I Guess Pt.2

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

A/N: I was editing the previous chapter and all, and then, when I go check it out again, the updates went *poof!* all gone. So I have to start from scratch. Whew. Argh. I am not so into techie thingies. Rawr. Anyways, I hope you like this update and please do comment. I am really worrying about this if I should still go on with writing or not. Sorry to bother you guys. I just need some kind of, uhm, moral support (?). Kekeke. And by the way, have you seen it? This ff has finally have its poster! Hooray to itsysworld for the awesome poster. Sorry for this looooongg note. lol. ^^ Enjoy reading and have a nice day sweetie you.

 

~~~

Myungsoo POV

 

Is this just a mere coincidence or is this what they call destiny? I asked myself while looking at Jinyoung who was talking on the phone. I wasn’t that very sure from the moment I first saw her at the train station but it seems like destiny has been on my side, wanting me to meet her, wanting us to be together just like this. We became sort of enemies. We became classmates and now we pretty turned out to be, oh how should I say this, a couple which Sunggyu hyung and Misun noona somehow set up. Through thinking all of these, it looks like we never meet just by chance. It feels like something or someone, whom I don’t even know if there exists as such, arranged us to meet at the right place, at the right time.

 

The moment you find someone that makes your heart beat… stop the search and take the risk. Remember that the world is a big place. That if you lose someone, you have to search the whole world again… or even worse, you have lost your chance for that once in a lifetime.

 

I suddenly remembered what my mom told me when I was young. And she was the one who taught me to believe in destiny. At first, I don’t understand why she has to tell me those kinds of things to a young boy like me back then. What does destiny have to do with my life? If mom and dad were destined for each other then screw destiny for making mom cry and suffer under dad’s hand. Screw destiny for breaking my mom’s heart.

But mom’s belief was so strong that even I couldn’t believe how she can do it. I knew that they both love each other but then things turned out the way it shouldn’t be. Father seemed to lose the feeling of love while mom was still holding on to him. They were always fighting and mom always ends up being hurt and crying herself to sleep at night. Every night, she’ll come to my room and hug me tight, showering me kisses and hugs, telling me that I shouldn’t despise my father even if I saw him hurting her. And I ask her about that stupid thing called destiny and why the hell does she believe in that. She said that she was destined to love my father and she was destined to understand him and love him no matter what happens between the two of them. She said that she will never, ever regret loving my father with all of her heart because through the love that they shared, there was me who existed.

I tried to prove the fault of this word through engaging into different relationships in the past and every relationship I got into, failed. I wanted to show mom that destiny will never exist in this world but she just laughed at my silliness. She said that defying its power is useless because destiny works in ways we never expect that it would.

And it really did. Who knows that I was going to meet this beautiful girl in front of me who is, somehow, teaching me to believe again in destiny and in love - knowing that she hasn’t fallen in love yet? Moreover, those words I told her before, I mean it all. I just hope she believes in me and I just hope to this so-called destiny works for the both of us.

My journey of thoughts suddenly came to its end as I saw her coming towards me as soon as the phone call ends. The smile painted in my lips never left as I kept on admiring her beautiful face, with her long hair dancing harmoniously with the breeze.

 

“Sorry for making you wait” She apologized and sat beside me.

“Nah, that’s okay. So where are we going now?” It seems like the serious topic we were discussing earlier was out of the picture and I guess we have to go back again to the casual talk.

“Uhm, Myungsoo…” she said while fidgeting at her phone’s cute strap.

“Why? Is there any problem?”

“Not at all. It’s just that… It’s just that Hoya-ssi called me and then, he asked me to meet him today” Wait what? Just what did she say? Hoya wanted to meet her? You mean Hoya? Hoya at the café? They were that close?

Even if I wanted to ask her all of these things that were bothering inside my mind, I have to keep my cool and act like there’s nothing wrong with me and just go with the flow.

“Is it important? You can go meet him if it is” I proposed, pinning my eyes on the ground.

“Huh?” she seemed surprised.

“You can meet him…” I bitterly said.

“But I told him I was with you”

My eyes widen uncontrollably. I was dazed. “You told him?”

She just nodded cutely biting her lip.

