Telling The Truth

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

Hoya’s POV

 

It pained me so much that I could feel that she was slowly being taken away from me. I know Myungsoo likes her but it hurts me so much that I could see in her eyes that she likes him as well. They seemed really close and Jinyoung’s becoming comfortable around Myungsoo these past few days. I’ve seen them talk with each other at the café and now they became partners for their art project. There’s a lot of time they can spend with each other. And after discovering from Misun noona that she has set upped Jinyoung with Myungsoo added to the pain I was feeling right now. I don’t want to lose her without her knowing that I was holding onto her.

Now, Misun noona asked me if I like her. Of course, I really do like her. So I answered yes. I don’t even have to think twice and hesitate. Besides I suppose this could be an opportunity to change things she has planned for Jinyoung and Myungsoo if she’ll know about my feelings for her daughter.

“Yes, noona. I really like her a lot. She is so pretty and she is really nice. It’s easy to fall for someone like her. She’s like an angel. And I am in love with an angel”. I blushed with my own words. It’s my first time to speak cheesy words in front of a person like that. Maybe that’s the power of love. It can change you in ways you’ll never know.

I can see her smile before she uttered these words. “So Myungsoo has a rival huh?”

“What do you mean by that noona?” I pretended that I didn’t get what she means. Of course I knew what she was talking about.

“We have set upped Jinyoung with Myungsoo a while ago and we were surprised that the two of them was going well together. But Jinyoung hasn’t told me anything about her feelings so I guess you still have a chance on her”. Misun noona stated.

“You think?”      

“I guess so. Well, you’re handsome and you’re really likeable. Oh my, don’t you know I was wishing that you are my son? Haha. So it will not be impossible for her to fall for someone like you” Misun smiled.

 “Thank you so much for your kind words noona”

“Well, I was just saying the truth. But let’s leave the decision to Jinyoung. I am in no place to dictate who she is going to choose between you and Myungsoo. But, I just want to warn you, don’t make my princess cry, arasseo?”

“Of course noona. I will never, ever make her cry!” and with that, he sped up on washing the dishes which lightens the serious aura between the two of them. “And I will be your son just as what you have wished for!”

It’s good to hear from noona that she’s giving us equal chances. So I better make a move to make her fall for me.

