jeongmal mianhae. TT_TT

 

~~~

Myungsoo's POV

 

“Myungie- wakey wakey~” Sungyeol kept on shrugging my almost lifeless body who was lying on the bed. I peeped on my phone to check out the time which says 8:59 but then I don’t feel like moving. So I just wrap myself with the blankets and ignore my choding roommate.

“Hey, Myungie- We’re going to be late” Sungyeol poked my body. I just answered him with grunts. I don’t feel like waking up and going to school. I’m numbed, no, I just wished I am.

“Ah, you’re testing me Myungsoo-yah” Sungyeol blew his bangs and climb to the top bunk bed and started to tickle me. God. Why does he always use this as his final resort? I tried my very best to control my tickle bone from exploding but Sungyeol knows where exactly my weakness located.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Lee Sungyeol! If you won’t stop tickling me, I’ll make sure you’ll be wiped out from earth!” I burst out as I finally came out from the blankets and got up. Sungyeol laughed and throw his fist in the air for his victory. Sungyeol jumped down from my bed and slid on his shoes.

“Aren’t you going to school? It’s late!” Sungyeol nagged.

“Nah” I sighed as my shoulders drooped.

“Why?”

“Just feel like it”

Yes, I just feel like not waking up and go to school and just stay in this room and lock myself up. I went back to bed and stared at the ceiling. Sungyeol continued on his nagging but it never worked on me so he gave up and went to school alone. I just sighed as her image appeared again on my mind. I ruffled my hair as I remembered that fail phone call. Why am I such an idiot whenever I’m in front of her? I’m not usually like this in front of other girls but why do I keep on being like this.

I was practically talking to myself when the door suddenly opened. Sungyeol came in and sighed as he threw his bag on his bed. He slouched at the chair in the front of our dining table.

“Why are you here? I thought you’re going to school”

“I hate you”

“Why?”

“You’re such a bad influence!”

I chuckled. “So it’s my fault?”

He just pouted and munched some chips which were left opened at the table. I got down from my bed and sluggishly went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. When I came back, I saw Sungyeol who was holding my phone.

“Yah!” I screamed and immediately fished my phone out from his grip.  “Why are you invading someone else’s property?”

He just smirked and ignored me like he hasn’t done something serious against me. I hate him when he uses my things without my permission, especially my phone.  “Anyways, what happened to the call last night? Any stories you would like to share?”

“Oh shut up”

“Hey, don’t tell me she…”

“Don’t you dare bring up that word!”

“She…oh my god, she dumped you!”

I just exhaled the anger that was building up inside me because of this person. He doesn’t need to tell me that she practically dumped me because I knew that too well. And it’s sadder to hear that word “dump” coming from other’s mouth.

“My words did came true”

“Yeah, and I’m cursing you for that”

“Wait, I didn’t mean that okay? Well, did she really, uhm, dumped, I mean, hang up?”

I rolled my eyes and nodded. I can’t bring myself up to say those words. I can see Sungyeol trying to restrain himself from laughing. “What?”

“God. Myungsoo, a girl dumped you?”

I clicked my tongue trying to control myself from punching this person. I just sat on his bed and let him do the yada yada.

“So?”

“A GIRL DUMPED YOU?” he emphasized his words. “It’s new”.

“What’s new?”

“because normally, you’re the one who’s dumping the girls, right? Ever since then, you haven’t been serious among girls. And you haven’t been depressing yourself among girls you met but this girl, what makes her different from your past?”

What makes her different? I don’t even know what makes her different. She’s not even a standout but she really caught my eyes. She’s pretty normal like the other girls I met but what really makes her different? Is it because she can make my heart stop? Is it because she can melt me with her gaze? Is it because her voice can send me to heaven? Is it because I can’t make her mine?

“You love her”

Sungyeol interrupted my train of thoughts with those words lingering inside my mind. I love her?

“That’s real. That’s genuine. I’m sure of it Myungsoo”

“Huh? What do you mean real?”

“Because it’s the first time I saw you fidgeting on your phone, hesitating to call her or not. It’s also the first time I saw you being depressed just because she hanged up from your phone call. It’s also the first time I saw you keeping an item owned by a girl. Remember the wallet you don’t even let me see what inside it? It’s real love man.”

I guess Sungyeol’s right. And with his words, I’m starting to see the weirdness inside me. All he said was correct. It’s the first time I’m being like this towards a girl. Going back to the first time I saw her, I became different. I tried to show her my usual cockiness but I guess I just learned to hate myself for being like that because she now hates me for being a jerk in front of her.

“You should know her better so you could know your feelings better” Sungyeol suggested.

“Should I?”

He just gave me it’s-up-to-you look. I guess he’s right. I have to be a man and face her. I have to know her better and I have to make her know who is the real me, the real Kim Myungsoo, and not the jerk she knew all this time. Besides, I can change her first impression towards me. And I must.