“What did he say?” I’m getting more and more curious about what she said to Hoya.

“Uh, he just said ‘okay’ and ‘enjoy’… then he hang up” she said guilelessly.

“Oh…” I just timidly nodded and pursed my lips. I don’t know what more to say. Deep inside my fluttering heart, I was jumping for joy! I don’t know why I was feeling like I just won over someone – probably, Hoya? I don’t know but I’m sure of this, I’m happy that she chose to be with me today.

 “So, what are we going to do now?” she suddenly asked the startled me as she stared at the sky, curling her toes in a very adorable way.

“Hm. What to do? What to do?” I furrowed my eyebrows and I felt the light bulb pop in my brain. “Is our ‘ask basic questions’ game finally ended?” I asked her.

She chortled a little. “Do you still want to continue playing?”

“You. It’s up to you” I said.

She sighed. “Do you want dukbokki?”

“You mean the best tasting dukbokki in Seoul?” I paused for a while. “Of course, yes!”

 

She furrowed her eyebrows at my exaggeration. I just smiled at her and instinctively took her hands. I was worried at first, worried that I shouldn’t have done that but she doesn’t seem to dislike what I just did. So, it’s official. I just held her hand! I smiled to myself as we went to my favorite dukbokki stand not far from where we were. We didn’t notice that we have been walking from Myungdong up to the streets of Hongdae for the whole day.

I’m just grateful that she’s not that kind of girl who was going gaga over fancy restaurants during dates like these and is just okay with just eating at food stalls on the streets like this. We ordered and eat our hearts out with these hot and spicy rice cakes.

“Ah~ Maa!” she exclaimed as she digs into her fourth piece of rice cake.

God. She really looks cute while she’s eating heartily. I was so contented and happy watching her eat when the sauce stained the corner of her lips. And she doesn’t notice anything about it.

“Uhm, Jinyoung” I nervously called her name.

“Wae?” she looked at me with her very innocent eyes while she munched the rice cake inside .

“Uhm, there’s a…stain in your mouth…”

“Huh?”

She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted her lips. I couldn’t contain myself from her cuteness and I suddenly placed my thumb and wiped the stain on gently.

“There you go”, I said as I wiped the stain out completely and she stood there unmoving with her eyes a little stunned. I noticed this stiffness coming from her and then there goes the awkwardness surrounding us again. Blame it to my impulsiveness for inducing skinship.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have done that” I said as scratch the back of my head pinning my eyes at the ground, mentally hitting my head for this stupidity.

“No, it’s okay. Thanks anyways” she smiled at me and put down the paper cup on the mini table of the food stall. Regrets flooded my brain nerves and blocked the way I should think. And as soon as I become lost in my own world, regretting and liking at the same time what I did to her, she did something that men should do in times like this.

“Come on” she said, ushering me to leave the dukbokki stand.

“Huh? You paid it all? I should be the one who’s paying…”

“You can pay next time” then she started to walk and I followed her slow strides. “Come on!”

Crap. I let her pay for our first ‘date’. Shame on me. Aw, man. This isn’t going right. I have to show her that I’m a responsible person and I have to pay for this shameful act.

I caught up on her and grab her shoulder. “Don’t worry”. I started as she was stood there a little surprised. “I promise you, I’ll take you to a fancier restaurant! I’m going to fill your stomach up way much better than this dukbokki stand!”

She tried her very best not to laugh at me as I could see her cheeks swell trying to control her laughter. Even if she did that, I promised that to her and I said that genuinely. I will work harder now for her since I found my new inspiration in life, my power and my strength to keep on living my life the best that I could.

“Okay, you said it Myungsoo.” She said it with a smile on her lips and turned around to keep on walking. We ate red bean ice cream and continued playing our ‘ask basic questions’ game. I knew from her that she came from an all-girls school ever since she studied and so she hasn’t had the time to meet boys and date. She also told me how some of her female classmates became lesbian and ended up into homoual relationship. She’s not against with it but she said that as long as you’re happy with the person you love the most; it wouldn’t be a bad thing at all. What matters most is the matters of your heart and not what other people will say about the two of you. It’s so much fun talking to her like this, knowing her better like this. I suddenly remembered Sungyeol told me once: “You should know her better so you could know your feelings better”. With that, I guess, I finally know, it’s growing inside my heart.

 

*fluff eh? lol. squish Myungie naoooo*