Inside the Guys' Minds

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

“No way Myungsoo will get close to her!” Hoya threw himself on the couch, gritting his teeth.

“What’s wrong oppa? It’s already late but your temper is rising like a sun. What’s the matter?” a young girl plopped herself on the sofa. She has towel on her head and she looked like she just came out on the shower.

“Well… Doesn’t matter. Have you eaten your dinner yet?”

“Of course not. You didn’t give me money so how could I buy food?” she pouted.

“Aigoomeonina! My little sister is so hungry. Okay, oppa is sorry arasseo?”

She still pouted.

“I brought you a delicious doshirak” Hoya said in a sing-song manner with a smile on his face.

The young girl’s face lightened up as soon as she heard the word “food”. “Jinjja? Where’s the food? Come on oppa. Give me the food!” She exclaimed.

“It’s on my bag”

With that she immediately digs into his bag and searched for the doshirak like a scavenger who hasn’t eaten for years. When she pulled out the Tupperware, she opened it and smelled the delicious scent of the stew. It also has various side dishes inside. She clasped her hands excited to eat to her heart extent.

“Oppa! These look delicious! Oh my! Who cooked all of these?” Then she grabbed the pickled radish and munched on it. “Uwaaa~ I never thought that the simple radish could be delicious than this!”

Hoya chuckled. “I know right!”

“So who cooked these oppa? Bring that amazing chef in this house so I won’t be skinny like a stick like what I am right now.”

“Don’t I feed you well?”

“Oh no, you didn’t” she laughed.

“I better send you back to omma and appa now”

“Mwo?” she almost choked on her food. She dropped her chopsticks and screamed. “Nooooo~ I don’t want to!”

“But you told me that I am not feeding you well”

“That’s why I’m asking you who made these delicious dishes so you could learn to cook well”

Hoya sneered. “It was made by Jinyoung’s mom, Misun noona. They live blocks away from here. That’s where I ate dinner tonight.”

“Jinyoung? Misun? Who are those people oppa?”

“Well…” Hoya blushed.

“You’re blushing?”

“Huh? ME? NO! I am not.”

“Yes, you are” she laughed. “Wait, I could guess. So, I supposed Jinyoung’s the girl you like and Misun is her mom who cooked these delicious foods, is it right?”

“How could you know that?” Hoya furrowed his eyebrows.

“Of course. I know. You’re my oppa! And I should know what troubles you or what makes you happy just like what you are to me, right?”

“Awww. Heejin-ah… I’m touched.”

She just scoffed. “Aigoo. But oppa, you want to know the real reason how did I know about her?”

Hoya has his questioning eyes. “What?”

“Come on. Oppa, how could I not know? I even heard you speaking her name while you were sleeping!”

 “MWORAGO?”

Heejin just laughed at his brother’s embarrassed face.

“I did that?”

“Of course. I was awake when I heard some noise. I thought it was some burglars or you just left the TV open. But then, it was you all along, sleep talking…”

“Jinjja?”

“Uh-uh. You were like this. ‘Oh Jinyoung-ah, I’ll make you mine. You’re mine, Jinyoung-ah. Don’t be close to Myungsoo. Because you are mine, Jinyoung-ah” Heejin mocked her brother with her teasing look.

Hoya just laughed at her sister’s act. And upon hearing Myungsoo’s name, his face darkened. “Myungsoo…” he breathed.

“Anyways, how can the name of that Myungsoo appear on your dreams? My God. He ruined my heart and now he even ruined my oppa’s dream girl”

“Wait. What are you talking about right now?”

She rolled her eyes. “I just can’t believe that his name appeared on your dreams. Just how many Myungsoo exists in this world? Argh”. She crossed her arms. Her face became serious and annoyed.

“Myungsoo? Why? What it concerned you?”

“Remember the guy who ditched me just because he thinks that we are not destined for each other? Who the hell believes in that destiny nowadays? Pathetic. Yes, Kim Myungsoo is pathetic”.

“Yes. Myungsoo is pathetic. But uh, excuse me for your little drama Heejin-ah, but are we talking about the same person?”

“I don’t know. Wait, I have a picture of him on my phone. God, why I haven’t deleted that one” she mentally scolded herself. She grabbed her phone on the side table and showed it to Hoya. And they are right. They are talking about the same person.

