15 Phone Call

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: This chapter will be told from someone’s POV (or my POV? lol)

 

~~~

*plays The Chaser* (Jinyoung’s ring tone, mine too lol)

Jinyoung was lying on her bed starting to get some sleep but she managed to grab her phone from the table beside her bed.

 

Unknown number calling

 

She furrowed her eyebrows trying to find out who’s this person who will call her this late at night. Anyways, she put her phone near her ear and answered the call.

“Yoboseyo?”

The other line was silent but she could hear someone breathing. She just stayed on the line waiting for that person to answer but the breathing continued. Jinyoung suddenly remembered the movie she has watched. It was like this, late at night, a person called a girl on her phone but that person on the other line never spoke up and just breathes on her ears. Then it turned into moans, creepy moans. Then he narrated to her that he was fully and all and told her nasty, ert things on his mind. Those thoughts gave Jinyoung goose bumps.

Although she was afraid that it may happen to her on this phone call, she tried to act brave and continued to answer the call. If that person will continue to just breathe on the other line, she will hang up. 

“Yoboseyo?” She repeated with her slightly annoyed tone. “Who’s this?”

But the other line continued to give her suspense. “ert!” Jinyoung exclaimed. She was about to push the end button but surprisingly the person on the other line has finally spoken.

“No! I’m not ert!” a tensed tone of a man was heard on the line.

Jinyoung was startled and bit her lip. She sensed the familiarity of the voice but she shrugged off the idea that this could possibly be Myungsoo. She stayed silent for a while and waited for him to speak up.

“Hello?” the person on the other line started to speak on his normal tone. “Are you still on the line?”

Jinyoung nodded as if she can be seen. She mentally slapped herself for acting like that. “Who’s this?”

“Uhm, it’s me”.

“Huh?”

“It’s m-me. M-Myungsoo”.

 

Myungsoo. Her eyes widened. She can’t believe that the person on her mind was actually calling her. Strangely, she doesn’t know what to do or what to say at this moment. Startled, she absentmindedly pushed the end button.

“Hello?” Jinyoung asked the other line only to be answered by complete silence. She stared at her phone and realized that he hanged up. Then her foolishness hit her. It’s too late to regret what she has done. “Oh shocks! Why did I push it?” Jinyoung buried her face in her pillows and screamed. She ruffled her hair in her frustration. But then again, her phone rang. She immediately answered it.

“I’m sorry Myungsoo” she urgently apologized.

“Huh?” the other line asked her.

“Sorry for hanging up” she reiterated.

“Huh? Wait. Myungsoo called you?”

“What?”

“I’m asking if Myungsoo called you”

“Who’s this?”

“Hello? It’s me. Sungjong! What’s happening to you?”

 

Jinyoung gasped and hit her head. She glanced at her phone and found out Sungjong’s caller ID. “Oh my God. What kind of idiot am I?” Jinyoung said to herself face palming.

“Hey Jinyoung. Are you talking or something?”

“Huh? No!” Jinyoung let out an embarrassing laugh. “Sorry Sungjong, I thought it was…”

“Myungsoo? Oh my God! Tell me! Tell me! He called you?”

“Uhm…Yeah…”

“I knew it! He’ll call you! So what happened? Dish it out. I’m all ears”

“I ended the call”

“What? Why?”

“I was surprised that he called and I absentmindedly pushed the end button” Jinyoung bit her lip.

“Oh my God Jinyoung. You wasted your chance”

“Huh? It’s as if I wanted to talk to him anyways”

Sungjong sneered. “Liar. I know you wanted him to call you. So what’s the meaning of “Sorry Myungsoo, sorry for hanging up” Sungjong mocked her on the line.

Jinyoung scoffed. “You know what Sungjong. You’re lucky we’re not talking face to face or else I’m going to beat you up!”

Sungjong laughed. “But honestly, it made you happy when he called, right?”

She stayed silent.

“Hey Jinyoung-ie~”

“Okay, okay” She rolled her tongue. “It did. But just a little”

“Psssh. Stop lying to me Jinyoung. I know you are very, very, very happy that he called!” Sungjong let out a victorious laugh. “Okay, I’ll hang up now. Maybe he’s going to call you again and if he noticed that your line is busy, I don’t want you to blame me for missing your chance again”

“What the-”

“Tell me everything tomorrow okay? Byeong”

Before Jinyoung could explain her side, Sungjong has finally hanged up. She just sighed. A smile formed into her face as she stared at her phone clicking at her phone’s call log. She then saved Myungsoo’s number into her phonebook. She leaned against the headboard and hugged the pillow beside her. Somehow she has been waiting for Myungsoo to call again but unfortunately, she received nothing. She drifted off to sleep with this growing pain inside her heart that she can’t bear to explain in words.

 

A/N: Oh no! Poor Jinyoung-ie~ She felt the strange pain inside her heart. What could it be? And why did she feel it? T_T