 

~~~

Author's POV

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung and Myungsoo reached the pottery room. It was a small room on their attic and Misun was pretty right for telling that the room was messy. As soon as the room was lit, the two confirmed its messy aura. It was filled with unfinished jars, mugs, broken pieces of dried clay, dirty towels, and blocks of wood. Although it was unorganized, Misun’s finished masterpieces were on display on a fibreglass covered shelves. Both Myungsoo and Jinyoung admired her artworks.

“Oh my, I never know omma has something like this”

“Yeah. She’s pretty good at pottery”. Myungsoo examined some oof her artworks with his eyes, afraid to break any of those if he’ll touch them and not be careful.

Jinyoung became quiet as she held one of Misun’s creations. It was an urn, carved with an image of a mother hugging her child. Jinyoung wiped the dusts to make the image more visible. She smiled as she remembered something dear to her heart and with that a tear fall down from her eyes. She immediately wiped it but Myungsoo noticed it.

“What’s the matter Jinyoung?” Myungsoo worriedly asked.

“Ah, I just remembered my parents”.

“But your mother was just there washing the dishes.”

“Ah…” Jinyoung paused to think deeply for her words. “Omma is just my aunt. She let me stay with her after my parents died from the accident. She wanted me to call her omma so I called her with that”

“Oh, I’m sorry for your lost”

“No, it’s okay. Besides, I knew that my parents are happy that omma was keeping me. I know my parents are still there, watching me, guiding me, so I will never feel alone.”

“It’s good to hear that from you. You’re a strong person.”

Jinyoung just smiled.

“Uhm, Jinyoung…”

“Hmm?” She replied without breaking her eye contact at the pottery.

“I just wanted to say sorry about what happened on our first meeting. I was a little rude towards you and provoked you. I’m really sorry.”

Jinyoung smiled and faced Myungsoo. “No, I also wanted to say sorry for hitting you on your face”

“Yes! You should be! It really hurts, you know? You almost broke my jaw. You’re really different from your appearance”.

“What?”

“No, I mean… you’re prettier in person than in photo”

“Whatever” Jinyoung pouted. “Wait, what photo?” she asked Myungsoo who was now taken aback. All this time, Jinyoung never knew that he was keeping her wallet – the one she lost at the train station. “Anyways, it doesn’t matter because all this time, I knew you were a ert”

“Mwo? ERT?”

“Uh-uh. Remember when you called me on the phone? You really sounded like a ert. A scary guy who calls to young girls at night to do erted things like in the movies” Jinyoung acted like disgusted and scared.

“No I’m not a ert! I was just…”

“What?” Jinyoung cut him off. “Just simply tell me you are a -“

“I was just worried, okay”. Myungsoo cut her off. “I was just worrying that you won’t answer my call. And I just don’t know what to say to you at that moment. I was so awkward. Sorry” Myungsoo shyly confessed.

Jinyoung stared at him and started to laugh.  “You look cute”

“What? I look cute?”

Jinyoung stopped from laughing and nervously avoided eye contact to Myungsoo. She blinked hard and bit her lips. “Huh? What are you talking about?” she said trying to change topic.

“You told me I was cute! I heard that!” Myungsoo insisted.

“I never told anything like that, excuse me”. Jinyoung slightly pushed Myungsoo away to the side but Myungsoo was so strong and firmly stood in his palce. He even moved closer to her and leaned forward to her. Jinyoung was so nervous and she was actually shaking.

“Tell me, I am cute, please”, Myungsoo pleaded.

“Huh? No way will I tell that”

“You won’t?” Myungsoo asked. Now, his face was so near to Jinyoung’s. She averted her gaze, trying not to make eye contact with him.

“Yes I won’t” Jinyoung fought hard to be calmed and composed but he grabbed her chin and made her look at him. Jinyoung was surprised as her eyes were widely opened. She can even see her own reflection on Myungsoo’s brown orbs. Her face was flushing red and her heart was beating so fast. Myungsoo’s stare was so deep that she thought it could even swallow her. He slowly leaned forward. His lips were inches apart from her. Jinyoung gulped hard and bit her lips. Myungsoo closed his eyes and it encouraged her to do the same. With that magical moment, Myungsoo felt the need to kiss her. But Jinyoung pulled up the urn she was holding and covered her lips. Myungsoo kiss the urn instead.

“Yah!!!” Myungsoo yelled spitting the dirt that touched his lips. He wiped his lips with his hands. He was burning with embarrassment. Jinyoung run off laughing. Myungsoo chased her and they ran around the small room, laughing, screaming like kids.

But Myungsoo has swiftly grabbed her and pinned her on the wall. She was surprised at Myungsoo’s sudden actions but running weakened her body. Both of them were panting, catching up their breath, staring at each other’s eyes. And silence filled the whole room. Myungsoo grabbed the urn Jinyoung was still holding and placed in on the table nearby. Jinyoung followed his moves through her eyes. They shared a little moment of silence not until Myungsoo spoke up.

“Jinyoung, I just wanted you to know…” Myungsoo trailed off to his words.

She just stared at him with her questioning look.

“I just want you to know that I…”

 

“Jinyoung! Myungsoo?” Misun called out. Both of them were surprised as they immediately compose themselves to face Misun.

“Ne omma?” Jinyoung cleared while fixing like whatever.

“Wait, did I just interrupt you or something?” Misun went a little closer to check up on them.

“No, aniya omma. We’re just talking about the strategies we have to use for our art project. Right, Myungsoo?” Jinyoung slightly hit his arm.

“Ah, yeah, yeah, Jinyoung’s right noona”. Myungsoo awkwardly answered and placed his hands inside his pants’ pockets.

“Okay. I was just…worried. It’s getting late and you should go home now” and then Misun turned her back to exit the room.

 “Oh my! I haven’t kept track of the time”. Jinyoung exclaimed. “Omma’s right. You better go home now! Go, go, go.” Jinyoung awkwardly suggested to Myungsoo. She rushed to follow Misun outside and linked arms with her. Myungsoo followed the both of them.

“Uhm, omma, where’s Hoya?” Jinyoung asked making sure Myungsoo heard that.

“He’s still inside, placing the doshirak I made for him and for Myungsoo.”

“Okay, omma.” With that Jinyoung quickly turned her head back to have a glimpse of Myungsoo. She was a little thankful that Myungsoo didn’t see her look at him. And then, the three of them went inside the house.

 

“So we better call this a night. I really enjoy spending dinner with the both of you. Thank you for being good friends with my daughter”.

The two males smiled at Misun and then to Jinyoung.

“Ne~ ddo kamsahamnida. Thank you for this wonderful dinner and for this doshirak.” Hoya exclaimed.

“Well, thanks to you Hoya-geun, for helping me on the dishes”.

Hoya smiled. “That’s nothing”.

“Oh, here is yours Myungsoo” Misun gave Myungsoo his doshirak.

“Oh! Thank you so much noona!”

“No problem. Okay, Hoya-geun, Myungsoo-geun, take care on your way back home”.

“Ne~ Bye noona. Bye Jinyoung!” the two males exclaimed in sync and then inwardly exchanged fiery looks. Jinyoung offered to send them off the gate but the two disagree and said that she should better rest. Myungsoo and Hoya went outside the house, walking side by side. They both shared awkward silence since none of them started a conversation until they went on their separate ways.

 

This is war.