 Hoya glared at the image but immediately returned it to her little sister before he could spit on it, specifically on his face.

“So is he the Kim Myungsoo you are talking?” Heejin asked Hoya.

“No one else”

“Well, how’d you guys know each other?”

“Unfortunately, we’re working at the same café and unfortunately also, it seemed like we like the same girl and unfortunately he was also there when I have dinner at Jinyoung’s house”. Hoya stated finishing his answer with a deep sigh.

“What?”

Hoya just nodded sarcastically.

“But I don’t want to lose to him. And I don’t want Jinyoung choose that jerk over me”

“No way oppa. Show that jerk what he did to me. You have to show her that Myungsoo doesn’t deserve her. You are way, way, way, much better than Myungsoo, arasseo? Show her that you are the best because you are the best oppa in the world!”

Hoya just smiled but he knew that inside, he was infuriated by the thought of fighting with Myungsoo for Jinyoung’s heart. “I know Heejin-ah. I’ll win her heart and I’ll win over Myungsoo”.

 

~~~

 

“Oh you’re home!” Sungyeol excitedly hugged the surprised Myungsoo. “Hmmm, what’s that smell?” Sungyeol sniffed.

“What smell are you talking about?” Myungsoo irritatingly pushed Sungyeol on the side.

“Psh. I was talking about that delicious aroma I smelled from you. Well, do you have, by any chance, food inside your back pack?” Sungyeol wiggled his eyebrows.

“Ah! Yes, I have!” Myungsoo opened his back pack and pulled out the doshirak. “It was made by…” Myungsoo haven’t finished his sentence when Sungyeol swiftly grabbed the doshirak and placed it on their dining table. Sungyeol opened the Tupperware and smelled the food. The stew was still warm. He gulped the stew and exhaled his satisfaction.

“Uwaaaa~ this is magnificent. This is marvellous. This is amazing. This is one of a kind. This is a state of an art food creation. This is delicious, extremely delicious!” Sungyeol continuously played on words trying to describe the taste. “Who made this?”

Myungsoo smiled and sat on Sungyeol’s bed. “As I was saying, it was made by Misun noona, Jinyoung’s omma”

Sungyeol almost choke. “Jinyoung’s omma? You mean your girlfriend’s mother?”

Myungsoo nodded. “She’s not my girlfriend…”

“Yet”. Sungyeol finished his sentence. “Come on, Myungie. Let her be your girlfriend. Make her our girlfriend and you will forever be blessed with these amazing dishes! Of course, I would also get some part of your blessings right?” He wiggled his eyebrows and sipped the soup again. “I know you two will end up together anyways. And you will be noona’s son-in-law.”

“I hope so”

“Why the sudden gloom?”

“Because I have a rival on her mother’s heart”

 “Rival? Who? And how’d you know that you have rival?”

“You know Hoya?”

“Hoya? Hmmm. Is he the one on the café where you were working? Yes! So what about him?”

“Well, Misun noona is pretty close with Hoya”.

“So?”

“So, it only means that Hoya could win her noona’s heart and there could be a chance that noona would choose Hoya over me because they are very close”

“Wait, Myungie. Who set upped you with Jinyoung anyways?”

“Sunggyu hyung and Misun noona”

“Who’s Jinyoung’s mom again?”

“Come on Yeolie, what kind of question is that?”

“Just answer me!”

“Okay. Of course it’s Misun noona. So?”

“So… it means that Misun noona was rooting for you on the first place! Come think of it Myungie. You have nothing to be afraid and insecure with Hoya-ssi”

“I get your point but…”

“Aish! Don’t be discouraged. You have a lot of chance to be Jinyoung’s man than Hoya-ssi. All you have to do is too use that opportunity that God gave you and show Jinyoung that she should choose you over Hoya. Simple as that”

Myungsoo just have his poker face on.

“Come on Myungie, you won’t let these delicious foods go. You’ll regret this.” With that, Sungyeol focused on eating once again as Myungsoo drifted away on his thoughts.

Myungsoo just laughed at his forever choding attitude. Sungyeol has a point, he thought. He should make Jinyoung his girl. And he doesn’t want to lose to Hoya. Now that they are getting close with each other, with Jinyoung sharing her life stories with him, there’s no way he could let her go.